who could play her?

#1 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is in the works and i have heard rumours that Megan Fox (ew) is possibly going to play her.

Arrow and I were talking about it yesterday and we both agreed that an unknown goth type chick needs to do it. Though i have some ideas of others who could do it

We need someone who can pull off the nice girl to start with then the hardcore girl she becomes

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle Trachtenberg
but i'd like to see Kerli Koiv try the role, she's a singer but i think she might have what it takes to act and when i think of the character she comes to mind for some reason

#3 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle from Buffy?? o.O i dont see that at all.. reasons?

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

CARLA GUGINO

#5 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought she could probably handle the fear part of acting better than most other's, i hate seeing someone look like they're faking shock and terror, i realize acting is all faking but she does a pretty good job making it almost legit

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Michelle Trachtenberg
but i'd like to see Kerli Koiv try the role, she's a singer but i think she might have what it takes to act and when i think of the character she comes to mind for some reason"
MT can't act at all.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Michelle Trachtenberg
but i'd like to see Kerli Koiv try the role, she's a singer but i think she might have what it takes to act and when i think of the character she comes to mind for some reason"
MT can't act at all."
Agreed...and she would really ruin this part trying to act bad ass.
#8 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"i thought she could probably handle the fear part of acting better than most other's, i hate seeing someone look like they're faking shock and terror, i realize acting is all faking but she does a pretty good job making it almost legit"
fair enough ^^

i honestly think an unknown is the best way to go
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw her in Black Christmas, and i don't think she even convinced herself she was scared in that movie.

#10 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

My primary choice is Kerli, and i wasn't betting on a movie made by Rogue Pictures relying to heavily on acting i was thinking it would probably end up as more of a scream queen sad attempt of a film hence MT but my choice for a good making of the film is kerli so i have no objections to what you've said but given her ability to act in the type of role i'm anticipating the character will be made into mt is one of my choices

#11 Edited by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Gina Holden would be cool for her I think.  She's a smaller time actress, but I think she could pull it off.

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"

My primary choice is Kerli, and i wasn't betting on a movie made by Rogue Pictures relying to heavily on acting i was thinking it would probably end up as more of a scream queen sad attempt of a film hence MT but my choice for a good making of the film is kerli so i have no objections to what you've said but given her ability to act in the type of role i'm anticipating the character will be made into mt is one of my choices

"
the singer??? why do you think she would be a good choice?
#13 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
Crimson Orchid said:
"Gina Holden would be cool for her I think.  She's a smaller time actress, but I think she could pull it off.

"
dont know her what is she from?
#14 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"

"
the singer??? why do you think she would be a good choice?"
i honestly have no clue she just comes to mind when i think of the character it's like trying to picture jack sparrow being played by someone other than johnny depp when i think of Cassie being portrayed properly, kerli comes into mind and trying to substitute her is like willingly going for second place, i'm probably like the only person who see's this but i think it would work
#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

but, what are you basing her acting ability on?

#16 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized said:

"but, what are you basing her acting ability on?"

A hunch, and i do realize thats a pretty dumb thing to do

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

ok

#18 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Crimson Orchid said:
"Gina Holden would be cool for her I think.  She's a smaller time actress, but I think she could pull it off.

"
dont know her what is she from?"
She's been on Blood Ties (Coreen), Alien vs. Predator Requiem (Carrie Adams), Butterfly Effect 2 (Amanda), Final Destination 3 (Carrie Dreyer), Flash Gordon (Dale Arden), and she's been known to make an appearance in any show that's filmed in the Vancouver area in small roles (Supernatural, Psych, Smallville, etc...).

She's not a bad actress at all.
#19 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
Crimson Orchid said:
".Mistress Redhead. said:
"Crimson Orchid said:

"
She's been on Blood Ties (Coreen), Alien vs. Predator Requiem (Carrie Adams), Butterfly Effect 2 (Amanda), Final Destination 3 (Carrie Dreyer), Flash Gordon (Dale Arden), and she's been known to make an appearance in any show that's filmed in the Vancouver area in small roles (Supernatural, Psych, Smallville, etc...).

