Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3421 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

Catwoman in the upcoming reboot.

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blindside002

As most people know already, DC is going to be rebooting the series really soon here and its going to be changing quite a bit about the world characters within it. I wanted to know what other people thought about how this change was going to effect Catwoman, is her relationship with batman going to continue, will it progress/regress, and where do you think she will be standing with the line of good and evil?  

For those who aren't quite familiar with this info yet here is a link. 

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2011-05-31-dc-comics-reinvents_n.htm

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSheepHerder

I think she will remain an anti-heroine. I'm excited to see what's in store for her with this reboot.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mpgeist

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they'll still write her terribly.  In fact I'll even guess she won't even make an appearance for at least a year.

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

I bet they'll turn her back into a villain with less and less redeeming qualities. They'll keep the much hated prostitute origin because they seem to be promoting that in all media now, like this latest Arkham City crapfest.

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blindside002
    @TheSheepHerder: I am excited but at the same time very hesitant because of what they could end up doing. Then again they could decide to change the formula like they have been talking about and attempt to make her a permanent member of the Bat-Family. lol
    CatBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By CatBoy

What is with all these negative nancys. I know DC doesn't have the best track record with Selina in the past SIX years, with the baby, heart being ripped out of her, and Zatanna mind-swipe... I personally am one of the Selina fans that don't mind the Miller/Newell origin, and I can't wait for Year One to come out. And Arkham City as well (I don't think they are promoting her as a reformed prostitute though). As far as the DCnU, they stated that it's not a full on reboot, I guess we will see. I doubt they will abandon Selina, for the fact that she is going to be EVERYWHERE in the media, with the video games, television shows, and movies. It would just be bad marketing on DC's part. I'm hoping for a new solo comic book series and that they will be true to her character (no more bad-birl groups!!). Just personal honest opinion. I'm a fan who is starting to be excited what DC has planned for Selina.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

I think they will keep her on the fence but have her hanging over the villain side more while still being in love with Bruce or she will stay exactly the same. She might know not that Bruce and Batman are one in the same any more though
    Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blindside002
    @CatBoy: The baby thing was kind of stupid, but I personally really enjoyed heart of hush and wouldn't mind seeing more relationship developing stories like it.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @mpgeist said:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they'll still write her terribly.  In fact I'll even guess she won't even make an appearance for at least a year.
    With TDKR and Arkham City on the horizon? NAH.
    battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By battyfan1

i only want this reboot to change her  origin once and for all........god i hate miller.... 

i think with all the press she is getting its likely that she will have a solo or an important appearance in the comics......she is too popular to just drop and forget....

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By battyfan1
    @chipsnopotatoes:  that is such a cute picture......i am looking forward to this....
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    @battyfan1: Batty! Just posted Catwoman #1 cover. WOO!
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By ragdollpurps
    @chipsnopotatoes said:
    Has anyone seen this?

http://images.instagram.com/media/2011/05/28/3f6663ce3ceb4b959396233b72051988_7.jpg

Apparently Cameron Stewart is working on some batcat panels for a book yet to be announced. I'm really hoping we get a bat cat book written like Inc#1

Source here 

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/2011/05/what-is-cameron-stewart-working-on.html

Cameron Stewart on Catwoman again? Awesome.
    Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blindside002
    @chipsnopotatoes said:
    Has anyone seen this?

http://images.instagram.com/media/2011/05/28/3f6663ce3ceb4b959396233b72051988_7.jpg

Apparently Cameron Stewart is working on some batcat panels for a book yet to be announced. I'm really hoping we get a bat cat book written like Inc#1

Source here 

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/2011/05/what-is-cameron-stewart-working-on.html

Yeah that picture pretty much gave me the biggest smile ever. I hope that is indicative of what will be happening for her after the reboot, cause I could totally get behind this comic. I can already tell it will probably be on my pull list.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.