Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4389 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Why do you like Ms. Marvel?

• 131 results
    The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By The 502 Kid
    the creator said:
    "Hugely attractive and hugely powerful - the complete package."
    and very interesting!!
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By speedlgt

I wonder why Stark put her incharge of the team? We all know he leads them

and dude if ares is so dumb then why was he the only one that knew that the skrull 70 heros was a trick to get them for the real battle. He was the voice of reason that no one listened to

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Erik

I love Ms. Marvel because of her absolute realism as a character. She has wants and desires that anyone of us would have should they be in her position. For a while she wanted to be the best hero there is just because she loved being loved. Then she grew and matured as a person. She makes mistakes, big ones. She makes choices that always seem so human. Like allowing Puppet Master to blow himself up. She had the power and ability to stop him, but her anger at what he had done put her in a position where she just let him go. She didn't even feel guilty about her decision either. Reading her stuff just seems so realistic. Then there is the powers, the outfit, and the body. Yes yes.

VagrantStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By VagrantStyle
    tejpis said:
    I like Ms. Marvel's outfit, mostly the scarf."
    it's a utility sash.
    NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By NeoAndroid

I like Ms.Marvel, i been in an out of hospital and she kept me going for awhile. Shes strong, and has problems like everyone else. She shows that she really is a Superhero who can mess up and isnt perfect. I like her attuide in the comics. Her powers are great, some of the best in marvel to me. And I just love the way she looks. Because she is Smart (you have to be smart to be atleast enter CIA). She can be undependable, but also be the one you need. Shes my favourite character and will always be.

Go Ms.Marvel

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    speedlgt said:
    "I wonder why Stark put her incharge of the team? We all know he leads them

and dude if ares is so dumb then why was he the only one that knew that the skrull 70 heros was a trick to get them for the real battle. He was the voice of reason that no one listened to"
    You say the dumbest sh#t..you are the most oblivious reader on the vine.
    NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NeoAndroid

In the end its every character to every person. You like who you like and trash the ones you dont, it just happens that alot of us like Ms.Marvel ^^

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    NeoAndroid said:
    "In the end its every character to every person. You like who you like and trash the ones you dont, it just happens that alot of us like Ms.Marvel ^^"
    What?
    NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NeoAndroid

It wasnt anythingabout your post i was just stating a general fact. That everyone has there own choice of characters that they like, and some that the dislike. So they stand up for the ones they like trying in somecases to prove that actual fact isnt true. And if they dont like another character they will find away to disaprove anything about them.

Im new i have different ways of wording things, im sorry if you didnt understand it first. But anyway back on track look to my first post as to why i like ms.marvel and carol danvers

Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mike28

Three Words. Hot... Busty... Blond.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    NeoAndroid said:
    "It wasnt anythingabout your post i was just stating a general fact. That everyone has there own choice of characters that they like, and some that the dislike. So they stand up for the ones they like trying in somecases to prove that actual fact isnt true. And if they dont like another character they will find away to disaprove anything about them.

Im new i have different ways of wording things, im sorry if you didnt understand it first. But anyway back on track look to my first post as to why i like ms.marvel and carol danvers"
    My confusion..is because I don't know why your saying this.I understood what you said.
    NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NeoAndroid
    Vance Astro said:
    "NeoAndroid said:
    "It wasnt anythingabout your post i was just stating a general fact. That everyone has there own choice of characters that they like, and some that the dislike. So they stand up for the ones they like trying in somecases to prove that actual fact isnt true. And if they dont like another character they will find away to disaprove anything about them.

Im new i have different ways of wording things, im sorry if you didnt understand it first. But anyway back on track look to my first post as to why i like ms.marvel and carol danvers"
    My confusion..is because I don't know why your saying this.I understood what you said."
    I was saying it because of the things like 'Rogue is way better than Ms.Marvel' 'She is the dumbest next to ares'  'If ares is dumb then he would of figured out, etc' It got everyone irrate just like you said the 'Your the most oblivious read on the vine' If you see the comments on the topic, and see the topic title. You would understand why i wrote it. But whatever if you dont, you dont. Someone else will where others cant ^^;
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    NeoAndroid said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "NeoAndroid said:

My confusion..is because I don't know why your saying this.I understood what you said."
    I was saying it because of the things like 'Rogue is way better than Ms.Marvel' 'She is the dumbest next to ares'  'If ares is dumb then he would of figured out, etc' It got everyone irrate just like you said the 'Your the most oblivious read on the vine' If you see the comments on the topic, and see the topic title. You would understand why i wrote it. But whatever if you dont, you dont. Someone else will where others cant ^^;"
    My comment had nothing to do with the topic or how I feel about Ms.Marvel.speedlgt asked a stupid question about her that would be easily answered if he would have actually been reading Mighty Avengers like he said he does.
    Avatar image for the_emerald_knight
    The Emerald Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, personally, could live without reading her series or her not existing at all, but I must admit her series is really good. Excellent writing.

NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NeoAndroid
    Vance Astro said:
    "NeoAndroid said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "NeoAndroid said:

I was saying it because of the things like 'Rogue is way better than Ms.Marvel' 'She is the dumbest next to ares'  'If ares is dumb then he would of figured out, etc' It got everyone irrate just like you said the 'Your the most oblivious read on the vine' If you see the comments on the topic, and see the topic title. You would understand why i wrote it. But whatever if you dont, you dont. Someone else will where others cant ^^;"
    My comment had nothing to do with the topic or how I feel about Ms.Marvel.speedlgt asked a stupid question about her that would be easily answered if he would have actually been reading Mighty Avengers like he said he does."

I give up. You have turned what was a simple statement so there was no arguements in a thread about a superhero that doesnt really get alot of credit, with some fans of marvel. It wasnt intended to be replied apon there's somethings on other forums "i understand what the people are saying, just not why there saying it"  but leave it, because there must of been a reason to Them to feel it was needed.

Back on actual subject, im getting the premier edition of ms marvel vol 5 this week (they dont release the comics singley here in Ireland where i live) so i buy the premier editions, and i have to say i like it. Also something that left me questioning from what i have read, at the moment she seems to be able to tap into some more powerful binary powers after cru had left her, does that get expanded on, or will it?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Fartster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Fartster

I like Ms. Marvel because she is so HOT!!! I wish they could make a movie with her in it.. Plus I think she is pretty smart. I also like her costume. one thing don't get is why she turned blue. Other than that, she is my favorite superhero other than Spiderman.

Fartster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fartster

Actually Erik, she did feel guilty about it. She says, "...for a long time, I

've tried to bring people to justice rather than deal justice myself. And letting him push the button was the same as pushing it myself." So ya, she did feel guilty about Puppet Master pushing the button.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Erik

She is possibly the coolest female character in Marvel right now.

Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By Baal Zak

I'd say that she's an interesting character... but I'll be lying. The truth is that she's hot :P

caption
    caption
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#72  Edited By DMC

when I think about it.....I think I respect her more than I like her....only because (IMO) Marvel is pushing her to be their Iconic Female Superhero. Now don't get me wrong I don't hate her...she's a cool character. The thing I like about her the most is her BInary powers.

sweet
    sweet
    Like Superman (as I put it) she's between a cosmic and regular "earthbound" superhero, she can pull off both. But she's gotta unleash that power a bit more often....buuut this is comics not anime :p

Though I've never seen her Binary powers in action, the red and white look with all that blaaazing power surging from her body (mainly the head) is pretty sick. But that's just me :)

Anyway I hope her solo series can survive for a few more years or even longer. She-Hulk will be canceled (in February) and I read that Ms Marvel's sales numbers were not much better....but that was a forum. I wan't going to pick her up for Dark Reign but I might reconcider.

Then again I am looking forward to the Spider-Woman solo series....she's my #1

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@DMC...Ghost Rider,Moon Knight,& Deadpool undersold She-Hulk as well and they are still going.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By John_Feaster

I hate how she's gone from being an actual hero to being a fame-hungry brute. Frome her betrayal of both the X-Men (dispite the fact that they were the only ones to help her for years before rejoining the Avengers) and Captain America, to the beating (and near exicution) on Arachne while her own daughter looked on, and ofcourse attacking (and almost killing) Rogue when she was obviously coming to her aid...well, she USED to be a hero. Now she's more like U.S.Agent in heels. 

I know what they're going for. They want to make her "Complex" and less one-dimentional. But in doing so, they've taken a once beautiful and heroic character and reduced her to the level of Tony Starks paid thug and personal leg-breaker. That's not the Carol Danvers I once knew.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    John_Feaster said:
    "   I hate how she's gone from being an actual hero to being a fame-hungry brute. Frome her betrayal of both the X-Men (dispite the fact that they were the only ones to help her for years before rejoining the Avengers) and Captain America, to the beating (and near exicution) on Arachne while her own daughter looked on, and ofcourse attacking (and almost killing) Rogue when she was obviously coming to her aid...well, she USED to be a hero. Now she's more like U.S.Agent in heels. 

