Cassandra Cain: Batgirl again or have her own hero identity?

#1 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

If Cassandra Cain returns should she retake her mantle as Batgirl away from Stephanie Brown or should she think up her own superhero identity as Dick Grayson did when he quit being Robin and became Nightwing?  Personally I'd like to see her as Batgirl again because she seems so much more badass and spooky than Steph Brown, who looks more cute than impressive (I mean, Cass beat up Supergirl and Ravager, that makes her one of DC's biggest badasses). 

Also, can anyone tell me how old Cassandra is?  Like is she as old as Steph or younger/older?

#2 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27112 posts) - - Show Bio

I would hope they create a new character for her to play, a new type of hero to join the bat family. Babs posted about a possible ongoing here  

I believe she is about 19 years old, Steph is around the same age.

#3 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.:    Cool, thanks for the info and link Mistress Redhead
#4 Posted by Jor-el Zod (136 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinestro2828:
i'd like to see her as nightwing
#5 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jor-el Zod:   I think she'd be a kickass Nightwing as well, though I'm almost certain Dick would FLIP OUT over her taking his old mantle since apparently they don't like eachother one bit based on my reading...On the otherhand if she proves herself worthy & Dick remains as Batman then perhaps it could work out afterall.
#6 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jor-el Zod: This could be pretty interesting :P

But I'm "smelling" two Batgirls, helping alongside the 2 Batmen and Robins... You heard it here first!
#7 Posted by ChadwickDavis (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I see her forming an her spec ops team sort of like silver Sable's wild pack. And as in interesting (but disturbing...yeah I know ) twist using spoiler's alias.

#8 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Stephanie actually dies like she should of 15 years ago when her character became irrelevant and Cass gets the mantle only she is fit to bear 

#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't she go by something else when she was a member of Justice League Elite. Maybe she  could do that again. I'd love to see her as Nightwing but yeah multiple Batgirls would be cool too.

#10 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

New identity

#12 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

2 Batgirls and 2 Batmans seems a bit overkill, might be better if she gets a new name

#13 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd love to see cass as anyone, but more preferably batgirl.

#14 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinestro2828 
could you help find that part where dick disliked cass? i've wanted to read that, just couldn't find it. thanks
#15 Edited by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz said:

" @Jor-el Zod: This could be pretty interesting :P  But I'm "smelling" two Batgirls, helping alongside the 2 Batmen and Robins... You heard it here first! "

Yeah, we can have 2 Batman squads:  
     Alpha Squad (Global) - Bruce, Tim, Cass
     Beta Squad (Local) - Dick, Damien, Steph

As for the identity crises, I'd say no for Nightwing (still hoping Dick comes to his senses and goes back to his old identity; one can only wish), but I'd be ok for a new identity if it is something cool, and fresh, and she is not EVIL.  I miss her as batgirl though.  She was so badass.
#16 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogjitsu: This would be perfect! I'd love that!

I have a small problem accepting Dick back to simply plain old Nightwing. It needs a little adjustment, some evolution.
I couldn't imagine him being back to solo Nightwing with no cape and all while he became such a leader lately, with his own sidekick and all.
#17 Posted by jasraj (4728 posts) - - Show Bio
I think she should be killed off, I'm not to fond of her
#18 Posted by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz:   I say screw the cape, and the sidekick.  Damian's annoying and he doesn't need the cape.
#19 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogjitsu:
But a cape, in the DCU = respect, big lead character and more mature persona.
Even Booster Gold used to put on a cape whenever he had speeches in public or important apparitions.
#20 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems pretty clear that it's Stephanie's identity now.  Anyway, Bruce is the one who told Cassandra to give the mantle to Stephanie

#21 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
"  Anyway, Bruce is the one who told Cassandra to give the mantle to Stephanie "
This is incorrect. Cassandra walked away from the mantle after Bruce's supposed death.
#22 Edited by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

" @N7_Normandy said:

"  Anyway, Bruce is the one who told Cassandra to give the mantle to Stephanie "
This is incorrect. Cassandra walked away from the mantle after Bruce's supposed death. "
not true; it was in the Road Home: Batgirl that Bruce said he told Cassandra to give up the mantle

not only this, but it's revealed that Bruce knows where she is
#23 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
" @Gambler said:

" @N7_Normandy said:

This is incorrect. Cassandra walked away from the mantle after Bruce's supposed death. "
not true; it was in the Road Home: Batgirl that Bruce said he told Cassandra to give up the mantle  not only this, but it's revealed that Bruce knows where she is "
Oh snap, I've been schooled. My bad. I haven't read Road Home yet. Thanks for the update ;)
#24 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @N7_Normandy said:
" @Gambler said:

" @N7_Normandy said:

not true; it was in the Road Home: Batgirl that Bruce said he told Cassandra to give up the mantle  not only this, but it's revealed that Bruce knows where she is "
Oh snap, I've been schooled. My bad. I haven't read Road Home yet. Thanks for the update ;) "
Also it's hinted that Tim also knows where she is.. got to love those detective types
#25 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" @Gambler said:
" @N7_Normandy said:
" @Gambler said:

" @N7_Normandy said:

Oh snap, I've been schooled. My bad. I haven't read Road Home yet. Thanks for the update ;) "
Also it's hinted that Tim also knows where she is.. got to love those detective types "
Yup yup. Something about, "Tim's been in regular contact with her." 

#26 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Final Arrow said:
" @Gambler said:
" @N7_Normandy said:
" @Gambler said:

" @N7_Normandy said:

Also it's hinted that Tim also knows where she is.. got to love those detective types "
Yup yup. Something about, "Tim's been in regular contact with her." 

"
Bruce is such a douche to Alfred.XD
#27 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow:  If you had a "Man Servant" wouldnt you? Dont lie either, I know you would lol
#28 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: I'd have two and make them fight...whats your point XD.
#29 Posted by PK Atomsk (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should have her own identity, but her old costume's too cool.

#30 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be awesome to see her get back into being Batgirl, but she's fine where she's at for now. We'll see soon.

#31 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

she should go back to being batgirl. she was the coolest batgirl and she had the best costume!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.