Favorite story outside of her series?

#1 Posted by Ohmstar (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman is one of my favorite comic book characters, but it's occurred to me that I haven't read enough of her. I've read all of her titles and most of the Catwoman Elseworlds and similar stories. Aside from most of the stuff with her name in the title, I haven't read much of Catwoman. And I honestly haven't read anything of her before her appearance in Batman: Year One and subsequently her four issue mini-series (well, two issues in Wonder Woman during the mod phase). I am hoping to be introduced to some good, interesting stories that I am unfamiliar with.

So.....what's your favorite Catwoman story or appearance outside of her title series (and Gotham City Sirens)?

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush, easily.

#3 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ohmstar: She had a nice little subplot in Tony Daniel's Batman Life After Death recently. He draws her beautifully to boot. Even though she only has a few scenes, Tony Daniel's written a better Catwoman than Dini has in all of Sirens.  I don't like Sirens at all; Catwoman is wasted on that book. She's not getting any character development and seems to always be relegated to being the damsel in distress, i.e. having to be saved by the other two.

My alltime favorite Catwoman is Loeb/Sale in Long Halloween/Dark Victory/When In Rome.
#4 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her in Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and When In Rome and I'd like to read more of her too. Any more suggestions?

#6 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

You know i used to collect her comics but then i just stopped and started collecting other comics like Elektra and Fantastic Four that's basically it but i have a lot and i sort of do wanna start collecting her comics but i don't know where to start at collecting 'em

#7 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio
@chipsnopotatoes:
I am very Happy to hear that end part, I just started  reading it. Thanks :D
#8 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446:  Great! Let us know how you like it :D
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92759 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her in both War Games and Hush. But Hush was EPIC.

#10 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio
@chipsnopotatoes:
Holy Smokes! So good. The relationship between Bruce and Selina, and Batman and Catwoman was really well written. About to start Catwoman: When in Rome... Looking forward to it :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.