Read

#1 Posted by MorganaV (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so, after seeing a fanart of Cassandra Cain the other day I looked her up on here and saw some of the kinda funny bits from the comic, and they made me want to read more, so I got the whole series, and so far I'm about half way through and I'm just wondering more and more on one thing. Does she ever actually learn to read? I mean they keep talking about teaching her every time she asks someone to read something but so far nothings come of it. Can anyone who's read the whole series tell me if she actually ever learns how to read?

#2 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

i read her entire series and her appearances in other books and i don't think she ever did learn to read, or if she did it wasn't mentioned, if she ever returns they'll probably just say that she learned while she was away

#3 Posted by BlueStarr86 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

During her series Cassandra Cain never learned to read. After her series she did, but it was in the stuff written by Adam Beechen, so it's continuity is questionable at best. Long story short, Cass isn't being used right now -because- of Adam Beechen, and the stuff he wrote doesn't make much sense. Though the last time we saw her was in Red Robin (the author seems to really want to use her) where she read a billboard, so while she can read, it probably didn't happen the way it did when Adam Beechen wrote it.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92411 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait..where are y'all finding her entire series? I've been looking for the trades and some of them are out of print. :(

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84451 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by junkmasterzero (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is he telling her to "suit up" when she slept in it?

#7 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

aww, they look so right together. rarely can you see a hot girl who can kick ass.

#8 Edited by BlueStarr86 (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@junkmasterzero said:

" Why is he telling her to "suit up" when she slept in it? "

No belt, gloves, cape, or mask. That takes a second or two to put together.

@The Dark Huntress

said:

" Wait..where are y'all finding her entire series? I've been looking for the trades and some of them are out of print. :( "

I bought it when it came out one issue at a time, also you won't find the ENTIRE series in TPB format, as several issues weren't published in the old trades.

@Gambler: she was still working on it and still wasn't fluent in reading at the end of her series.
#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84451 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlueStarr86 said:
"  @Gambler: she was still working on it and still wasn't fluent in reading at the end of her series. "
Never said she was.
#10 Posted by BlueStarr86 (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @BlueStarr86 said:
"  @Gambler: she was still working on it and still wasn't fluent in reading at the end of her series. "
Never said she was. "
I know, I was just making it clear for the people who don't have her series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.