Do you think Anne Hathaway can play a good Selina Kyle?

• 82 results
#51 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

oh well.......she is no EVA GREEN.....i wanted her to play catwoman.........BUT hathaway is a decent american actress and she can play dark and gritty well.........(seethe movie  havoc) 

what i am mostly worried about is nolan and how he will pull of a strong/sexy and independent  woman with his bad track record i.e rachel dawes a la Maggie G and Katie.......uuuggggghhhhhhhh

#52 Posted by stuamerica (327 posts) - - Show Bio

The only concern I have is that she does not seem athletic enough for me.  Hathaway is one of my favorite actresses right now and certainly has the chops for that. I do not see her going toe to toe with anyone, however.  That and the aforementioned history of Nolan's women in this series. 
#53 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think so. So far she's about the only person cast I'm not crazy for. I just cant get the image of her in Princess Diaries out of my head. I know that was years ago and she's not a horrible actress but as far as her being able to portray a convincing Catwoman, I'm not sold.

#54 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a good actress. I have faith she can do it right.

#55 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't so sure Christian Bale could pull off Bruce Wayne/Batman. I believe Nolan can make anyone seem a better actor. After all, I couldn't stand Leo till Inception.

#56 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by ticklefist (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she'll do no worse than Bale does Batman.

#58 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i think she will be great! she is a great actress

#59 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she'll do a fantastic job she's a good actress and she even shares similar facial features with Selina. It's the perfect casting I say.

#60 Edited by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, anybody who disagrees should watch her in "Havoc" 

#62 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Hathaway can pull it off. I fell for the Ledger hype and was disappointed.

#63 Posted by superbatprime (130 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first heard the casting I was pretty cynical... actually I was downright annoyed, I had a good rant about it at the time.

HOWEVER!

After watching the trailer about 15 bazillion times there is one glimmer of hope...

It's the line "There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne.... when it hits, you're all going to wonder how you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."

There's an edge in her delivery that I like, there's a bite in her voice, a menacing sort of purr and I have no doubt that Nolan worked her like a dog (or er cat?) during shooting.

I have no doubt for Ms Hathaway it's a seriously challenging role but if her performance is consistent with the delivery of that one line throughout the rest of the movie, it might just turn out to be pretty damn good.

#64 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

We shall find out.

#65 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I have faith in Nolan, he chose Anne Hathaway over everyone else for a reason.

#66 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Olive Wilde

#67 Posted by tiggertoga (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Anne will make a -good- catwoman, but Halle Berry did great. She portrayed her personality perfectly. I would rather have Halle again as Catwoman, but I still think Anne won't be a let down though.

#68 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cervantes said:

Not Anne -- OLIVIA WILDE...

Not Anne -- Olivia! 

THE TOP TEN REASONS OLIVIA SHOULD BE CATWOMAN...

Olivia Wilde's Catwoman Qualifications

She wouldn't have been any good either.She should stick to doing whatever Doctor Greg House tells her to do.
#69 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Outside my thoughts, I think a lot of the low expectations for her in this role, and there are many, may actually help her to surprise the audience at large because at the least all she has to do is exceed those low expectations. And actress with high expectations for their performance to be incredible would actually have a harder time pulling off a positive review in the overall filmgoers conclusion do to having more intricate demands placed against them.

#70 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in the costume they gave her .

They should at least cut her hair .

#71 Posted by thegoddessofwar (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawk said:

I have the same doubts that I had about Heath Ledger......and look how that turned out.

lol this

#72 Posted by Manchine (4023 posts) - - Show Bio

She will be the best actor in the film.

#73 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I was skeptical, what I saw of her briefly in the trailer with Bale was great.

#74 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but more importantly, she can fill out the Catwoman costume purr-fectly.

#75 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manchine said:

She will be the worst actor in the film.

Fixed ;)

#76 Posted by Manchine (4023 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@Manchine said:

Fixed ;)

Only if we were on bizzarro world.

#77 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manchine said:

@mr.obvious said:

@Manchine said:

Fixed ;)

Only if we were on bizzarro world.

LOL, sure...

#78 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Too late fellows, she already pulled it off nicely.

She was amazing in Havoc even with being naked in that movie, she certainly knows how to act. She was outstanding as Selina Kyle here.

#79 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jakesully1981 said:

She was amazing in Havoc even with being naked in that movie, she certainly knows how to act. She was outstanding as Selina Kyle here.

Havoc was a terrible movie and her body is disgusting. She looks 13.
#80 Posted by TheGodofThunder (590 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought she had the worst performance out of the entire cast. she seemed more natural as the maid.

#81 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder said:

i thought she had the worst performance out of the entire cast. she seemed more natural as the maid.

Really? Many people thought that honor belonged to Cotilliard, especially in that awful

death scene. Here it is again in case you need a reminder

#82 Posted by jhazzroucher (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. the best part was when she was screaming. : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.