Anyone else hated Frank Miller's version of Selina Kyle/Catwoman?

#1 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean the costume was great but Selina was ugly as hell as she looks too much like a guy plus she was shaved bald, i mean i loved the graphic novel Year One since i was 14 when i bought it but i hated Miller's manly looking bald hooker as Catwoman is one of my boyhood comic character crushes but i dislike Miller's version.

#2 Posted by nia_koes (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It didn't bother me that she was bald, but that there wasn't any explanation for that, I mean, did anybody made her go bald? did she had cancer? lice? And yes, she didn't look good :P

#3 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Raises hand.

#4 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she was just trying out the Sinead O'Conner look, LOL

#5 Posted by HexThis (927 posts) - - Show Bio

I just didn't like that he had made her a prostitute who almost idly decides to be Catwoman. I think her strength in the Batman mythology lies more in how her life is the working class, somehow even more twisted mirror to Bruce's - it's not her sexuality that is the main draw or appeal to Bruce but rather the fact that she understands him and disarmingly so.

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated just about everything in BYO.

#7 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@jckrock85 oh come on, Batman Year One is an awesome story and a great reboot

#8 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

I hated just about everything in BYO.

Ditto. I could never get into it. So bleak.

#9 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@chipsnopotatoes no way, Batman Year One is such a masterpiece and it has the feel of a David Fincher film like Se7en which is good

#10 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i hated nearly everything that frank miller does. i think he is a really overrated writer

#11 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Year One - interesting for sure; but not one of my favorites. But I did not like Catwoman at all (origin, design, anything).

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his take on the character. The fact that she was a prostitute works for her, imo. The original costume, though, was pretty awful. Her look in Arkham City is more up my alley.

#13 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jakesully1981 said:

@jckrock85 oh come on, Batman Year One is an awesome story and a great reboot

It just wasn't my cup of tea.

#14 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

I f*****g hated it. Nothing more than one of his sick fantasies with hookers that even he came to regret it later.

Just about everything he did after The Dark Knight Strikes Again sucked harder than a cleaning vacuum.

#15 Posted by BatWatch (3087 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. It is honestly a more believable version of the character than the current one.

#16 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: High Five. And rumor has it, Warner Brothers is considering him to do their Justice League movie. That should be a hoot.

#17 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly despite mostly everyone raving about how great his Year One and DKR was...I really don't like anything done by him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.