Catwoman on Earth-2

#1 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

With the upcoming Earth Two series and World's Finest we're going to get a look into Earth-2 and my question is what do you think they're going to do with Catwoman? We already know that they've killed off Lois Lane on Earth-2, but will they kill Selina? In Huntress (Helena Wayne) original origin she becomes the Huntress because her mother is murdered, will that be the same motive for the revamped Huntress? Or will Selina Kyle be Selina Kyle-Wayne, married to Bruce with a nice family as the mother of the Batman Family? What do you guys think they will do with Selina in the new 52?

#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@BOPFAN#3: So far with James Robinson's plans for Earth-2, what I think will happen has not turned out, so I will not try to guess. Thankfully, there is less than a month to go to see what Robinson's Earth-2 will look like.

#3 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Selina will definitely be Huntress' mother, as in the Huntress mini-series we see her randomly express her distaste for dogs and status as "more of a cat person," but that makes me kinda sad because I was hoping for Thomas Wayne as the Earth-2 Batman, like in Flashpoint. As for if she's dead or not, I'd find it more interesting to have her alive. We see an unmarried Batman all the time.

#4 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: Oh come on take a guess, it's the internet, we're supposed to guess even though we have little to no information and make assumptions on top of assumptions haha. I'm guessing Selina will be dead, but I'm finding it easier to back up that she'd be alive.

1. Helena is Robin on Earth-2 or at least was, if Selina was killed why would Bruce allow her to become Robin? He would push her away from the superhero life. But she could just as easily grow up as Robin and then when Selina is killed Bruce takes the Robin title away so she becomes Huntress on her own.

2. They killed off Lois, but on the original Earth-2 Selina was killed and Lois was alive correct? So maybe in the revamp Lois will be dead and Selina will be alive?

Would you like her dead or alive?

#5 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@BOPFAN#3: I miss Selina as a hero (this is one of the DCnU changes that I don't like), so I hope that she is alive on Earth-2 and is active in the JSA.

If she is alive and only mentioned in passing, then that wil be a waste of an interesting character.

#6 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Levitz plans on using flashback in Worlds' Finest, so if Selina isn't active in Earth-2, then I hope that she is featured in the flashbacks. It would be nice to see how she contributed to Helena's training as Robin.

#7 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: I would LOVE to see an unmarried Bruce and Selina raising a child. There are single parents all over the world, and there are also many parents who just choose not to get married, it would be nice if they were represented for once in comics. And in an interview Paul Levitz announced that Huntress will be the daughter of Bruce and Selina.

@jsphsmth: I don't know if I want her alive or not haha. I really like Helena's orginal origin, ya know her mother's murdered so she goes behind her fathers back and becomes the Huntress to track down her mothers killer. But I do like Catwoman as a hero, I really loved her on the Outsiders although she was only on the team for a little under a year. Oh my god! Catwoman on the JSA would be crazy, I can't imagine how Superman and Wonder Woman would react to it. Then again maybe by that point she'd just be part of the family? I want Catwoman on the JSA but I also want Huntress awesome origin. How do we get the best of both worlds?

#8 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@BOPFAN#3 said:

@fodigg: I would LOVE to see an unmarried Bruce and Selina raising a child. There are single parents all over the world, and there are also many parents who just choose not to get married, it would be nice if they were represented for once in comics. And in an interview Paul Levitz announced that Huntress will be the daughter of Bruce and Selina.

That would be interesting but I fear they would write it as still just an ongoing flirtation thing, which is what we already have. I'd be more interested in Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson having Mayday out of wedlock. That'd be a responsibility story!

#9 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Oh yeah i'd want them to be a couple just not married, their whole secret flirtation thing is getting REAL old. And i had no idea Peter and MJ weren't married with May haha i always got the feeling they were.

#10 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@BOPFAN#3 said:

@fodigg: Oh yeah i'd want them to be a couple just not married, their whole secret flirtation thing is getting REAL old. And i had no idea Peter and MJ weren't married with May haha i always got the feeling they were.

