Cassandra as Nightwing?

#1 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

When the topic of Cassandra's return rolls around, a few people have had the idea that she should take the Nightwing mantle up. I really like that because it's a great name and in my opinion in best costume in comics. And some people who can draw seem to think it's nifty too... 

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/044/c/b/Casswing_and_Red_Robin_by_FSbot.jpg 

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/211/1/8/Cass_Cain_Nightwing_sketch_by_einsam.jpg 

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/211/d/8/Cassandra_Cain_as_Nightwing_by_FSbot.jpg 

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/264/e/7/ravager_vs__cain_rematch_by_kelbykross-d2z6pw3.jpg

So whatcha'll think?

#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I don't wan't her to be Nightwing I can't deny that is some damn fine artwork 

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

don't see it... 

nice art work, but from a character perspective, don't see it 

M

#4 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think I may be more partial to the idea of somebody wearing the costume than Cassandra specifically. Cassandra is pretty acrobatic though and would look good in action in it.

Hmmm... maybe Bette Kane can drop the Flamebird name and take it over. Be somewhat amusing since her reason for become Flamebird was a crush on Robin. And it would be a bit edgier for the Batwoman series.

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassie and Dick never got along very well amongst the Bat family and Cassie practically worships Bruce. I don't think she'd ever wear a nightwing alias.

Awesome artwork thought.

#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work.

#7 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

That's some sweet artwork, but can't really see Cassandra becoming Nightwing.  It just really doesn't seem like a good fit for her.

#8 Posted by Icarusflies (12408 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, but I think Cassie needs to take up her own identity now. Not a legacy character.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by danhimself (22217 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be cool just because of Dick pretty much giving the Robin title away without Tim's say so and since Dick's able to do that then Bruce should give her the Nightwing title

#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

There's two Batmen why not two Batgirls?

#12 Edited by frogjitsu (476 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:

" There's two Batmen why not two Batgirls? "

My sentiments exactly.  Besides Cassie and Steph look good together.
#13 Posted by e12101988 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

she could also become robin to bruce's batman

#14 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5360 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah.

#15 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmmmm
#16 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
Exactly my opinion on this!
Plus two Robins - sort of, with Damian and Red Robin/Tim.
#17 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Quintus_Knightfall (84372 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her current look.

And wouldnt mind if she became the new Nightwing
Moderator Online
#19 Posted by TheMilkywayDude (105 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC:
@frogjitsu:
@Eyz:

Well weve already got batwoman AND batgirl so i dont think that would work but why not nightwing? like that cheyenne freemont girl ive heard of, and I think if she just puts a name to her current look shed be a good hero anyway.
#20 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the idea 
she'd be a great Nightwing
#21 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the idea of her being nightwing. Superman said  it himself the kryptonian nightwing  was a hero who was cast out of his family,he dreamt of showing his family he was better then they gave him credit for. Cassandra doesn't fit that for me, she wasn't cast out like dick originally was, she's still a part of the family. Her being nightwing just wouldn't make sense, atleast to me.

#22 Posted by Lvenger (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

Character wise she could fit the bill for Nightwing. And since that god awful Chris is gone, there's no Nightwing so I could dig Cassie as Nightwing.

#23 Posted by ChadwickDavis (444 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies:
"Cool, but I think Cassie needs to take up her own identity now. Not a legacy character. "

I agree completely
#24 Posted by Daredevilwithoutfear (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love for Cassie to be Nightwing I think she would kick ass and add her own touch to it.. Better yet if not Nightwing what about her version of the Huntress??? But really I still prefer her as Batgirl.

#25 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing those drawings, I think that she could work as Nightwing, but where does that leave Dick when he inevitably gets booted from the cowl? Even though that is some years away.  

As has already been said, I'd still much rather see her as Batgirl, but I'm not hating Steph as Batgirl, so I think Cass is okay where she's at. In the March solicits it even sounds like she may be popping up in Birds of Prey, she'd be a nice fit for that team, I think.

#26 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogjitsu said:
" @PrinceIMC said:

My sentiments exactly.  Besides Cassie and Steph look good together. "
Agreed, plus it would be fun seeing those two interact together in the Batgirl series.

And seriously, wouldn't it make sense? Bruce has two Batmen running around, why not two Batgirl's? Makes sense to me.
#27 Edited by frogjitsu (476 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: I could be like that new She-Hulks book Marvel puts out.  Instead of getting rid of one of there characters, they just have both of them staring in the same book.
#28 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have to have a decent stroy behind it and her not just taking it up fro no reason but i would like to see her take on that mantle with that look, i like that partial face cover in the colored pic above, they should joind that in with it too
#29 Posted by Selvokaz (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"I think it would be cool just because of Dick pretty much giving the Robin title away without Tim's say so and since Dick's able to do that then Bruce should give her the Nightwing title "

except, Bruce did the samething to Dick, when it came to being Batman. Apparently its the Batman's choice on who is who in the Bat-family, so if Bruce can decide who is going to be Batman and who's going to be Robin (since he did make Dick Robin in the first place, as well as Jason) then Dick as Batman has the right who decide who is going to be his Robin. Nightwing on the other hand is different Dick practically made that identity back when there wasn't much to build on. It's not a leagacy name like Superman or Batman or Green Lantern, and while their have been other Nightwings and Flamebirds in other parts of the DCU the main one has been Dick Grayson, passing it on to Cassandra as much as I like her would be like passing on the Superman mantle to Jimmy Olsen. It just doesn't mesh. Nightwing was created so that Dick could step out of the shadow of the Batman and be his own hero, Cassandra never needed to do that because she quit when her idol died. Nightwing is not the mantle for quitters, he gets right back up and comes right back at you.
#30 Posted by blackair9 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

With Tim full swing as Red Robin , Cassandra is a great  choice for the Nightwing mantle , as far the Kryptonian Mythos, Cassandra Feels like an outsider in the Batman family (even though she is not) it would make sense for her. That would be a great Mini-series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.