Who wants Alicia Silverstone to play Mrs. Marvel

#2 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that would be bad idea at all. In fact I am totally onboard with her as Captain Marvel.

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Too old? Too bad an actress?

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Mrs. Marvel... XP

#5 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

Too old? Too bad an actress?

she's only 35 and she's really not that bad of an actress

#6 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#7 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

There are worse actresses out there but at the end of the day there are ALOT better actresses as well. She pretty much plays herself in everything and I think the days of her getting relevant or larger movie roles are long past. So I'd say it will never happen and isn't a very good idea, and I would bet every penny I have she couldn't pull it off anyways. Plus the way she tends to talk out of the side of her mouth drives me crazy.

#8 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (729 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Yvonne Strahovski (from Chuck), should play Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel.

#9 Posted by Enyalios (141 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Actually she is not old enough. Carol got out of the Air Force as a full bird colonel, so she has been in at least 20 years and that's generous for the rank. Means Carol is at least 42 years old or there abouts (need a college degree to be an officer, so that's 22 plus 20 years is 42). So unless she is 60, saying an actress is too old to play her really does not work.

As for Alicia Silverstone, I don't think she would work because...well, no one is going to take her seriously. Anyone who plays Carol has to be someone with a certain presence, a sense that they can lead people effectively and earn the respect of her subordinants. Don't really see that with Alicia Silverstone. She also has to be believable a female capable of hanging with people like Thor and Captain America and it would help if she looked natural when she fought. Alicia Silverstone fits none of those. Then again I hated Black Widow's fight scenes as well so hey. At least in Avengers you did not see it a lot.

#10 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enyalios: Gimme a break. The fact that DC writers don't have a clue as to how old you need to be to become a colonel doesn't actually mean she's in her forties. With the new reboot I doubt she's even more than 30.

#11 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#12 Posted by Enyalios (141 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Um, first we are talking about Marvel, not DC, no reboot has taken place, nor is one expected. Second, it was in her most recent number 1 issue (Captain Marvel 1) that she references the fact that she was a full bird colonel before she left the Air Force. Means she is about 42 and that is being nice. Most military officers who get out after 20 are majors, a full 2 pay grades below her. You can perhaps add in some comic fluff and put her in her and say that she was late 30s getting out of the Air Force, but you are not getting much younger than that.

After she got out of the Air Force she had a career in the CIA, ran around with Logan before her became Wolverine, went on a mission with Ben Grimm before he was the Thing (lets ignore that it was to infiltrate Soviet Air Space) during which she met up with Black Widow before she was an American agent (again lets ignore the fact that she was a Soviet agent at the time), after which she became the head of security for NASA. This is all before her career as a super hero begins. Her resume alone puts her well over 30.

#13 Posted by Illuminatus (9492 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't see it working out.

#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enyalios said:

@AtPhantom: Um, first we are talking about Marvel, not DC, no reboot has taken place, nor is one expected.

Yes, for some reason I thought we were talking about Carrol Ferris. In my defense I made that post before I had my coffee so I wasn't working at full steam. Apologies.

My point still stand though. Just because Marvel doesn't know how long it takes to do these things doesn't make her over forty. .

#15 Posted by Red_Robin212 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnight96000 said:

I agree

#16 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatgirl? No.

#17 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

Charlize Theron for Ms.Marvel

#18 Posted by SoA (4695 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnight96000 said:

never saw (and have no intention) of watching chuck , but Yvonne Strahovski could pull it off

#19 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Q: Who wants Alicia Silverstone to play Mrs. Marvel?

A: A fanboy from 1997.

#20 Posted by In_the_zone (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Alicia Silverstone's only decent role in a movie was Clueless, and that was her only movie.

So No to Alicia

#21 Posted by GillaDro (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Truthfully she sucks at acting

#22 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117 said:

too old

#23 Posted by GillaDro (236 posts) - - Show Bio

How old is Ms. Marvel?

#24 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no!

#25 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnight96000 said:

YES!!!

#26 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez said:

@SHAZAM117 said:

too old

Disagree. Charlize Theron would be amazing. Plus, she's played physical roles, and also roles with powers so this would be easy for her. I didn't even think of her until I read this and now, I can't imagine anyone else playing the part.

#27 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
No.
#28 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: nah she's 37, if they did sequels she would be in her 40's. Someone like Yvonne would make more sense. I think we can both agree that Silverstone should stick to feeding her kid like a bird though.

#29 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez:

lol --- okay, agreed. Thanks for reminding me of that though.

#30 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I really do not see it, based on previous roles she does not have enough of an edge to play the role, too sugar sweet and not enough backbone.

#31 Posted by In_the_zone (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody remember Batman & Robin? She did an awful job at batgirl, I dont think Clueless was the only good movie she has done. No Alicia Silverstone.

#32 Posted by spideygirl (36 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Sarah Michelle Gellar? I prefer her!!

#33 Posted by Taiya (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved her in Clueless but I don't know if she can play this role.

#34 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a bad actress and she's to busy feeding her child like a baby bird and brainwashing my wife into becoming a vegan.

#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92605 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear god, no.

Yvonne Strahovski, pls.

Moderator Online
#36 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Dear god, no.

Yvonne Strahovski, pls.

no Yvonne Strakovski.

you know according to her original origin story she was an air force major and worked at nasa. in the real world she would at least be in her early to mid 30s for that. i think Katee Sackhoff would be a good role. especially if you want a ms. marvel movie where carol gets plastered and goes through her drinking problem

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.