Catwoman Movie To Accompany Release of Batman: Year One Animated Movie

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is any DC character that has been getting a little bit more press than usual lately it's Catwoman. Is she a villain? A hero? Is she just in it for herself? Her all new ongoing series launching this September as a part of DC Comics' all new 52 #1 issues is not the only big Catwoman news announced recently. According to the latest issue of TV Guide, Catwoman will also be getting her very own animated short accompanying the highly anticipated Batman: Year One animated direct to DVD film.

The short film is appropriately titled Catwoman and will star actress Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle who spends her 15 minutes of film fighting and running from crime boss Rough Cut following her investigation of a mysterious cargo ship. The short film which will be accompanying Batman: Year One is scripted by long time Batman writer Paul Dini is definitely sounds like something to look forward to. It will be cool to see this addition of the Cat in her very own feature directed by Year One's co-director Lauren Montgomery. Catwoman will accompany Warner Brothers' animated Batman: Year One and will be released on Blu-ray, DVD, On Demand and for digital download October 18th. Are you looking forward to the release of Warner Brother's animated Batman: Year One? What do you think of Year one and are you planning on picking up the film?

Source TV Guide

#1 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool. I can't get enough of DC's animated stuff, and Catwoman should be a good addition. 

#2 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Eliza Dushku.

Staff
#3 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

DC WB is one of the best animation studios on the planet. 

#4 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18799 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

I like Eliza Dushku.

Wonderful actress. 

I for one can't wait for this.
#5 Posted by originalhomeslice (8 posts) - - Show Bio

If they're one song this world needs, it's more Catwoman movies. They always go smoothly, no script problems, box office smash hits, all........

#6 Posted by clumsyninja (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Eliza Dushku...as long as a the show gets cancel later on I'm fine. 

#7 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: I do not like Eliza Dushku. She always seems to be overacting or underacting.
#8 Posted by danhimself (22216 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

I like Eliza Dushku.

whenever I heard that she was voicing Catwoman for the animated movie it just made sense to me....heck she'd do a good job at a live action Catwoman as well
#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice....I'll be getting this

#10 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:

If there is any DC character that has been getting a little bit more press than usual lately it's Catwoman. Is she a villain? A hero? Is she just in it for herself? Her all new ongoing series launching this September as a part of DC Comics' all new 52 #1 issues is not the only big Catwoman news announced recently. According to the latest issue of TV Guide, Catwoman will also be getting her very own animated short accompanying the highly anticipated Batman: Year One animated direct to DVD film.

The short film is appropriately titled Catwoman and will star actress Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle who spends her 15 minutes of film fighting and running from crime boss Rough Cut following her investigation of a mysterious cargo ship. The short film which will be accompanying Batman: Year One is scripted by long time Batman writer Paul Dini is definitely sounds like something to look forward to. It will be cool to see this addition of the Cat in her very own feature directed by Year One's co-director Lauren Montgomery. Catwoman will accompany Warner Brothers' animated Batman: Year One and will be released on Blu-ray, DVD, On Demand and for digital download October 18th. Are you looking forward to the release of Warner Brother's animated Batman: Year One? What do you think of Year one and are you planning on picking up the film?

Source TV Guide

I like the pick. A nice take on the goggle costume, and with the chest fully zipped up. Cool-looking and yet relatively practical.
#11 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool news!!

#12 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Exciting news!! 

I really like Eliza Dushku.  
A TV series would be sweet though... 

remember the short lived birds of prey... Sigh

#13 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll defenitely pick Year One up if it comes out in the UK. Mind you, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights was released in the UK at the same time as the US. So, here's hoping.

#14 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man
Too bad about Eliza and "Dollhouse" ending.
#15 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Catwoman's voice in B:TAS, just hope Eliza uses a smoother, cultivated speaking style, since her Faith character is a little too street. 

On a lighter note, Catwoman joins up with Barabara in... 

Batwoman, Inc.!
#16 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

just another reason to get this! and is it sad that i am actually lookin forward to seeing my boy benjamin mackenzie voice batman? EPIC!

#17 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds great, hope I can my mitts on these. Don't mind hunting the Warner Bros. animated movies down to rent and/or purchase, 9 times out of 10, always worth it! Glad Catwoman will be getting some attention.

#18 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Both these projects sound great. 
Very excited for more DC Animated features (as I always am).

#19 Posted by Aeroman (494 posts) - - Show Bio

this wants me to get the new catwoman series

#20 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Ick. She looks like a blind granny. And Paul Dini writing Catwoman is a total turn-off.

#21 Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

What happen to the Marvel Films? I would also like to see a Batman Hush animated.

#22 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, it's about time DC Animated started bringing these second features back. 

#23 Posted by waw003 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday to me! I'll get my wife to buy me both of them. 10/18

#24 Posted by aboutnici (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Catwoman (Since I was a little girl) and Eliza  Dushku and I can't wait until I see this movie!
#25 Posted by GBrutality (192 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, i just gotta ask, this isn't going to cut into the time of the movie, right? because i've actually been damn excited about the batman: year one movie. DC's animated films are usually pretty stellar except for a few, but one that i thought was a total train wreck through and through was the one with Superman and Captain Marvel, which was crazy short and then had several other short things, all of which were very uninteresting. i like the character of catwoman, but i don't want another one of those types of dvd's just to fill in on smaller characters, it not be good, and cut into the time of year one which needs all the time it can get.

#26 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!
The shorts are back! Finally!!

And why are all you guys acting surprised from this pic/Catwoman's costume? This how she's looked these past ~10 years or so since Darwyn Cooke's relaunched series.
If it's because of the Arkham City game, this is how she's supposed to look like. With the googles ON and the costume ZIPPED.

#27 Edited by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait for Batman Year One, I love the DC animated movies! 

#28 Posted by longbowhunter (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! Something that already sounded great just got better!!!
#29 Posted by Samimista (20576 posts) - - Show Bio

and here I thought Batman Year One couldn't get better and it just did.

#30 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

I like Eliza Dushku.

I LOVE ELIZA DUSHKU !!!!!! :D  And I think her voice is perfect for Selina Kyle . Can`t wait for this !
#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

She does'nt look good here.

#32 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome, and with Paul Dini writing it, I'm extra excited to check it out.

#33 Posted by ragdollpurps (15571 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a really low quality pic so I wont judge the animation just yet but I am excited for a Selina short. 

#34 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Groovy.

#35 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's awesome!
I will definitely pick this up.

#36 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Short film+Arkham City=Awesome.

#37 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't wait to see how dini wrote this short........i for one am a HUGE fan of dini......and his catwoman is fun......i have very few problems with it.....cannot wait for this movie to come out.

#38 Posted by SupahGiggles (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Eliza Dushku = win. 

#39 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@quiksilver70777 said:
I would also like to see a Batman Hush animated.
Hush is a little too long for an animated film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.