Bring back Cassandra Cain!

#1 Posted by jpblair88 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

but bring her back right! she can even keep the costume she had pre-New 52 but she is a character who is at the very least deserving a of a good miniseries exploring her past with the League of Assassins and her relationship with the rest of the Bat-Family.

#2 Edited by lorex (950 posts) - - Show Bio

I could not agree more but DC seems to have their head up theis asses where this character is concerned. They seem much more interested in cementinig Barbara Gordon Batgirl again rather than explore some of the women that followed her as Batgirl.

#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Shiva's coming in the next issue of Nightwing, I gotta believe a Cass Cain appearance cant be far behind.

#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Lady Shiva's coming in the next issue of Nightwing, I gotta believe a Cass Cain appearance cant be far behind.

#5 Posted by jpblair88 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

i certainly hope so. she is a character with such unused potential.

#6 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

If they bring her back, they should do a series where she wanders the world similar to the "Kung Fu" TV series where she slowly finds herself and her purpose again.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22314 posts) - - Show Bio

I just caught myself looking for a "like" button for this thread

#8 Posted by Mannyv280 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving this thread...I have been thinking about this since they started the New 52. I like the idea of Cassandra rediscovering herself around the world in a mini-series. I was also thinking why not have her conduct missions around the world for Batman almost like a spy thriller type feel to it. I always thought she was a better asset to Batman than they made her out to be.

#9 Posted by Lvenger (18497 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, to all the Cain fans, DC will bring her back in time. Same to Stephanie Brown, Wally West, Donna Troy and other missing characters who may view this thread. You can't go about whining about how your favourite character's not around when the purpose of a reboot is to bring about change. DC will introduce fan favourites in time. Just let them roll out the New 52 carpet first. Oh and I believe Morrison said he had plans for Cassandra in Batman Inc so that's the place to look at in the future.

#10 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

They've been saying Batman Inc will bring her back, but when? It's annoying that they kept all the Robins but gave the finger to all the Batgirls.

#11 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't put her in Hong Kong. It makes no sense. She doesn't even speak Chinese. In fact, if they do bring her back, they should make her illiterate again but have her learn sign language as a part of her literacy education.

Although, my dream would be to have them just continue from the end of her ongoing series. That was a very important moment for her where she was really taking a big step forward as a character. Her journey was making the transition to an even more mature and adult path, that had the potential to deal with far more philosophical and profound ideas and themes. In fact, that moment of what I can really only describe as transcendence is very rare in fiction.

I really wish for a new series to be Cassandra Cain's story, not Batgirl's story. The goal wouldn't be about her returning to the Bat family. It would be about her find a new meaning, new purpose. If she is to return to the Bat family, have that decision grow naturally as a result of her travels, her search for meaning and purpose, instead of having that decision made from the start of her journey.

#12 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

A Barbara Gordon / Cass Cain / Steph Brown series would be interesting

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I endorse. Especially if it's Oracle.

#14 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Or, you know, they could always try something relatively unheard of in this medium: Create a new character.

#15 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I concur

#16 Posted by ghost013 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

So apparently there is a campaign to bring back Cass. On August 31st, buy Batgirl #1 to show DC that she can sell. Here is a link to the person who organized this http://casscaincampaign.tumblr.com/ if you want more information

#17 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see her back, but I think it would be great if she could have an individual title like "nightwing" or "oracle". Having "bat" in the name just ties her down too much,

#18 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

I would love to see her back, but I think it would be great if she could have an individual title like "nightwing" or "oracle". Having "bat" in the name just ties her down too much,

Yeah. "Black Bat" is basically just "Black Batgirl" shortened down. It's just like "Red Robin," and therefore a terrible name. I wish they would take a chance on more original roles for these characters.

#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (10965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Add Helena Bertinelli to that list and i'm with ya

#20 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

She deserves a big return

#21 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really like to see a series where Cass forms a team with Bronze Tiger and Onyx to take over and reform the League of Assassins so that they could prevent assassination attempts around the world.

#22 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

I'd really like to see a series where Cass forms a team with Bronze Tiger and Onyx to take over and reform the League of Assassins so that they could prevent assassination attempts around the world.

Your ideas are gold.

#23 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Kyle Higgins she won't be seen for a while.....YES!!!! I hate this stupid walking PIS character. I hope she never comes back!!!!

#24 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Kyle Higgins she won't be seen for a while.....YES!!!! I hate this stupid walking PIS character. I hope she never comes back!!!!

#25 Posted by X9 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@KingofMadCows said:

Your ideas are gold.

#26 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

She and Stephanie are a great duo I would like to see them as both batgirls in action, but she said she is done crime fighting, so that made me think that she will be a mentor. She should part of the Bat Incorporated boot camp. Let her relax and have her talk with Bruce with what has happened. She should also have talk with Wildcat. Maybe she can have his gym afterward. She should only come as cavalry.

#27 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve of this thread, they should have had her back as Black Bat and at least have her Batman Inc, they could have had Stephanie as Barb's Stand-in like they did in "mystery of the batwoman" and have her in birds of prey, or just give her a new identity. Granted, I think DC needs to pace themselves, they are saving "some" for later. Still I would have suggested steph or Casandra on the JLA instead of Catwoman.

#28 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

My dream is to have a Cass/Steph team book. Steph could be a burgeoning vigilante who, one night, gets in over her head with some "thugs" who end up being League of Assassins members. Only to be saved by the "victim" she'd initially swooped in to rescue, which would, of course, be Cass. The book would have Cass helping Steph be a better crime fighter while Steph would help Cass adjust to living in the outside world. The best friend hijinks and normal crime fighting would be broken up with attacks by the League who are still after Cass, as well as run-ins with the Bat-clan who don't approve of Steph's crime-fighting and are suspicious of the new girl with ties to not only the Assassins but also notorious mercenary, Cain.

They could call it "Spoilers". Steph could wear her old costume while Cass could have something of a cross between Steph's outfit and her original Batgirl gear. Course, that'd probably be a little too light-hearted for the New52.

#29 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

Still miss my favorite comic character. =( *begins to cradle self in corner*

#30 Posted by knightofthechronicle (643 posts) - - Show Bio

It's dirt simple if you ask me. The New 52 has a five year timeline. For two years Barbara Gordon was Batgirl, then she got shot. The next year Cass took the role until she decided to take a leave of absence, which is where Steph comes into play. During this time Barbara recovers until she takes her mantel back, which I hope Steph just gave up due to what happened with Barbara. Steph becomes Spoiler, her original disguise and Cass becomes Black Bat. See? Simple!
(Oh, and if it's already been said for how long Barbara was Batgirl before the accident I didn't know, I haven't read Batgirl.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.