Adam Hughes 'Catwoman' Original Art

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman loves puppies too?

All the work that artist Adam Hughes did for the ' Catwoman' series led to his being one of my absolute favorite artists, and I think a lot of people can agree with me. Not surprisingly, his art on Catwoman which spanned approximately four years is also what led to a lot of his success and recognition within the comic community.

While he is an incredible artist, Hughes is also a really great guy who I had the privilege of interviewing in San Diego at the last Comic Con. So, it is no surprise that he would donate to charity given the opportunity. When I first saw this, I fell in love. I tell you, if I had a thousand bucks to spare I would definitely get this! Check out the original art piece that Hughes completed to benefit the Old English Sheepdog Rescue Network of the South East! All proceeds will go to help rescue and re-home Old English Sheepdogs in the southern states. If you would like to win the piece, you can enter to win on Ebay here.

Oh, and if you love Catwoman (like I do) then you probably chuckled at baby comment, too.
#1 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, love the baby line.
#2 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say Adam and Jim Balent are my 2 favorite artists for Catwoman. I just love the way Adam draws Catwoman it just always represents SEXINESS. 

And I love that story he told about how originally DC didn't want Catwoman for the Real Power of DC poster, and how when they finally did want her in it and how Adam drew her in it , but wearing black instead of white like the others. Having her white cat represent the white theme. Ha Ha I loved it  :-)

#3 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

That is pretty priceless. It's the reverse of everything she's about.

Not sure if you visit Hughes devArt page http://adamhughes.deviantart.com/. Just in case, he has posted the black and white version of his Catwoman Blackest Night cover and a closeup image of the detail in her face.

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruce Vain:  My sentiments exactly!!!!!!  Hughes and Balent are the "cat's meow" when it comes to drawing Catwoman--pun intended.  *groan*   

Maybe Babs should pose for a Catwoman sketch for Adam Hughes one day.    This is great!!
#5 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: 
 You know it buddy ! :D

Well thanks to Comicvine maybe that dream will come true for her :-)
#6 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

"This is dumber than the baby."

Thaaaaat's rich.

#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me, or does Selena look a lot like Babs in that picture??

#8 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 
I think I see what you are talking about. I can see that. Huh, that's interesting.
#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt:  Good, it's not just me!  I can definitely see a resemblance in her eyes & li'l nose...!
#10 Posted by Blue_Shield (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah! Funny & beautiful stuff.
#11 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay...umm needs to get some use to
#12 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 
I didn't really see it until you said something. I think seeing Catwoman in all white was a bit jarring at first. Similar to being snow blind. Like you said, I can see it in the eyes and nose. It appears slightly different then the look he used in the Blackest Night cover he created. Also the way the bangs hang.

Though, I probably shouldn't of said all that in detail. I think I may be coming off poorly. --__--
#13 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

If only this was a real cover to a real book.

#14 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

awww doggies
#15 Posted by The Psyentist (16691 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome.

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

" awww doggies "
XD DOGGIES!!!! <3
#16 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nice.

#17 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's something different.

#18 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I chuckled at the baby comment too. Sweet artwork.

#19 Posted by ~Mystery~ (303 posts) - - Show Bio

kewl

#20 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Is it me, or does Selena look a lot like Babs in that picture?? "
You know, she DOES!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.