She's not a bad actress at all."
oh okies cool, dont really know her! ^^
#20 Edited by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Crimson Orchid said:
".Mistress Redhead. said:
"Crimson Orchid said:

"

She's not a bad actress at all."
oh okies cool, dont really know her! ^^"
Here, first thing that came up when I searched her name on youtube. 
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nHz5ffgw8Tk
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"

CARLA GUGINO

"

#22 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

CARLA GUGINO

"

"
your repeating yoruself...... why?

@Crim, sweet i will check at home
#23 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
@Crim, sweet i will check at home"
Awesome
#24 Posted by CPTSteve (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Christina Ricci.  She can pull off the Goth...the acting...the badass.  Total package and perfect role for her.

#25 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes christina ricci, Helena bonham carter can pull of the punk/goth (but maybe she's a bit too old...) dita von theese, but i don't think she acts, she's a model.

#26 Posted by CPTSteve (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Another thought from the Black Christmas angle...what about Lacey Chabert?

#27 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Lacey is viciously hot.  i think she could pull it.

#28 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
Michelle Trachtenberg is a good choice (:  whoever pointed her out.
 I could also see Rose McGowan in role

Or Christina Ricci (: 
#29 Posted by extrememage (184 posts) - - Show Bio

i persoanlly think megan fox, people seem to hate her and i dont get it. 
im the first to admit that she isnt the best actress ever but she is pretty good. in jennifers body she should great timing and before she was famous people did think she was funny on hope and faith. i think people alaways compare her to her performance in transformers, however people dont take into account that she was only put in it becoz she is hot, and didnt have to try so hard. plus jennifers body was better written to show her comic side. i think she could pull off the badass, sassy babe thing.  
she apparently wants the role so maybe that would help her give a good performance 

ps 
see jennifers body but wathc it with an open mind and not the whole "megan fox is in it so its crap", and it might not be your thing but watch it for how megan acts in it
#30 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

Actresses that play female chacters from comics / anime need to have large breasts.
#31 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Kat Dennings! - she's awesome and looks like she could kick anyones' ass.

#32 Posted by Judge_Dredd (149 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny, I was going to post Kat Dennings as well! She's perfect for it, she's great, and legendarily hot as well! Though Cassie is such a fun role, you really can't go wrong, there are many who could do a good spin on it. I think casting Kat would play up the morbid humor and general unenthused side of Cassie which is very funy. Where as, a somewhat more energetic take on the character might be funny as well. Not that humor is the only part, but it's the backbone of a likable Cassie I'd say.

#33 Posted by MichonneHack27 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm a lot of possibilites for Cassie. Needs to be someone young but not too young... hmmm Megan Fox maybe. I don't know why but I keep thinking Natalie Portman. Don't know why, lol. Have no clue though:B
#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92605 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Megan Fox. 

Christine Ricci is a good choice. Summer Glau, maybe?

Moderator Online
#35 Posted by comicfetish (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Olivia Wilde! 

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92605 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicfetish: Win. 
Moderator Online
#37 Edited by spikevalentine (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassie is a difficult character to cast, she has to look young but most young actresses suck, she has to pull both nerdy and goth hottie... my pick would be Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad), she looks the part, not too young but not to old, and she can act.

Don't you think she'd make a great Cassie?
#38 Edited by redleigh86 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Ksenia Solo!

I think she'd be great! (Check her out on Lost Girl, it's pretty good).

#39 Posted by SC (12703 posts) - - Show Bio

Allison Scagliotti!! Not only does she like Cassie Hack, she knows and likes the character and she is a CV poster -  either that or she has a really scary good imitator plus Tim Seeley endorses her! 

#40 Posted by redleigh86 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Allison Scagliotti!! Not only does she like Cassie Hack, she knows and likes the character and she is a CV poster - either that or she has a really scary good imitator plus Tim Seeley endorses her!

Who do you think she is on here?

#41 Posted by SC (12703 posts) - - Show Bio
@redleigh86 said:

Who do you think she is on here?

Allison Scagliotti or Allison Scag I believe? I am not familiar with the actual actress, I just thought it was funny when this poster on an unrelated thread randomly brought up how they would be great for the characters role, but then the link they had actually confirmed they were an actress who actually looked like the character and has been promoting the comic lol
#42 Posted by ragingsteve (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised no one's suggested Summer Glau, she's a great actress looks young enough to be around Cassie's age and can kick serious ass or have you forgotten how she killed an army of Reavers?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.