Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3421 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

Anne Hathaway's performance in TDKR....

• 152 results
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123: O_o

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#52  Edited By Joygirl

@chipsnopotatoes: Just what I got from her performance I guess.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Mercy_:

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Gambit1024

Hands down the best live-action Catwoman performance ever. Her first scene was more than enough for me. Everything after that was a bonus.

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@Rumble Man: I don't remember much about Scarecrow. I liked his cameo here though. He was kind of funny.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By ragdollpurps

When I first heard about her being cast I was upset because I hadn't seen her act in any role that convinced me she could pull off being slinky and coy, though I thought she looked the part well enough. After seeing the trailers I was still on the fence, holding judgement until I watched the film. I gotta say, I've been stoked since I've seen it. Anne was perfect and I'm glad to have a more accurate representation of her in the media to wash away that nonsense that was Halle Berry's Cat-Lady Thing.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By jrock85

BEST CATWOMAN EVER

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#58  Edited By JairamGanpat

I thought she was awesome and I really liked her interactions with Bruce Wayne more so than with Batman.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Billy Batson

She was purrfect.
    ...I'm the only one who said that.

No Caption Provided

BB

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Backflip

Perfect. Nolan did it again.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Onemoreposter

@AweSam said:

Best performance in the film.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mekboy

She was ok.

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By battyfan1

i was a nay sayer to anne....I wanted Eva green to play the role,,, but i cannot imagine anyone else in that role after her.......absolutely delightful

she had great chemistry with bruce and batman....more than tate/talia (i still don't understand why nolan wasted time on that)

the ending was fantastic......amazing and i was thrilled with it....

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Blood1991

She suprised the hell out of me! Hathaway did her more justice than I thought possible.

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@battyfan1: Hey Batty! Was just saying the same thing on the other thread. Eva was #1and Marion #2 for me, but I didn't dislike Anne. Started getting impressed when I read about how much effort and research she was putting into her performance. And it's a plus that Catwoman's her favorite character. This is really a coup for her.

I loved everything about her scenes. Just sad that they're so short and no more chance of a sequel.

To be honest, Nolan's really poor on romantic stuff. Poor Miranda didn't really look like a credible love interest, more like a one night stand. It's like he was forced to put some scenes for fan service but was aching to go right back to the action and explosions.

Good thing he didn't make the Bruce/Selina scenes mushy. And Selina always gets the upper hand. Ha!

You know we have Jonah Nolan for Catwoman right? His bro Chris didnt want her in the movie at first. Boy, he must be glad she's in it now practically all the reviewers say she's fantastic. Even those who panned his movie praised Anne. Ha!

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By Suprman

It was a very good performance, but for me, Joseph-Gordon Levitt's performance was the best. Still loved Anne Hathaway's work on this though

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By HexThis

One particular thing I loved about her performance is in her very first interaction with Bruce. She puts on the meek voice then he reveals he's aware she broke into the safe and she completely morphs...I thought that was the perfect introduction because so many people were worried she wasn't sexy enough or tough enough and everyone was so used to seeing her in more innoffensive roles. Then she just goes completely sly and for the rest of the movie you know she IS Catwoman.

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By battyfan1

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

Yeah i heard somewhere that Chris didn't want her in the movie......BIG mistake that would have been. She was one of the best thing about this movie.

And your right, Nolan doesn't know how to do romance, Talia was ..ummmm...useless is the term that comes to mind. That one night stand was like a WTF moment for me and i think it was done poorly b/c it was right after the rachel letter reveal and alfred leaving him.....and going broke asssssss...lols

Bale had no chemistry with marian (sp?)......it was really forced thus making bruce kind of OOC when it came to "caring about her and rescuing her or whatever"........

still really happy with the movie.......

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Tyrus

I think Anne Hathaway was surprisingly good - but she wasn't as surprisingly good as I was thought with Mark Ruffalo.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Madame_Mist

She was hecka amazing.

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@battyfan1: @battyfan1 said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

Yeah i heard somewhere that Chris didn't want her in the movie......BIG mistake that would have been. She was one of the best thing about this movie.

And your right, Nolan doesn't know how to do romance, Talia was ..ummmm...useless is the term that comes to mind. That one night stand was like a WTF moment for me and i think it was done poorly b/c it was right after the rachel letter reveal and alfred leaving him.....and going broke asssssss...lols

Bale had no chemistry with marian (sp?)......it was really forced thus making bruce kind of OOC when it came to "caring about her and rescuing her or whatever"........

I know. Yeah, the misdirection on the love interest was just so laughable. I did like

Talia's reveal and the scene where she was tenderly putting back Banes tubes was a nice touch. And Bane tearing up while she was talking. It's kind of intriguing. Very beauty and the beast. You know there's an explosion of Bane/Talia fanfics now,

right?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By entropy_aegis

I honestly think she got her character more than anyone else in this entire series save maybe Oldman as Gordon,and that's saying something when you have the likes of Ledger,Bale,Freeman,Caine,Hardy etc working alongside you.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By John Valentine

Top stuff, Hathaway.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By entropy_aegis

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

I know. Yeah, the misdirection on the love interest was just so laughable. I did like Talia's reveal and the scene where she was tenderly putting back Banes tubes was a nice touch. And Bane tearing up while she was talking. It's kind of intriguing. Very beauty and the beast. You know there's an explosion of Bane/Talia fanfics now, right?

That's...disturbing

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@entropy_aegis: Yeah, I read one. It was. Needless to say I didn't finish it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By entropy_aegis

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@entropy_aegis: Yeah, I read one. It was. Needless to say I didn't finish it.

