Is Cass coming back?

#1 Posted by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio

(From Cassandra's page)

Current Events

Recently in Red Robin, Cassandra rescued Tim Drake and helped him in his investigation on the assassination tournament. Currently in Batman: Gates of Gotham, Cassandra joins her adopted brothers to stop a villain called the Architect from destroying Gotham City.

Grant Morrison has confirmed at a comic event that Cassandra will be appearing in the new DCU however, when she'll be appearing is unknown.

Can anyone tell me if this statement is true or not for me please, and if so when did Morrison say this?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if that's true, but I would imagine she will show up for the finale of Batman Inc. And Gail Simone said that if nobody uses Cass in their book, she'll write her into Batgirl, same with Stephanie.

#3 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

Yep Morisson said so in the new 52 saturday on newsarama. In what role, we don't know. However she will show up in some form.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc-2011-dc-new-52-saturday-110721.html

Once the countdown is done, scroll down to 12:21.

Morrison "Yes, Certainly."

Wow...that really isn't much of an answer to be honest. That comes off more like a "Sure...when we feel like using her again." =/

Thanks though for the link.

#5 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

Yep Morisson said so in the new 52 saturday on newsarama. In what role, we don't know. However she will show up in some form.

Wow...that really isn't much of an answer to be honest. That comes off more like a "Sure...when we feel like using her again." =/

True it's not much, but i like to be more optimistic with it.

So far DC has given us relatively straight answers about whether certain characters would be seen soon. Didio admitted that their where no plans for Wally and Donna and that we where unlikely to see them anytime soon. So if the same was true regarding Cass, i'd have expected them to have said so.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Afro_Warrior said:

@War Killer said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

True it's not much, but i like to be more optimistic with it.

So far DC has given us relatively straight answers about whether certain characters would be seen soon. Didio admitted that their where no plans for Wally and Donna and that we where unlikely to see them anytime soon. So if the same was true regarding Cass, i'd have expected them to have said so.

From ECCC12 interview with Gail Simone:

Simone offered some hints at upcoming projects, including an upcoming, as yet unannounced graphic ovel withEthan Van Sciver , that is, Simone said, "literally the best work of Ethan's life."  
Simone is also working on some young adult work, not necessarily in comics, and hinted at future projects involving the character of Cassandra Cane.

#7 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Goiod to see that there are plans for Cassie, but at ECCC12 DC confirmed that there are no plans for Stephanie Brown anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.