Oh they were. I'm just saying that they should do that story arc going forward. Then we get some sort of Peter/MJ relationship, Marvel still gets a single Spider-Man, and we can all have a good laugh at Mephisto who supposedly broke them up to avoid Mayday's birth.

#11 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I want them to kill off Selina. I think it's horrible to only use a character to build up another characters story but that's a major part of Helena's story in any incarnation. In the original comic she became Huntress because her mother was murdered, in the stupid Birds of Prey tv show she became Huntress because Selina was murdered. And we have the regular DCU to explore Catwoman's character. I feel like a horrible person for saying this, but would it be so horrible if DC used Catwoman's death to build up Huntress' origin story? I also think it would be interesting to see how Bruce reacts to the death. The pictures of the Earth-2 comic cover shows a very dark JSA. They all look battered and broken, they've all obviously lost something. Superman's lost Lois, Wonder Woman's lost the Amazons, and Batman's gained a daughter? That doesn't make sense, he has to have lost something.

I mean how amazing would it be to have Helena dealing with a father who never wanted her to become who she was raised to be, and then come to a world where everything worked out the way it was supposed to? Where her mother and father were together and still alive, where she could be who she wanted to be. Would she really ever want to go back? I think it could create so many interesting storylines that i've been thinking about for years, and I want to see them explored. I didn't really realize it till now, but I've been waiting for this book since I was little and I want my questions to be answered, and in less than a month I expect some answers.

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9831 posts) - - Show Bio

My ideal Earth-2 Catwoman/Batman/Huntress story would be similar to Earth-two. I want to see Bruce and Selena married with a child. In DC's mainstream universe as well as in most elseworld stories or alternate universe's Bruce is always alone, single, and miserable. It would be nice to have a legit alternate universe, such as Earth-2, where Bruce is happy AND Batman. I also want to see Selena alive and well fully functioning as Catwoman OR, like in Another Nail, functioning as Batwoman.

#13 Posted by BOPFAN#3 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I don't know if I'd want to see Batman and Catwoman married, I don't think Catwoman would ever get married, and I don't think Bruce could handle that sort of commitment. He has a hard enough time keeping a girlfriend, I don't think he could imagine having a wife. But there's no way they would stick that close to Huntress original origin, there would be no point to a reboot if they just do it over, and with Helena being Robin at some point in time we know it will be different, HOW LONG TILL MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also sorta like that Bruce and Selina don't put a title on their relationship, they could be together, but they'd never say that, the flirtation works for me.

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9831 posts) - - Show Bio

@BOPFAN#3 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I don't know if I'd want to see Batman and Catwoman married, I don't think Catwoman would ever get married, and I don't think Bruce could handle that sort of commitment. He has a hard enough time keeping a girlfriend, I don't think he could imagine having a wife. But there's no way they would stick that close to Huntress original origin, there would be no point to a reboot if they just do it over, and with Helena being Robin at some point in time we know it will be different, HOW LONG TILL MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also sorta like that Bruce and Selina don't put a title on their relationship, they could be together, but they'd never say that, the flirtation works for me.

That's the great thing about alternate universes though. Things can happen that you wouldn't expect to happen. Even though they were married pre-reboot doesn't mean they shouldn't be married in this new alternate world. For all we know, they could have done the dirty deed just like they do all the time in Catwoman and she could have gotten preggers that way. What I said before is my ideal Earth-2 for Bruce but I'll probably be happy either way with what ever happens.

#15 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@BOPFAN#3 said:

How do we get the best of both worlds?

Hope that DC further explores the multiverse and we see other versions of these characters?

#16 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

My ideal Earth-2 Catwoman/Batman/Huntress story would be similar to Earth-two. I want to see Bruce and Selena married with a child. In DC's mainstream universe as well as in most elseworld stories or alternate universe's Bruce is always alone, single, and miserable. It would be nice to have a legit alternate universe, such as Earth-2, where Bruce is happy AND Batman. I also want to see Selena alive and well fully functioning as Catwoman OR, like in Another Nail, functioning as Batwoman.

Yes Bruce needs to marry Catwoman and have a kid, they are meant for each other no matter no many women Batman scored with before.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.