Return of Cassandra Cain?!?!

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio

As fans of the character know, she's been pretty much absent from not only the Bat-family books, but from comics in general as of late. Sure she's had a passing mention here and there, but nothing to sate our love for the character. Hopefully that will all be changing soon. 


So what are your thoughts on this? Do you like the new costume? Do you think she's going to end up incorporated into Batman INC, or involved in the Bat-family some other way? I mean, the Batgirl costume is pretty evident (I'm loving this take on it, btw). What are your hopes for the character? What would you like to see happen?

Thanks to danhimself, Gambler and Doctor Damn for the acquired info. 

#2 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
I'd love to see her return to prominence.
#4 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden: I kinda like the mask. 

@jrock85 said:
" @The Dark Huntress: I'd love to see her return to prominence. "
ME TOO. She's such a great character. I was completely surprised to see this development, but in a good way. 
#5 Posted by War Killer (20293 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see Cass back under the cowl, hopefully this will lead to her heading back to Gotham and having a talk with Bruce.

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
Bruce should make her his operative in Hong Kong.
#7 Edited by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
It's probably because I'm so used to seeing her in her old costume. Either way, I'm just glad she's going to be in Red Robin again along with the upcoming Batman: Gates of Gotham.
#8 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

I was so excited when I saw this that I immediately stopped everything and sent it to my fellow Cass Cain lover; Gambler

They need to make Cass Bruce's sidekick in Batman Inc or something just so she can be in an ongoing title....or better yet give her her own ongoing again!

#9 Posted by Doctor Damn (740 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I was so excited when I saw this that I immediately stopped everything and sent it to my fellow Cass Cain lover; GamblerThey need to make Cass Bruce's sidekick in Batman Inc or something just so she can be in an ongoing title....or better yet give her her own ongoing again! "
I was actually thinking of Cass permanently staying on Red Robin as Tim's partner. It would be a new take on the Robin/Bat relationship like Dick and Damien was. I wonder if she's going to go by Batgirl or something else.
#10 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

may seem an odd statement but I've always liked her with Tim and him with her. Plus she is just insanely awesome and I can't wait for her return.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I was so excited when I saw this that I immediately stopped everything and sent it to my fellow Cass Cain lover; GamblerThey need to make Cass Bruce's sidekick in Batman Inc or something just so she can be in an ongoing title....or better yet give her her own ongoing again! "
And the second he told me, I realized I couldn't contain my excitement. So on the behalf of both him and myself, thank you. :D

@Doctor Damn said:
" @danhimself said:
" I was so excited when I saw this that I immediately stopped everything and sent it to my fellow Cass Cain lover; GamblerThey need to make Cass Bruce's sidekick in Batman Inc or something just so she can be in an ongoing title....or better yet give her her own ongoing again! "
I was actually thinking of Cass permanently staying on Red Robin as Tim's partner. It would be a new take on the Robin/Bat relationship like Dick and Damien was. I wonder if she's going to go by Batgirl or something else. "
I would love to see that happen. 
#12 Posted by GreenParrot (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctor Damn said:
" I was actually thinking of Cass permanently staying on Red Robin as Tim's partner. It would be a new take on the Robin/Bat relationship like Dick and Damien was. "
That's what I want to happen.
#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she'll finally meet Jason.

#14 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Maybe she'll finally meet Jason. "
That would be awesome.
#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
" Maybe she'll finally meet Jason. "
That would be awesome. "
Indeed, its about time too.
#16 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
" Maybe she'll finally meet Jason. "
That would be awesome. "
i'd love to see that fight
#17 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed, and I think Tim can take her on now.

#18 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64:
ughh no thnx I respectfully disagree with you on that one Prim. Tim beating Cass in h2h defies logic.. bad writing imo, Snyder won't allow such an injustice

#19 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctor Damn said:
" @danhimself said:
" I was so excited when I saw this that I immediately stopped everything and sent it to my fellow Cass Cain lover; GamblerThey need to make Cass Bruce's sidekick in Batman Inc or something just so she can be in an ongoing title....or better yet give her her own ongoing again! "
I was actually thinking of Cass permanently staying on Red Robin as Tim's partner. It would be a new take on the Robin/Bat relationship like Dick and Damien was. I wonder if she's going to go by Batgirl or something else. "
that's a great idea!!

