fantasyfreak's Cataclysm: The Ultimates #3 - Part Three review

• fantasyfreak wrote this review on .
  • fantasyfreak has written a total of 56 reviews. The last one was for

Very dissapointing

Danny Ketch sacrifices himself to save all the people infected with the Gah Lak Tus swarm, but at the end of the issue we see Agent Coulson explaining to Danny that they have turned him into Machine Man. Nick Fury and the rest of the Commandos allegedly(we never see it actually happen, so its up for debate) goes to New York to help the Ultimates against Galactus.

That is as you can see the shortest plot summary I´ve so far done in a review. That is mainly because I am pretty disappointed by this mini and how it ended. I mean, I like what happened to Danny Ketch, because it has potential for future stories, but other than that, this issue just felt very generic.

They fight Gah Lak Tus and M.O.D.O.K some more, they save the day with something Falcon comes up with at the last minute, then they´re done. It just felt rushed. And it didn´t feel like it had enough of an impact on the main Cataclysm story. It´s not a terrible issue, but it´s far from perfect too.