Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4380 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Who could play Ms. Marvel in a live-action film?

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By King Quisling
    @castleking said:
    scarlett johanson 

No Caption Provided
    Always thought she would of been a much better Ms.Marvel than Black Widow.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#152  Edited By daredevil21134

Beth Phoenix

NYStreets09e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By NYStreets09e

Honestly i would say Ali Larter would be the best person for the role, she has played a dominate Female with super human strength before (Nikki/Jessica) and i think she would be perfect for the role of carol.

Avatar image for captain_danvers
    Captain Danvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Captain Danvers
    @daredevil21134 said:
    Beth Phoenix
    Gross...Never!
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By daredevil21134

@Captain Danvers said:

@daredevil21134 said:
    Beth Phoenix
    Gross...Never!

it was a joke

Captain Danvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Captain Danvers
    @daredevil21134 said:

@Captain Danvers said:

@daredevil21134 said:
    Beth Phoenix
    Gross...Never!

it was a joke

Couldn't tell.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By Mercy_

Yvonne Strahovski.

Captain Danvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Captain Danvers
    @lykopis said:

I apologize if someone has already posted her (I didn't look through the whole thread, sorry) but this pretty lady from the WWE (I think her name is Kelly Kelly) would fit the bill. Beautiful and strong and since she's in the wrestling world - has acting on her resume, lol.

Most Wrestlers are terrible actors.Accept Dwayne Johnson.
    Captain Danvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Captain Danvers
    @lykopis said:

@Captain Danvers: very, VERY true. Now you have me thinking of Dwayne Johnson.... ;)

The Rock is awesome.
    duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#160  Edited By duchess

Ali Larter

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By duchess

@lykopis: Gracias. She could use a boob job, but otherwise she's absolutely perfect.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By duchess

@lykopis: Bombshell, chicken fillets, special effects; she's got options. I really hope it's more than wishful thinking for her to be cast.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Eyelash30 said:

Ali Larter is too vanilla of an actress for Carol Danvers. I'd vie Jamie King (Goldie of Sin City) as Ms. Marvel, provided her name was set to Warbird. Ms. Marvel is too tacky.

I'd put Charlize Theron as She-Hulk simply cuz she deserves a lighter role.

Too Vanilla? What does that mean? She's pale?
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#164  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

@castleking: She looks nice but she can't play Black Widow and Ms. Marvel.A good pick really is Charlize Theron as all of you said.

paulypaul74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By paulypaul74
    No Caption Provided

I think maybe Malin Akerman...she played the silk spectre well in the watchmen and she kicked ass.......i agree with Ali Larter too..i have a few others like nicky whelan (an australian actress)..yvonne strahovski...the big question is though are there talks that she is going to be added to the avengers rooster..i personally dont think it would be complete without her..to me she is a main avengers character!!!

Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Thirteen13

Katee Sackhoff

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By UltraBiel

Am I the only one who thinks these actress needs more muscles to play Miss Marvel? I mean, in her second volume she was pretty muscular, so in movies she has to be at least bigger than Black widow...

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By sunhawk

Katee Sackhoff. Blonde tough convincing alcoholic

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Gonzo33

If she was a bit older, I'd like to see Amber Heard as Ms.Marvel!

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Tricia helfer or as a dark horse Erica durance.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#171  Edited By JonesDeini

@Static Shock: Exactly where I was going to go. Her or Uma Thurmon

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#172  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    I feel that Ali Larter would be amazing for the role.
    Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Thirteen13

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Tricia helfer or as a dark horse Erica durance.

I was going to include Tricia Helfer as a suggest along with Katee Sackhoff as she is an attractive and more mature lady, but I think she's getting a little too old now to play the role. Not exactly a Ms. Marvel fan, but alot of the suggestions seem to be for women that seem a little young and lacking in physical build to play Ms. Marvel as I thought she was in her 30's and had an impressive and somewhat muscular figure.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Bo88gdan

Kaley Cuoco ftw 

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#175  Edited By RedQueen

@Static Shock said:

Well, even though a movie like this isn't likely to be made, I can hope, can't I? LOL

Charlize Theron could do it.

I think Charlize Theron would be perfect for Ms Marvel (has been my choice for ageess) - btw is a Ms Marvel film happening/ not happening?

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#176  Edited By PisciumCroix

@UltraBiel: Okay, I know this blog started a while ago, and has been going on a while, but yeah, some muscle mass/tone would be a must to play a super hero vet, like Ms. Mavel!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#177  Edited By fodigg

Ms. Marvel would not be a tough role to fill. I mean, seriously, where oh where will Hollywood find a good looking blonde? The difficulty!

