'Catwoman' May Be Featured In 'Batman: Arkham City' Downloadable Content

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people are perfectionists and find that they need to unlock every achievement and complete 100% of a video game to really feel like they've "finished." This isn't something very easy to do on one's own, which is where strategy guide's come in. With the release of 'Batman: Arkham City' around the corner, it's inevitable that there would be a 'Batman Arkham City Limited Edition Official Strategy Guide' currently on pre-order.

So, why are we talking about strategy guides? Seems kind of lame, right? Well yeah, it is, except for the fact that the pre-order form for the Batman Arkham City strategy guide revealed some rather interesting information. According to the guide's description, 'Batman: Arkham City' will feature 'Catwoman' as a playable character for some portion of the game, and the "product details" for the strategy guide on Gamestop's website clue us in to just how much of her we may be seeing.

== TEASER ==

According to this, the game will feature not one, not two, but four episodes where players can control Catwoman via downloadable content. I don't know about you, but being a Catwoman fan, that sounds pretty cool. According to a source, neither Rocksteady nor WB Games have confirmed nor denied that Catwoman will be featured as having four episodes which she will be a playable character, but considering the fact that the release of Batman: Arkham Asylum in 2009 saw the release of "several downloadable Challenge Map packs," it gives the Gamestop listing some credibility.

Are you looking forward to the release of Batman: Arkam City on October 18th, 2011? Are you hoping Catwoman will be a playable character for "four episodes" in the game?

Source: Gamestop

#1 Edited by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to get this game. However I still need to get the 1st one >.> Too many games and very little money. I have also been spending that money on comics recently. I can't get both sadly.

That picture sure is suggestive.

#2 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, man. Must a man choose!

#3 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah! Cool DLC is already being announced

#4 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they do the same for Robin at some point 
all this and the new game plus feature are going to make me play this game until the next one 
...which should be Batman: Gotham CIty.....
#5 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It's pre-ordered and waiting to be shipped to my place as we speak....or type. The only thing that could make it better is if it had a nice little bow on it

#6 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait I thought it was already confirmed that she was gonna be playable within the game, now she's dlc?

#7 Posted by animehunter (1979 posts) - - Show Bio

Big fan, I only how she's available on the PC version

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11840 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather use Jason Todd

#9 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep wondering. You remember how the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum had those exclusive Joker levels in the challenges. How pissed would you be if there was some sort of PS3 exclusive with Catwoman?

Though, I'm not for those sort of platform exclusives. They are kind of alright if you are just making them exclusive for so long, then a new months down the line you open them up to the other platforms.

I'm going to have a hard time choosing between this and Uncharted 3. Still, this is a game that I'm so looking forward to that I don't want things spoiled. I've pretty much stopped watching trailers for this game. They're spoiling too much cool stuff.

#10 Posted by Grimoire (543 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great news. Catwoman is a cool character.

#11 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Right on! Revelations about the game just get better and better. It just needs to come out now finally.

#12 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more excited as to who the supposed fourth playable character is. Either Nightwing or Talia are both fine choices.

#13 Posted by Hashbrowns (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86 said:

Wait I thought it was already confirmed that she was gonna be playable within the game, now she's dlc?

She's in the retail game as a playable character for certain sections. The news here is that some of the DLC will also feature Catwoman as well, in addition to the segments she's already featured in during the main retail game's story.

#14 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish it was oct so i could get this game and the jem complete series oct 11 lol.

#15 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3163 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually happen to like strategy guides. As for the Catwoman related news, I'm confused: I thought that Catwoman had already been confirmed as a playable character, regardless of whether or not you get some kind of "special edition" of the game. But now here I am reading this. Does anyone know whats really going on? Will Catwoman be playable in the regular version of Arkham City?

#16 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman is already confirmed playable right? And Robin?

#17 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

The DLC might be extra stuff besides in-game play, like challenge maps. Looks like some good stuff but I don't do strategy guides.

#18 Posted by Old_Comic_Lover_50 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadowdoggy: You can get Robin as a playable character in the "Challenge Mode" complete with his own moves and gadgets plus the Red Robin costume if you pre-order from Best Buy.....

#19 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

I rather use Jason Todd

Forget Jason, I want Tim Drake and with a better costume.

#21 Edited by daredevil21134 (11840 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I rather use Jason Todd

Forget Tim,he needs to stop stealing Jason's origin when he appears outside of the comics

#22 Posted by uroboros (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@CptPanda29: Catwoman is confirmed in the game already as playable in the original retail release..this is add on episodes for more content..Robin however is DLC for Special Edition Pre-Orders, for now, and not for story mode, he is for missions like the Joker in the first one.

#23 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I rather use Jason Todd

Forget Tim.He needs to stop stealing Jason's origin when he appears outside of the comics

Jason's doesn't even have a real origin, the only Robin's with go origin stories are Dick and Tim.

#24 Edited by daredevil21134 (11840 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I rather use Jason Todd

Forget Tim.He needs to stop stealing Jason's origin when he appears outside of the comics

Jason's doesn't even have a real origin, the only Robin's with go origin stories are Dick and Tim.

Jason dosen't have an origin? LOL,Ok since you don't read comics about Jason I will just stop here.

#25 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I rather use Jason Todd

Jason doesn't have an origin lol. Ok since you don't read comics about Jason I will just stop here.

I didn't say Jason doesn't have a origin, just not a very good one. Trying to steal the wheels of the the batmobile, that's just dumb.

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (11840 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@NightFang said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I rather use Jason Todd

Jason doesn't have an origin lol. Ok since you don't read comics about Jason I will just stop here.

I didn't say Jason doesn't have a origin, just not a very good one. Trying to steal the wheels of the the batmobile, that's just dumb.

Ok everyone's entitled to their opinion

#27 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

female leads in seductive poses for veiwing purposes really just say pictures of famles i mean kids could be playing that game but yey catwoman

#28 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (225 posts) - - Show Bio

That was established all the way back in g4

#29 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520: if you own an xbox, it is available in it's games on demand section for i think 30 bucks. you can buy the game of the year edition in stores and it was remade in 3d... like 3d glasses and all, and all of the DLC packs for it. i suggest you give it a shot! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

#30 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikeclark1982: I most assuredly will love it, just money money money.

#31 Posted by Clifftothemax (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@jubilee042 said:

female leads in seductive poses for veiwing purposes really just say pictures of famles i mean kids could be playing that game but yey catwoman

If kids are playing these games, then that's entirely the fault of the parents or whomever bought the game for ignoring the age rating, because, if you couldn't guess; THESE GAMES AREN'T FOR KIDS.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.