Catfight! Kate Beckinsale And Sienna Miller Want To Be Catwoman

• 62 results
Posted by G-Man (29387 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday we saw Jennifer Love Hewitt proclaim her desire to play Wonder Woman.  She's not the only one with the desire to wear tights.  

Today's heroine of choice is Catwoman Kate Beckinsale, no stranger to black tight fitting outfits, said she would "happily play Catwoman" if she was featured in an upcoming Batman movie.  In the past she was often considered a candidate to play Wonder Woman but she expressed she didn't really want to do that role.  Why the change in attitude over this character?

I don’t know if my husband would ever talk to me again if I refused to do it.  So I would definitely have to give it some very heavy consideration I think.

Beckinsale isn't the only one with the desire to play Catwoman.  Sienna Miller will be wearing a black tight fitting outfit in this Friday's G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra.  Besides saying she would like to play Wonder Woman as well, she recently io9:

I wouldn't mind Catwoman. I would quite love to be Catwoman in a Chris Nolan adaptation, that would be an amazing role.  

Now keep in mind, there's been no official mention of Catwoman appearing in the next Batman movie (or any mention of the next movie) but stories like these get you wondering.  It's great that Hollywood actors have a desire to play comic book characters.  It adds to the comic book credibility.  The bigger the names that want to play these roles, the bigger the budgets can be for the movies (provided they have a decent script, director, etc).  Out of these two, who do you think would be a better Catwoman?  Or do you have someone else in mind?
Staff
#1 Posted by Alphaproto (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.... 
I would like to see Beckinsale in this role but I think they both might do a good job but Kate just seems right some how.  
BTW Gary Oldman said that Chris Nolan is working on the script now. It was on SCifiwire a couple weeks ago.
#2 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

Go team beckinsale !

#3 Posted by Atomic_Man (42 posts) - - Show Bio

BECKINSALE!!!!!

#4 Posted by jdeluca2 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I elect... Beckinsale!

#5 Posted by RalfvdH (648 posts) - - Show Bio

yep....Beckinsale

#6 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate please!

#7 Posted by johnny_spam (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Miller but I think Stana Katic (Castle) would be a good Catwoman.
#8 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate Beckinsale please!
#9 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

NIETHER  

get someone else
#10 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

They're most likely going off the quote that s un confirmed saying that CN said he would think about doing a third film but would need someone like Cats to ground it.

#11 Posted by Dipic (128 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Kate. She's such an incredibly sexy woman and not all that bad of an actor... still, I don't know if I could see her playing Catwoman. Maybe.

#12 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...tough one...

#13 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate would make a perfect Catwoman. She looks the part and has the acting chops. 
Beckinsale all the way.
#14 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Kate
#15 Posted by Kilbud (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Go KATE!
#16 Posted by NickM (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate Beckinsale and black leather go well together.

#17 Posted by The Psyentist (16350 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the two...I'd go with Kate.

#18 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1164 posts) - - Show Bio

i would not mind seeing either Kate or Sienna there both beutifull sexy hot. so either of them could play Selina Kyle.
#19 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

kate, god please let this happen
#20 Posted by vaage-aina (63 posts) - - Show Bio

nice1 i love how almost everyone chooses kate....she is hot, and i love her  but i too would like someone else as well. and definitely not hally berry this time. but if it had to come between these two gals i'd go for kate as well no doubt.

#21 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Beckinsale for Catwoman

#22 Posted by TehLantern (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate FTW!

#23 Posted by Malakai (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t know if my husband would ever talk to me again if I refused to do it.  So I would definitely have to give it some very heavy consideration I think.

No one would ever forgive her or talk to her again from this site if she turned it down.

COME ON TEAM KATE!!! WE MUST NOT ALLOW SIENNA TO BE CATWOMAN!!

#24 Posted by GreenGriffin (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate
#25 Posted by Skies327 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, if I saw Kate as Catwoman I'd be waiting for the moment where her eyes turn baby blue and she pulls a gun out on Batman. That may just be me though. 

So in this case, I'd go with Sienna Miller. I'm curious how good she'll be in G.I. Joe, considering if they are looking at either of these for Catwoman, that could make or break her chances for the role most likely.

#26 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

I still only know for Sienna for Being the ex of Jude Law, i had no idea she acts

#27 Posted by sfizzle (66 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd say beckinsale but i just do not want to see catwomen in a movie. i'm still shaking from the haie barry one

#28 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

different character

#29 Posted by Secret Identity (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I definatly think Kate would be alot better in the role. that said it would very much depend on how nolan wanted to change the character.

#30 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Between these two, Kate.  However if the role of Catwoman did surface why not cast an unknown or someone else?  As you stated, G-Man, neither one of them has even been approached regarding the role its just wishful thinking on their part.  Wishful for the $ cha-ching. 
#31 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm I like the underworld girl but in her black tights all I can see is Selene 

I would like this version of Catwoman

Get some boobies for the kitty Nolan! Get some boobies! 

