Follow

Cassandra Cain

Character » Cassandra Cain appears in 878 issues.

The daughter of two notorious assassins, David Cain and Lady Shiva, Cassandra left her father as a child after she killed a man and saw his pain and fear while he died. After saving Commissioner Gordon's life, she became the new Batgirl with Batman and Oracle's blessing, and was later adopted by Bruce Wayne. She would later give the role of Batgirl to her friend Stephanie Brown, and became Black Bat. In the New 52 and Rebirth, she takes the alias of Orphan.

New to Cassandra Cain

Avatar image for daredevilwithoutfear
    Daredevilwithoutfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like it says I'm a new Reader to Cassandra and I like the character as I recently read Superman Batman Public Enemies and that is how I found out about her and looked her from there I was wondering what are some good story Arcs to get me familiar with her character and learn more about her as I know Stephanie Brown right now is Batgirl. 

I know its kind of Late for me to be a Fan now but I am a new fan of Cassie Cain and Jason Todd as well too

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

start with No Man's Land...read the whole thing...it's a really good story and marks her first appearance and her becoming Batgirl

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By danhimself

also once Gambler see's this thread then you'll need no more advice on her

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Telcalipoca

before the current batgirl series she had her own "batgirl" series so check that out .she fist came out in batman no mans land and was mute but i dont remember which issue was on where she appeared....or atleast i remember it being no mans land.

Avatar image for daredevilwithoutfear
    Daredevilwithoutfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Guys any other after No Mans Land??

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Telcalipoca
    @danhimself said:
    " start with No Man's Land...read the whole thing...it's a really good story and marks her first appearance and her becoming Batgirl "
    i loved no mans land . who needs an arc center around  villain
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By iLLituracy

I'd read her Batgirl series. That's where I personally was introduced to the character and she quickly grew to be a favorite. Most of the issues in the early run are single issue stories, which was one of the reasons why I really enjoyed this series.

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Telcalipoca

i vaguely remember her being an outsider when bruce retook the reins of the group so Batman and the outsiders would be a hero group of which she was apart of and maybe  the only one.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

after No Man's Land then jump over to volume one of her series,  then the Titans East arc of Teen Titans which is issues 43-46, then to Batman and the Outsiders 2-14, then over to her 6 issue mini series also know as Batgirl Vol. 2. 

justafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By justafan

her first appearance was the mark of cain story in   batman #567 
    but definitely read her batgirl series from 2000 onward

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By nightwing91

She was also in the justice league elite. Cassies solo series have 8 volumes, 7 from her first series, and then the mini collected.

Batgirl:Silent Running,Batgirl: A Knight Alone,Batgirl:Death wish,Batgirl:Fists of Fury ,Robin/Batgirl: Fresh blood, Batgirl: Kicking Assassins,Teen Titans Vol 7:Titans East,Batgirl: Destruction's Daughter,Batman and the outsiders volume 1 and 2,Batgirl: Redemption Road, And the reast of the outsiders series after, and issue one of the new batgirl series she appeared to give up the cowl.

sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sputnik
    @Daredevilwithoutfear: if you google her, there's a link in the second page that direct you to scans-daily(don't go there directly though) you see a lot of comic scans boput casss there! she's a pretty awesome character!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.