I'd prefer her to have muscle tone and be able to act, other than that, well, whatever hollywood. I'll take what you can give me. Ali Larter wouldn't be bad. She's done a successful "strong female" character with her original Heroes character, and if she was willing to hit the gym I think it'd be a good mix.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#178  Edited By Mercy_

Ali Larter or Yvonne Strahovski. I'd personally like to see Larter play Sharon Carter, though.

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By PisciumCroix

@Bo88gdan: LoL, on the Kaley Cuoco! I think shes a cutie! Way to voice ur opinion, buddy!

I actually would like to see her in a Super Girl outfit ^_^

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By FearTheLiving

@The Englander said:

No Caption Provided

Was thinking of the same person.

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By PisciumCroix

@Mercy_: U know what, i agree w/that, in fact, based on what ive seen, i think the Sharon Carter idea would work better for Larter.

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By PisciumCroix

@fodigg: Yeah, the body of the actress is a big thing for me, too, and if Larter can get the look of some one who looks like they can throw a punch, and fill-out the Ms. M outfit, than more power to her.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#183  Edited By fodigg

@PisciumCroix: "filling out the outfit" isn't really a priority to me. As long as she looks good in the outfit, I don't need her to be "buxom". I don't see that as a defining part of Carol Danvers, unlike some female heroes. Kind of like how Batman doesn't necessarily need to be over-muscled. He is a lot of the time, but it's not necessarily iconic to the character. (Compare the super-huge Batman from the Arkham Asylum series of games to the relatively thin one we get in a lot of the animated Batman.)

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By PisciumCroix

For the actresses who i think could play her, I feel like there has been many good and interesting ideas here. I agree that Charlize Theron is a good choice (maybe the best choice as far as look and experience goes).

I saw someone point out Rebecca Alie Romijn, and I think that is actually another good/interesting idea, and it would be the 1st time Marvel casted the same actor twice for two main roles in two big movies and a there sequels! With Chris Evans playing both Fantastic Four's and F4 2's Johnny Storm aswell as Captain America's, Avengers's, and probably Avengers 2's Steve Rogers. Now i understand continuing to cast him after the initial choice to have him in star in Avengers, but the fact that they did that is telling. His face is clearly obvious which is part of the illusion lost from his character, whereas Romijn was decked out head to toe in not only full blue, but a stylized version of the comic character, with a entirely different haircut (short orange, slicked-back hair); she looked completely different. She has a good look about her features that I think would work, one of those features is her jawline; it reminds me of the style of art that Rebekah Issacs brought to Ms. Marvel. A similar facial feature carried by Elisabeth Rohm, that i think looks right, but her age is starting to fly... but back to Romijn, she has the experience, w/out a doubt on playing in Marvel films, as she's been in three of them, plus a cameo of the most recent X-Men film, i think, so as far as a balance of both the look and the experience goes, she's a top pic for me!

Some one mentioned Elisha Cuthbert, but she looks more like a Super Girl to me… there i s something too "delicate" about her. I think some one also mentioned Laura Vandervoort, she's very pretty, but she seems the same as Cuthbert, too "delicate", and fits the Super Girl role. As for Yvonne Strahovski, I haven't watched anything w/her in it, but she is also very pretty, and if she can act the strong-woman role, and punch guys out w/conviction, than i say "Why not!?". She also looks a lot like the Mark Newman slideshow statue of Ms. Marvel (which has got me thinking...)

Tricia Helfer's got some supernatural-role experience, and looks good in flowing-blonde hair, as well as Ali Larter w/ Heroes (honestly, I'm not really a fan of her look, though), and Jessica Biel, w/ Blade Trinity though, I don't recall ever seeing her w/ blonde hair, but she has got to have the most filled-out, as in muscle build, that ive seen on any of the other woman mentioned; she actually put the work in to build muscle, and it shows! It's not "too much" muscle, which i don't think we'd have a problem w/ pertaining to any of these actresses, but the muscle she does have has form, and curve, and it would look good in a tight outfit!

With all that said, as long as the actress can act the strong-woman role, and superhero presence, pull off the blonde-hair, and get a Jessica Biel-like body (by that i mean get relatively in shape for the role), i'd say, we'd be in business!! :D

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#185  Edited By RedQueen

@PisciumCroix said:

For the actresses who i think could play her, I feel like there has been many good and interesting ideas here. I agree that Charlize Theron is a good choice (maybe the best choice as far as look and experience goes).

