Anne Hathaway: I Should Be Catwoman!

Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm finally Catwoman and some troll announces it should be the chick from "House"?! The news floored me. 

So this "Cervantes" thinks he can talk up a rival actress as Catwoman and get away with it?! I had the site talk to him, so in the interests of fairness, he is now running the truth:   

I won the role, I should be Catwoman!    

Now, I know some of my roles have made me seem a little... cutesy, but is that any excuse for doubting me in the role of a tight-bodiced sexpot? I'm sorry, but I just had to take issue with the fandalism that's been done to my image as The Catwoman by Cervantes and his twisted fascination with that Olivia hussy! (See what I did there?) Thankfully, Comicvine saw my point and is giving me equal time through Cervantes's own screenname to let 'justice roll down like waters, righteousness like a mighty stream'! 

What? I gave up Catholicism, not the Bible... 

TOP TEN REASONS I SHOULD BE CATWOMAN: 

NUMBER 10:  

If the suit fits, you must aquit! Seriously, I'm on trial here? Fine, here's a photoshopped Lara Croft cosplay -- it's not like I can actually show you my paint-on Catsuit!

NUMBER 9: 

I'm weapons tested -- I can handle myself. 

NUMBER 8: 

A voluptuous thief with sexy countermeasures to overcome? Been there, rocked that! 

NUMBER 7: 

I look good in black... 

NUMBER 6: 

...but I love the purple cat. Hope Nolan does a 180 and takes this approach...   

NUMBER 5: 

I'm in touch with my feline side; no petting...

NUMBER 4: 

I straddle the darkness and ride all night, just like the Cat -- and enough on the goggles, already! They're for riding -- when they're up, I'll make plenty of cat eyes at you... 

NUMBER 3: 

"Get Smart" had a little more action than the audience expected, because I can handle it; now I'm bustin' stuntmen and mannequins upside the face on set -- so you know I'm the real deal. 

NUMBER 2: 

If Olivia wants to be Julie Newmar, I'm going to try my best to pull off a little bit of Audrey's magic. 

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON I, ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, SHOULD BE CATWOMAN: 

So I can bring the art of Adam Hughes to life. Purely selfless -- take that, Olivia! 
#1 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

lolwut?

#2 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

you want to be catwoman?

#3 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok?

#4 Edited by Edamame (27963 posts) - - Show Bio

lol    :)

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget

Easy, Picard! It isn't up yet -- something I'm sure you have experience with... JK.
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24601 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought they said that wasn't the final version of her catwoman suit 

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne Hathaway will be a terrible Catwoman...

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: People said the same about Heath Ledger as Joker 
#10 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

This made me laugh. lol.

#11 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe
You're right, the top pic is a photoshopped cosplay of Lara Croft another viner posted on site. The batpod costume, IDK, maybe. 

I actually prefer Olivia as Catwoman, but I wrote this list to be fair to those who really dig Anne. I think she could be really good, but Olivia? Well, here's her list: 

Olivia Wilde's Catwoman Qualifications 

These two can only settle their differences one way, in my forth-coming blog: Catfight! ;)
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Vance Astro: People said the same about Heath Ledger as Joker 
He shouldn't have been in brokeback mountain.
#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cervantes: HAHA touche...

#14 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think Marion Cotillard would make a better Catwoman

#15 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool entertaining blog as usual! :>

#16 Edited by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget
Had to go after Picard -- too funny... Glad you, though, have a steel spine and a good sense of humor!

Nice avatar, I hope Supes looks as good in the up-coming movie! 

Thanks, MrUnknown, guys... I make no secret that this is a blog where I devil's advocate my real position of wanting Olivia to be the Catwoman, but I wanted to be fair to Anne's fans.
#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cervantes: Thank you and as do I. :P

#18 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. I'm convinced :)

#19 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait? What did I just read? 

#20 Posted by aboutnici (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro
Give her a chance, but I just knew that I didn't want to watch Halle Berry's Catwoman, because I knew its gonna to be bad!
#21 Posted by entropy_aegis (14227 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.