I know what they're going for. They want to make her "Complex" and less one-dimentional. But in doing so, they've taken a once beautiful and heroic character and reduced her to the level of Tony Starks paid thug and personal leg-breaker. That's not the Carol Danvers I once knew."
    What are you talking about..Ms.Marvel doesn't care about fame...The stuff your talking about Ms.Marvel doing is old as hell.Ms.Marvel has her own team and barely takes orders from Iron Man anymore.
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By Calvin
    Static Shock said:
    "

Vance Astro says:

"I like Ms.Marvel because she is the classic blonde hair,blue eyes American Woman."

And, what makes it so good is that she's all natural.

Actually tall blue eyed blonds are more likely to be german than americans! Lol

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By John_Feaster

How on Earth do events as recent as the Civil War get classified as "old as hell"?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    John_Feaster said:
    "   How on Earth do events as recent as the Civil War get classified as "old as hell"?"
    Civil War was 2 years ago.You talking about stuff that happened in the beginning of Civil War too.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By John_Feaster

I'm 40 years old, and 2 years ago is pretty recent to me. Also, nothing's ever really been resolved about her actions durring the Civil War. Also, in Avengers vs. Invaders (a still ongoing title) she's still acting like quite the bully.

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Kid Crow

I decided to start reading Ms. Marvel because I'm a big fan of Heroines.  The Heroines out there in the Marvel Universe (that have their own title) just do not beat Ms. Marvel.  I must admit, there were a few times when I was real close to stopping the series, putting it all on Ebay and using the $$ to buy Wolverine trades.  But I didn't.  I stuck with her since issue 1.  And you know, Brian Reed (the writer) has been with her since issue one as well and he's cultivating her into a real character.  I love her attitude, how she related to real people, the readers, in some way.  I love the way she is developing, the fact that sh'es come to realize that her real drive in life is to fight evil, to thrive in battle, that indeed she is inherently a Warrior. (Her battle vs. the Super-Skrulls in Times Square).  I want to see more of her as Binary, to be able to turn it on and off at will.  And I like her because she's a good guy who kicks serious ass.

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Kid Crow

The BEST Ms. Marvel Image

Make Mine MS. MARVEL!

• She's hot.
    • She's tough as nails.
    • She's "human".
    • She's Cosmic.
    • She's a leader.
    • Strongest Heroine in the Marvel Universe.
    • Incredible outfit.
    • When she puts her heart and soul into action she is unbreakable.
    • Her potential as a character is limitless.

HEY, FANS!  POST YOUR FAVORITE MS. MARVEL IMAGE!

Hyperion322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#82  Edited By Hyperion322

I love the character of Ms. Marvel because she is who she is and doesn't give a cr@p about it. Tough, smart, and independent, Carol has gone through the ringer in Marvel Comics history but somehow always survived the toughest of battles, even when life continued to beat her down. Ms. Marvel is truly inspirational.

~ Hype

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    John_Feaster said:
    "   I'm 40 years old, and 2 years ago is pretty recent to me. Also, nothing's ever really been resolved about her actions durring the Civil War. Also, in Avengers vs. Invaders (a still ongoing title) she's still acting like quite the bully."
    A bully? Ms.Marvel is not a bully..she just has anger issues.She doesn't pick fights..she ends them.

GammaGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GammaGirl

I've always loved her personality.  She named her cat "chewie" and is a self-proclaimed geek.  She's the kind of woman I'd want to be if I were a superhero.

and I like her problem solving...

when things get just too damn complicated, grab somebody and have sex... it makes it all better ^^

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By SUNMAN

she is hot that is about it for me

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Erik

Thank you for reminding me about this thread Pix. I know you will start to like her now. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By pixelized

only because her name is Karla Sofen

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Erik

Bad Pix! That is the wrong Ms. Marvel. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By pixelized

That's the only one there is, the best one! She even has the best outfit!

Avatar image for sonofhercules95
    sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By sonofhercules95

I like spider-woman better

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By pixelized

Everyone does.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Erik
    pixelized said:
    "That's the only one there is, the best one! She even has the best outfit!
    "
    She has a stolen hand me down. Admittedly, I think she is extremely cool as well. 
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By pixelized
    erik said:
    "pixelized said:
    "That's the only one there is, the best one! She even has the best outfit!
    "
    She has a stolen hand me down. Admittedly, I think she is extremely cool as well. 
    "
    honestly, i really prefer it to Carol's Leotard.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Erik

You are not a fan of the thigh highs? 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By pixelized

you know those are boots?

Avatar image for sonofhercules95
    sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By sonofhercules95

When have Spider-Woman and Ms.Marvel fought each other

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Erik

Oh I know. I just thought you meant the costume as a whole. I did not think you were referring to just the leotard. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By pixelized

Lolol, no, i don't even remember her foot wear. just the leotard with the thunderbolt... gross.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Erik
    Nothing wrong with that bolt to me. :D
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By pixelized

oh look, it's eating her boobs

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.