#32 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I always wanted Sherilyn Fenn    to be Catwoman , but sadly I would never see that day happened. It's funny I recently found out back in the early 90's she was a fan favorite to play her.  

But if I had to choose between these 2 I would want Kate, but I also think Meg Fox would look good as Catwoman too.
#33 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey! Whatever happened to halle berry lol?  
I could see Kate playing this role...
#34 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

What's up with all these actors/actresses wanting to play characters in films that aren't even being put in motion by the film companies? Let the movie actually be in some kind of stage in its production and then mention you want the role. It's getting kind of annoying now. 

It's different when you have an actor say he or she's been in actual talks with the companies for the role. But to just pop out a comic character and say you want to play them is starting to become a phenomenon in itself.

#35 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, I actually names Kate Beckinsale as a choice to play Wonder Woman. That is confusing how she would like to play Catwoman, but not Wonder Woman. Though I do really think she could be a great Selina. Though anything would be better then that horrid Hallie Berry incarnation, making Catwoman look like some sort of cheesy SciFi character.

#36 Posted by Mars_19 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

it sounds like they're only interested because of the success of the dark knight.  "happily play Catwoman" if she was featured in an upcoming Batman movie. translation: I would happily play catwoman, if I were to make a lot of money in the process.

#37 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW a beckinsale landslide. 
#38 Edited by NightFang (9634 posts) - - Show Bio
@LoganRogue24 said:

"i would not mind seeing either Kate or Sienna there both beutifull sexy hot. so either of them could play Selina Kyle. "

And if that doesn't work then Angelina Jolie or Halle Berry could do it.
#39 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

I say..undecided...for now
#40 Posted by DMC (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

A few weeks ago I saw Batman Returns on TV and Michelle Preiffer steals the spotlight, she did a fantastic job.  
 I'm more familiar with Kate Beckinsale and she's a good actress. Ms Miller is an unknown to me, haven't seen any of her movies though I might see G.I Joe this weekend.  

If there is a Catwoman in the next film, I don't think the actress, whoever she is, can surpass Michelle's performance. But that depends on if Catwoman is one of the central characters in the movie.

#41 Edited by Perspective91 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are good choices, but I'd have to with Beckinsale, Kate. The only thing is I never really thought that Kate would be the Catwoman because when I think of Catwoman I think of Deviace sexed cravished like women. And that women/actress I think about is Angelina Jolie. I'm Sorry! I know how over rated she is sometimes, but she's just got that appeal to me....?/                

But I do think that Kate is the BEST choice for playing Catwoman in a Christopher Nolan film she's got that mysteriousness that I like. And she's a wonderful actress I think she would do an Amazing!!!! Job..     Just saying that I think that Angelina Jolie would make a good Catwoman makes hesitate Alot when you add somebody like Kate Beckinsale into the equation that could and maybe do a better job than Angelina... 

As I'm writing all my thoughts down I can definately see Kate playing this role and it would be just AWEMAZING!!!!!!!!!! 

(Anyone agree????)  cough cough and she's sexy..
#42 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Breaker envoy of Setron said:
" Umm I like the underworld girl but in her black tights all I can see is Selene 

I would like this version of Catwoman

Get some boobies for the kitty Nolan! Get some boobies! 

"
#43 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a landslide lol

#44 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Malakai said:
" I don’t know if my husband would ever talk to me again if I refused to do it.  So I would definitely have to give it some very heavy consideration I think.

No one would ever forgive her or talk to her again from this site if she turned it down.

COME ON TEAM KATE!!! WE MUST NOT ALLOW SIENNA TO BE CATWOMAN!!

"

@TheMess1428 said:
"Kate Beckinsale please! "

@Babs said:
"Kate please! "

@ulrich200 said:
"Beckinsale for Catwoman "

@lazystudent said:
"Go team beckinsale ! "

Yeah, definately Kate ;-)
#45 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be awesome if kate actually did end up with the role.
#46 Posted by King Saturn (222790 posts) - - Show Bio
Kate as Catwoman ? That could be Cool...
#47 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

...I can't decide.

#48 Posted by Tmul501 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

The good thing is, either way, we all win. Ahh, doesn't it feel good :)

#49 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate  Beckinsale  and Seina Miller want to be Catwoman. 
Beyonce, Megan Gale, and JLH want to be Wonder Woman.  
Channing Tatum wants to be Thor and Captain America! 

.....  I wanna be Mother F****** Teresa!  

I have a thought, How about all these "actors" and "actresses" who keep begging for a comic book role shut up and wait for the movie to go into pre-production first!  

........ But if it has to be anyone.... Kate Beckinsale.... She's the only option that can actually act, but I don't much care for her reasons for wanting it.

#50 Posted by MJ Styles (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely on Team Kate.  I think she'd be perfect for the role.  The has the look down, not to mention she actually has acting ability,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.