@Primmaster64 said:
" Indeed, and I think Tim can take her on now. "

uhhh no
#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the costume. Hopefully she'll be Batgirl again (there's two Batmen, let's have two Batgirls). And have her become Tim's partner. That'd be great.

@danhimself said:


@Primmaster64 said:
" Indeed, and I think Tim can take her on now. "
uhhh no "
Yeah, not a chance..lol
#21 Posted by Puvi2Groovy (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh, will depend on the prep time - Tim did beat Lady Shiva in the last issue of his Robin series. Here he used his brains and didn't actually have to do any h2h.

#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (15466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"Indeed, and I think Tim can take her on now. "

 

Umm no,at the peak of their abilities Tim would get flattened.
@RedK said:

" @Gambler said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
" Maybe she'll finally meet Jason. "
That would be awesome. "
i'd love to see that fight "


You wanna see Jason get his ass kicked?

 

and i'm indifferent to Cain at this point,will pick up the book for Tim but Cass as a character has outlived her usefullness.

Online
#23 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Puvi2Groovy said:

" Tbh, will depend on the prep time - Tim did beat Lady Shiva in the last issue of his Robin series. Here he used his brains and didn't actually have to do any h2h. "

With a nice helping of PIS. He didnt even land a shot on her and she broke his ribs despite being poisoned.
#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (15466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"@Puvi2Groovy said:

" Tbh, will depend on the prep time - Tim did beat Lady Shiva in the last issue of his Robin series. Here he used his brains and didn't actually have to do any h2h. "

With a nice helping of PIS. He didnt even land a shot on her and she broke his ribs despite being poisoned. "

LOL,poison.You'd expect an assasin of her caliber to be more careful .
Online
#25 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Gambler said:
"@Puvi2Groovy said:

" Tbh, will depend on the prep time - Tim did beat Lady Shiva in the last issue of his Robin series. Here he used his brains and didn't actually have to do any h2h. "

With a nice helping of PIS. He didnt even land a shot on her and she broke his ribs despite being poisoned. "
LOL,poison.You'd expect an assasin of her caliber to be more careful . "
Right? I mean come on. I can get over her being poisoned, but Tim somehow knowing what hotel she'd stay in because she has extravagant taste (something introduced in that story alone by the way) and then poisoning her turn down service chocolate........I understand they needed a way for Tim to win without having him physically best Shiva, but come on now lol
#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (15466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Gambler said:
"@Puvi2Groovy said:

" Tbh, will depend on the prep time - Tim did beat Lady Shiva in the last issue of his Robin series. Here he used his brains and didn't actually have to do any h2h. "

With a nice helping of PIS. He didnt even land a shot on her and she broke his ribs despite being poisoned. "
LOL,poison.You'd expect an assasin of her caliber to be more careful . "
Right? I mean come on. I can get over her being poisoned, but Tim somehow knowing what hotel she'd stay in because she has extravagant taste (something introduced in that story alone by the way) and then poisoning her turn down service chocolate........I understand they needed a way for Tim to win without having him physically best Shiva, but come on now lol "

Did'nt she show extravagant taste in Cassandra's Batgirl ongoing?issue 24 or 25 where they first fought.Shiva was walking around like a celeb.
Online
#27 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" Did'nt she show extravagant taste in Cassandra's Batgirl ongoing?issue 24 or 25 where they first fought.Shiva was walking around like a celeb. "
Did she? I'd have to go back and look. But I'm pretty sure she was purposely exposing herself to lure Cass to her. I think it was referenced in one of the later issues in fact.
#28 Posted by entropy_aegis (15466 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
"As fans of the character know, she's been pretty much absent from not only the Bat-family books, but from comics in general as of late. Sure she's had a passing mention here and there, but nothing to sate our love for the character. Hopefully that will all be changing soon. 

So what are your thoughts on this? Do you like the new costume? Do you think she's going to end up incorporated into Batman INC, or involved in the Bat-family some other way? I mean, the Batgirl costume is pretty evident (I'm loving this take on it, btw). What are your hopes for the character? What would you like to see happen?

Thanks to danhimself, Gambler and Doctor Damn for the acquired info. 


