Adam Hughes & Selina Kyle Return In Catwoman #83

Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio

When Catwoman was canceled last year, readers were saddened.  In an interesting move, DC has decided to bring the title back (at least for one issue) continuing where it left off.  Catwoman #83 has been solicited with the following information:

As if the chaos and mayhem of Gotham City's blackout wasn't enough, Catwoman faces a dead villain that she was responsible for killing – the original Black Mask!

Will this attack against the body and soul of Selina Kyle prove to be too much for the feline femme fatale? And can she come to grips with killing (again) a possibly unkillable foe? Find out in another of this month's one-issue revivals of classic DC Universe titles! 

While it appears that this will be just one issue, Adam Hughes had revealed the cover art via his Deviant Art page.

What does it mean that DC is only bringing the title back for one issue?  Throw in the fact that it's a Blackest Night tie-in and things are not looking too good for Selina.  Adam Hughes put the following comment on his page:

Even though CATWOMAN was cancelled over a year ago, and issue #82 was her last, she returns to her book one last time, as part of the BLACKEST KNIGHT storyline!

Catwoman #83 will be on sale January 13, 2010.  Do you think Catwoman can survive the Blackest Night?  What do you think of Hughes' cover?
Staff
#1 Posted by NightFang (9634 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the cover & this is gonna be sweet. 

#2 Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that they're continuing with the numbering rather than just make it a one-shot.

Staff
#3 Posted by EisforExtinction (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so freakin' excited!

#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

that is amazing
#5 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

AW YES!!!

#6 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG, I loved this series when it ran and this is such a good new, also the best decision DC has made since starting Gotham City Sirens and making Batwoman the lead character in Detective Comic. And the art OMG. 

#7 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam Hughes + Catwoman = Awesome.
#8 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yayyyyyy!!!!!

#9 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems weird if they are only reviving Catwoman for a single issue. It's nice to give her a Darkest Night arc, but making it a single issue makes it feel less like a story and more like a gimmick. Feels more like this could be covered in Gotham City Sirens. It's a great cover image none the less.

That's another thing I like about devArt. There are a lot of profession comic book artists on there. You can at times see samples of comics at certain stages long before they are released. Such as the artist who has been doing a lot of cover art recently for X-Factor, David Yardin.

There are also artists like Fred Perry, Joe Wight, Adam Warren, J. Scott Campbell. Tim Townsend, and Alex Garner to name a few.

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

After they way he sounded so down & hurt about how DC had been with him, I'm just pleased he's still working with his favourite girl :)

#11 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh DC. 

Whos writing?

#12 Posted by EisforExtinction (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" After they way he sounded so down & hurt about how DC had been with him, I'm just pleased he's still working with his favourite girl :) "
I felt like he was kind of over reacting. I mean he wasn't working on anything for them so why would they have him at the DC Booth. 

Clearly he still cashes their cheques.
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction: Maybe, but cold-hearted business can still hurt a person.  But like I said, I'm just happy for him, because he loves the character so much :)
#14 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks nice on that cover.
#15 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah beautiful as always.
#16 Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and let's just be clear that Hughes in only doing the cover.  DC lists Julian Lopez and Bit as doing the interior art.

Staff
#17 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I Might Actually pick this up.
#18 Posted by your_navigator (55 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks like Holly Golightly in that cover!  Ya know, if Holly Golightly were holding a bloody skull. 

Can't wait for this!

#19 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait XD

#20 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh,i read about this.For Blackest Night they are going to "Resurrect" cancelled series for one last issue.

#21 Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSavageAssasin said:
" Oh,i read about this.For Blackest Night they are going to "Resurrect" cancelled series for one last issue. "
I wonder if they're doing this just to kill off those characters....
Staff
#22 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @TheSavageAssasin said:
" Oh,i read about this.For Blackest Night they are going to "Resurrect" cancelled series for one last issue. "
I wonder if they're doing this just to kill off those characters.... "
Hmmmm....Maybe...
#23 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cover, but I wonder how the story will play out...

#24 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow. Gorgeous! My favorite!

#25 Posted by MissAcid (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt said:
" Seems weird if they are only reviving Catwoman for a single issue. It's nice to give her a Darkest Night arc, but making it a single issue makes it feel less like a story and more like a gimmick. Feels more like this could be covered in Gotham City Sirens. It's a great cover image none the less.

That's another thing I like about devArt. There are a lot of profession comic book artists on there. You can at times see samples of comics at certain stages long before they are released. Such as the artist who has been doing a lot of cover art recently for X-Factor, David Yardin.  There are also artists like Fred Perry, Joe Wight, Adam Warren, J. Scott Campbell. Tim Townsend, and Alex Garner to name a few. "
Here is a link to Adam Hughes' DevArt. I'm in love with his style. Catwoman is placed in such good hands with his amazing creative flare.  http://adamhughes.deviantart.com/
#26 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio
@MissAcid: 
Thanks, but I already know about his devArt page. I have one of my own. http://foxxfireart.deviantart.com/

The cover is in good hands. G-Man already explained that he's not doing the inside.
#27 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting he says 'blackest knight' which is a batman event going on simultaneously which it is said has elements of Blackest Night. I wonder if Catwoman ties to that too

#28 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome cover!
#29 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman was cancelled??? I've been collecting in trades, that's incredibly disappointing.

#30 Posted by captainrage (249 posts) - - Show Bio

One word... Eep!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.