I saw someone point out Rebecca Alie Romijn, and I think that is actually another good/interesting idea, and it would be the 1st time Marvel casted the same actor twice for two main roles in two big movies and a there sequels! With Chris Evans playing both Fantastic Four's and F4 2's Johnny Storm aswell as Captain America's, Avengers's, and probably Avengers 2's Steve Rogers. Now i understand continuing to cast him after the initial choice to have him in star in Avengers, but the fact that they did that is telling. His face is clearly obvious which is part of the illusion lost from his character, whereas Romijn was decked out head to toe in not only full blue, but a stylized version of the comic character, with a entirely different haircut (short orange, slicked-back hair); she looked completely different. She has a good look about her features that I think would work, one of those features is her jawline; it reminds me of the style of art that Rebekah Issacs brought to Ms. Marvel. A similar facial feature carried by Elisabeth Rohm, that i think looks right, but her age is starting to fly... but back to Romijn, she has the experience, w/out a doubt on playing in Marvel films, as she's been in three of them, plus a cameo of the most recent X-Men film, i think, so as far as a balance of both the look and the experience goes, she's a top pic for me!

Some one mentioned Elisha Cuthbert, but she looks more like a Super Girl to me… there i s something too "delicate" about her. I think some one also mentioned Laura Vandervoort, she's very pretty, but she seems the same as Cuthbert, too "delicate", and fits the Super Girl role. As for Yvonne Strahovski, I haven't watched anything w/her in it, but she is also very pretty, and if she can act the strong-woman role, and punch guys out w/conviction, than i say "Why not!?". She also looks a lot like the Mark Newman slideshow statue of Ms. Marvel (which has got me thinking...)

Tricia Helfer's got some supernatural-role experience, and looks good in flowing-blonde hair, as well as Ali Larter w/ Heroes (honestly, I'm not really a fan of her look, though), and Jessica Biel, w/ Blade Trinity though, I don't recall ever seeing her w/ blonde hair, but she has got to have the most filled-out, as in muscle build, that ive seen on any of the other woman mentioned; she actually put the work in to build muscle, and it shows! It's not "too much" muscle, which i don't think we'd have a problem w/ pertaining to any of these actresses, but the muscle she does have has form, and curve, and it would look good in a tight outfit!

With all that said, as long as the actress can act the strong-woman role, and superhero presence, pull off the blonde-hair, and get a Jessica Biel-like body (by that i mean get relatively in shape for the role), i'd say, we'd be in business!! :D

Problem is is that once they've been cast as another similar character (superhero / villain) I find it hard to picture them as anyone else. Strangely, this wasn't the case with Chris Evans or Ryan Reynolds, but I can imagine with Laura Vandervoort, for example, she'll always look like Supergirl. I can't really imagine Ali Larter as Ms Marvel, or Rebecca Romijn. But for all the others; yes, I would be fine with them being cast.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By TheGodofThunder

yvonne strahovski...nuff said.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By TheHeat

Charlize Theron played a Ms. Marvel-esque character in Hancock. She definitely has my vote.

v1z4rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By v1z4rd

tough one

sexy yet elegant and middle aged

ali larter+fake boobs OR angelina jolie (hate myself, also flatter than required) OR younger sharon stone OR older elisha cuthbert OR extra acting lessons megan fox OR losethecheaks arielle kebbel AND Maybe kathryn morris

i'm horrible, i know

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Yvonne Strahovski!!!!

v1z4rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By v1z4rd

no, just not the m.e. miranda :P

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#191  Edited By Night Thrasher

I think Jessica Biel would be a good choice

No Caption Provided
    FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By FanteFun

WOW scared me I though an actual movie was announced

nonecesario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By nonecesario

Venezuelan actress Marjorie De Sousa could play Miss Marvel, she lives in Miami

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    RioBravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By RioBravo

Yvonne Strahovski is the perfect choice to play Ms Marvel.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Static Shock said:

Well, even though a movie like this isn't likely to be made, I can hope, can't I? LOL

Charlize Theron could do it.

Yep.

thespis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By thespis

Katee Sackhoff is and always will be Carol Danvers in my mind.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Guardiandevil83

ANA FARIS!

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By PisciumCroix

@Guardiandevil83: That was too hilarious XD

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@PisciumCroix said:

@Guardiandevil83: That was too hilarious XD

I know. lol

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By TheWolverine04

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.