 
RED ROBIN #25
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA • Art and cover by MARCUS TO and RAY MCCARTHY
If he’s going to avoid a fight against a psycho Super-Villain, end the 7 Days of Death, win the Assassination Tournament and discover ancient knowledge over life and death, Red Robin will have to survive a final battle against one of the world’s deadliest assassins. Her name? Cassandra Cain!    
 
"

Doubt she's goona be a part of INC,Snyder will use her in Gates of Gotham,Simone expressed interest but her proposals were shot down,Fabian i recall said that all this is just a part of the story and he does'nt have any plans for Cass at all.As for INC Bruce has a new Batgirl
 
Online
#29 Posted by Puvi2Groovy (6 posts) - - Show Bio

But that's exactly it: he hit Shiva with a poison that wouldn't affect her until she fought him - when her heartbeat rate increased to a specific rate. I think Tim could beat Cass if they both had a few hours prep time - he'd think of something.

#30 Posted by viin (694 posts) - - Show Bio

she should become "black robin"

or just go by Cassandra Cain just like her dad went by David Cain
make her show up sometimes to help out and other times to fight em
kinda like Lady Shiva...
i also liked what she was wearing in Red Robin #17
can she stay with that maybe add a bat logo or a hood?
some swords? lol

#31 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

The claws are very Shuri esque, can't believe I missed this -_-

#32 Posted by frogjitsu (477 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great new that she will once again grace the pages of Red Robin.  Now if only she would make more regular appearances, then that would be great.

#33 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

:'( She best not kill Tim.

#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
She didn't kill him while brainwashed, no reason to think she'd do it now.
Moderator
#35 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" She didn't kill him while brainwashed, no reason to think she'd do it now. "
Though we have no idea where she has been ;)
#36 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.: I haven't followed Red Robin so I don't know of her current status (she has appeared in the series before), just saying Tim won't bite the dust no matter what. :P
Moderator
#37 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.: I haven't followed Red Robin so I don't know of her current status (she has appeared in the series before), just saying Tim won't bite the dust no matter what. :P "
Its probably just one of those "teaser" images that means nothing to do with the comic lol I have not followed RR either much
#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.: The solicitation does state they will fight, so it's likely there's more to it than just a cool cover.
Moderator
#39 Posted by Outside_85 (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

While i would like her to return, and take back what is hers, i dont care for the mask and wrappings, sort of makes me think of her having robbed Nightshade (mask) and Wild Cat (Ted's) closests.

#40 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.: The solicitation does state they will fight, so it's likely there's more to it than just a cool cover. "
Damn, well there goes that argument ;)
#41 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@viin said:
"she should become "black robin"
or just go by Cassandra Cain just like her dad went by David Cain
make her show up sometimes to help out and other times to fight em
kinda like Lady Shiva...
i also liked what she was wearing in Red Robin #17
can she stay with that maybe add a bat logo or a hood?
some swords? lol

"

That sounds cool........
#42 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about mother"beep"in time she returned!

#43 Posted by Harlekin (684 posts) - - Show Bio

Liked her ninja outfit better but at least she is somewhere not being written by Adam Beechen.

#44 Posted by A_O_N (323 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she'll be written well in that Red Robin piece. I am looking forward to her appearance in Gates of Gotham, however.

#45 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kind of over Cass. Congrats DC.

#46 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I'm kind of over Cass. Congrats DC. "
That's a first o_O. Next you'll say you don't like Shiva :P
#47 Posted by Billy Batson (58372 posts) - - Show Bio

yay

#48 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
" @Gambler said:
" I'm kind of over Cass. Congrats DC. "
That's a first o_O. Next you'll say you don't like Shiva :P "
Being a fan of Cassandra Cain is like being a Detroit Lions fans. Year after Year, or Appearance after Appearance, you continually hope for the best only to have your dreams crushed as the appearance, or season, was worse then the last. I'm getting old, my health wont allow me to embrace anymore letdowns :P
#49 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: LMAO! Well keep your expectations low then it can only go up from there!
#50 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
" @Gambler: LMAO! Well keep your expectations low then it can only go up from there! "
My Cass expectations have a mind of their own. One of the drawbacks of being a fanboy I guess. Nope. I'm just going to turn my back on the whole thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.