LOL,I think I'll find some of those.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Loki9876

She was very good.

I liked her more than Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman

It's kinda sad that we won't see her return for another movie.

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Jakesully1981

Who else thought she was the cutest catwoman? i mean Hathaway is the girl next door kind of lady.

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    No Caption Provided

She reminds me of Julie Newmar here and in that "Don't be shy" scene

No Caption Provided

And she looks adorably cute here. Like a little kitten.

Love Anne. Her Selina Kyle is pretty much a chameleon.

Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Thirteen13

Meh, she was alright nothing exceptional IMO.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheSheepHerder

She was really, really good.

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By battyfan1

@entropy_aegis said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

I know. Yeah, the misdirection on the love interest was just so laughable. I did like Talia's reveal and the scene where she was tenderly putting back Banes tubes was a nice touch. And Bane tearing up while she was talking. It's kind of intriguing. Very beauty and the beast. You know there's an explosion of Bane/Talia fanfics now, right?

That's...disturbing

,,,,,,,ok that is really disturbing.......lols.....

but fanfiction has always been disturbing.....

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By entropy_aegis

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

That's...disturbing

Would'nt mind Bane as a brother of sorts,but not a love interest sorry but not every relationship has to end in sex(looks at Winick).

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By battyfan1

@entropy_aegis said:

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

That's...disturbing

Would'nt mind Bane as a brother of sorts,but not a love interest sorry but not every relationship has to end in sex(looks at Winick).

AHAHAHAAHAHA.......poor winnick and his wicked ways......i still liked him on the catwoman book......but oh well

i still don't like Bane's back story in this trilogy...what a waste

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

That's...disturbing

AHAHAHAAHAHA.......poor winnick and his wicked ways......i still liked him on the catwoman book......but oh well

Yes, Winick! *shakes fists of fury at him*

What didn't you like about Bane's back story in the film? I don't know much about him in the comics except that he was from Sta Prisca. Also, was the verbose!Bane that we saw in the movie true to the comics? I mean, he could really be a politician, don't you think?

timelord786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By timelord786

I thought she was brilliant as she was sexy and hot but at the same time acted brilliantly and portrayed catwomen in the same way i have always pictured her in the comics.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#87  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

She was great! I had doubts but she did phenomenal acting. 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By entropy_aegis

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

That's...disturbing

Yes, Winick! *shakes fists of fury at him*

What didn't you like about Bane's back story in the film? I don't know much about him in the comics except that he was from Sta Prisca. Also, was the verbose!Bane that we saw in the movie true to the comics? I mean, he could really be a politician, don't you think?

He was for the most part.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#89  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Her look and attitude doesn't match how I pictured Selina Kyle, I don't think it matters how good of an actor someone is if they can't capture that. Her acting wasn't bad in the film...there just wasn't anything Selina Kyle about that depiction. 

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@Vance Astro: How did you picture Selina Kyle?

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@entropy_aegis: I actually loved a lot of his lines, especially when he was beating up Bruce. "Shadows betray you because they belong to me". Trust Nolan to be refined even in trash talk.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By entropy_aegis

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@entropy_aegis: I actually loved a lot of his lines, especially when he was beating up Bruce. "Shadows betray you because they belong to me". Trust Nolan to be refined even in trash talk.

There can be no true despair without hope,and I just read 2 of those fics and both turned out to be porn oriented...illuminating experience indeed,on par with Catwoman #1.lololol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#93  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @chipsnopotatoes said:

Iunno, for starters, someone who isn't built like a teenager....
    HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By HexThis

@Vance Astro said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

Iunno, for starters, someone who isn't built like a teenager....

Awh, well Scarlet Johansson has curves but she couldn't muster a Russian accent or anything further than her usually monotone. Also, I noticed Anne actually had quite the hip/slim waist hour glass body which surprised me! She had a sick body in that suit.

I actually thought, speaking of physicality, that she did a good job with the stunts. Notice, it's almost all Anne Hathaway herself! She flipped out of the window, did all her stuff for the roof fight, the bar fight- I even thought she sold a good punch in the airport too. The only thing she didn't do was breaking through a window at one point and some of the batpod shots.

I think people get this idea of Selina Kyle as being hyper-sexual and overt but there's just as much of her acting subtly, particularly in her solo series. Brubaker and Darwyn Cooke had her as more of a femme fatale which was really her initial role, it was only Frank Miller and Tim Burton that turned her super-kinky.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By HexThis

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@chipsnopotatoes:

hey chips.

That's...disturbing

I must admit I thought it was almost sweet Bane felt so protective over Talia and I found her re-adjusting his mask to be somehow...wholesome. You almost forget that they're mastermind terrorists with genocidal ambitions.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Mercy_

@Vance Astro: I couldn't disagree more.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#97  Edited By Billy Batson

Mod fight!
    BB

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Mercy_

Like they're rare ;p

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Loved her performance, physically and theatrically.

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

@entropy_aegis said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

There can be no true despair without hope,and I just read 2 of those fics and both turned out to be porn oriented...illuminating experience indeed,on par with Catwoman #1.lololol

Oh dear! Poor you. The one I read wasn't porn but it was about Bane and Young Talia. I was creeped out.

By the way, speaking of the despair/hope duality (which I'm surprised very few reviewers touched upon), I re watched the scene where Bruce was making the leap. It looked like he failed because the rope held him back. Kind of like a choice between a safety net and real freedom. I thought it was made short on purpose but my eyes could be deceiving me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.