Catman may have been even more badass before Simone.

#1 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

Many won't know,but back in the day Doug Moench wrote a story in legends of the Dark Knight called "Heat",here Moench gave him a Black Pantheresque suit and Wolverineesque claws.He was shown to be a deadly fighter.

http://www.comicvine.com/batman-legends-of-the-dark-knight-/37-37393/

The arc lasted from #46-#49,i honestly think this was better than the pretty boy Gail has given us,i can buy whatever he did in this arc,it makes a lot more sense than those retarded fights against Bronze Tiger and Batman written by Simone.Ladies won't like it by the way.Not only was he unattractive but he also had a grudge against the opposite sex.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't he appear (altered version) in Batman TAS that same year?

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34915 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when has Catman bean a pretty boy?

#4 Posted by IrishX (2465 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you sure it's the same character? He doesn't appear to be credited. There is a character credited called Cat Killer though.

#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX said:

Are you sure it's the same character? He doesn't appear to be credited. There is a character credited called Cat Killer though.

Yes it's the same guy,his name was Thomas Blake confirmed.

#6 Edited by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

didn't he appear (altered version) in Batman TAS that same year?

Yes,but not in that year.He appeared in the New Batman Adventures.

@spiderbat87 said:

Since when has Catman bean a pretty boy?

Simone had Barbara Gordon refer to him as Brad Pitt's younger hotter brother.

#7 Posted by IrishX (2465 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis
Looks like the Cat Killer page should be deleted and Catman given credit then.
#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX said:

@entropy_aegis: Looks like the Cat Killer page should be deleted and Catman given credit then.

But it's non canon(due to it not being acknowledged and contradicted later ),so it'll prolly have to be added as an Elseworlds or something.

#9 Posted by junkmasterzero (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Catman has always been badass, I've posted it before so I'll post it again. Catman beating Bats in SIX SECONDS.

1981 Detective Comics 1.509

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not credited though :p
BB

#11 Posted by IrishX (2465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson
Cool story. 

IX
#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@junkmasterzero said:

@entropy_aegis: Catman has always been badass, I've posted it before so I'll post it again. Catman beating Bats in SIX SECONDS.

1981 Detective Comics 1.509

That's dumb.

#13 Posted by junkmasterzero (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Why is that dumb? Until the Green Arrow run he was constantly portrayed as a capable fighter with quite a malevolent side.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@junkmasterzero said:

@entropy_aegis: Why is that dumb? Until the Green Arrow run he was constantly portrayed as a capable fighter with quite a malevolent side.

So he can beat Batman with one kick in under 6 seconds? when other much more capable fighters failed to accomplish the same.

#15 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Probably because they went about it wrong. Didnt Bronze Tiger one shot Batman before?

#16 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

@entropy_aegis: Probably because they went about it wrong. Didnt Bronze Tiger one shot Batman before?

Cheapshot,and Bruce was'nt even out.They had a proper fight later and neither won.

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX:

:D

BB

#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@junkmasterzero:

You also never did mention that Batman slipped on the bottle which we can see quite clearly in that scan.

#19 Posted by Hit_Monkey (992 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@junkmasterzero:

You also never did mention that Batman slipped on the bottle which we can see quite clearly in that scan.

@entropy_aegis: Your not much of a fighter if you fall over stuff mid-battle me thinks...

#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hit_Monkey said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@junkmasterzero:

@entropy_aegis: Your not much of a fighter if you fall over stuff mid-battle me thinks...

Only happened once and about 40 years ago,not to mention Catman has always had a PIS aura,he wen't from giving Batman good bouts to getting stomped by Catwoman.

#21 Posted by Hit_Monkey (992 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis:

Then he went back to having formidable confrontations a wide range of characters Batman included, what's your point?

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@IrishX said:

so the wiki page can marked as a dupe?
BB

#23 Edited by k4tzm4n (34892 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: He beat Batman in under six seconds because Batman slipped/tripped on the item under his feet.

But regardless, he actually gave Wayne some good fights.

Staff Online
#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the new version Catman.The Gail Simone one.

#25 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@IrishX said:

so the wiki page can marked as a dupe?
BB

Yeah.

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis:

Good. Told a mod to mark it as a dupe.
BB

#27 Posted by redhood21 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hit_Monkey said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@junkmasterzero:

Only happened once and about 40 years ago,not to mention Catman has always had a PIS aura,he wen't from giving Batman good bouts to getting stomped by Catwoman.

AHEM. Catman was beating the crap out of Batman in Secret Six and they fight to a stalemate. Although Catman does proclaim Batman the winner. A gentlemen and a scholar.

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (34892 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hit_Monkey said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@junkmasterzero:

AHEM. Catman was beating the crap out of Batman in Secret Six and they fight to a stalemate. Although Catman does proclaim Batman the winner. A gentlemen and a scholar.

LOLWUT? Catman "Beating the crap" out of Batman when it's clear Batman was holding back and implied he could end it?

AHEM!

Staff Online
#29 Posted by redhood21 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

LOLWUT? Catman "Beating the crap" out of Batman when it's clear Batman was holding back and implied he could end it?

AHEM!

Oh look at me i bring logic and facts to an argument!!! that may be true but i didnt think anyone would point that out :(

#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (34892 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21: LOL. Should have used the lion vs tuna clip!!!

Staff Online
#31 Posted by redhood21 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

is it ok to love you?

#32 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hit_Monkey said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@junkmasterzero:

Yeah except I don't think too highly of Gail Simone's ability to write fights or handle power levels.I guess you think Catman>Captain Nazi and Weather Wizard?

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (34892 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21 said:

is it ok to love you?

My arms are wide open, sir.

Staff Online
#34 Posted by redhood21 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n Ive finally found a home. I dont have to live with jake lloyd anymore!

#35 Posted by Hit_Monkey (992 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@redhood21 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hit_Monkey said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@junkmasterzero:

AHEM!

@k4tzm4n:

Well Batman would imply that wouldn't he? ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.