Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4389 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Where is Ms Marvel now?

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By KDarkholme

Can someone tell me where Ms Marvel is and what she is doing at this point and time. Plz.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Currently she's with the New Avengers and that's about it for her at the moment.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MrUnknown
    @KDarkholme: She's clashing with the original Batgirl.
    KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KDarkholme

Ok guys thanks so much.
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

Yeah I don't know what happened but she went from the biggest thing in Marvel just just another New Avenger.  I love Carol tons but shes kinda dropped from the limelight a bit lately.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KDarkholme

@Gold Dust Boi
    Damn that sucks. They are slipping.

Tempest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Tempest55

I just purchased an Essential Mrs. Marvel copy, I was wondering too where she was now too.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Blame it all on Dark Reign... her solo series was going strong until they decided to replace Carol with Karla and it was plainly obvious to everyone except Quesada that the writer did not want to write Karla. So the whole thing went down hill and by the time Carol came back it was already to late so they try to salvage it with a fake Captain Marvel and her facing Mystique.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

@Nova`Prime` said:

Blame it all on Dark Reign... her solo series was going strong until they decided to replace Carol with Karla and it was plainly obvious to everyone except Quesada that the writer did not want to write Karla. So the whole thing went down hill and by the time Carol came back it was already to late so they try to salvage it with a fake Captain Marvel and her facing Mystique.

Good points.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @PowerHerc said:

Good points.

Thank you, they are the only ones I have ;)
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

@Nova`Prime` said:

@PowerHerc said:

Good points.

Naturally.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @PowerHerc said:

@Nova`Prime` said:

@PowerHerc said:

Good points.

Naturally.

But where are my manners, I forgot to thank you for pointing out my good point.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

@Nova`Prime`: You're quite welcome.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13  Edited By lorex

I happened to like her title but the whole Dark Reign slant really screwed up that title. I don't think she gets the attention her abilities and experience warrants. When this latest batch of Avengers titles was launched she should have been with the main Avengers team (Iron man, Thor and Captain America) or having a leading role in the New  Avengers. Not that she doesn't appear but she should have more "on screen time". Honestly I think this is a case where the creative staff have really dropped the ball. She is a heavy hitter with experience an know how and should be used that way.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KDarkholme
    @lorex said:

I happened to like her title but the whole Dark Reign slant really screwed up that title. I don't think she gets the attention her abilities and experience warrants. When this latest batch of Avengers titles was launched she should have been with the main Avengers team (Iron man, Thor and Captain America) or having a leading role in the New  Avengers. Not that she doesn't appear but she should have more "on screen time". Honestly I think this is a case where the creative staff have really dropped the ball. She is a heavy hitter with experience an know how and should be used that way.

I could not agree more.
    KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KDarkholme

Those were good points Nova`Prime`&PowerHerc. Nice banter too. Lol
    Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jetshade
    @KDarkholme said:
    @lorex said:

I could not agree more.

I will third that. And I blame this guy for reducing Ms Marvel's role from being Marvel's premiere heroine to being just another Avenger. Bendis is well-known for having a hard-on for Spider-Woman and has been pushing for her to be Marvel's premiere heroine for some time now. Notice Spider-Woman's prominence in practically everything Bendis does for Marvel. Apparently he believes Marvel's top hero/heroine should both be spider-themed. I have nothing against Spider-Woman, but I hate when a writer has such influence that he's able to dictate his taste in characters on an entire publisher like this. 

Bendis also writes New Avengers (the only comic Ms Marvel currently appears in), and I don't think it's a coincidence that Ms Marvel has been nothing but a punching bag for supervillains throughout the title's run. He has really been pissing me off. 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Jetshade said:
    @KDarkholme said:
    @lorex said:

I could not agree more.

I will third that. And I blame this guy for reducing Ms Marvel's role from being Marvel's premiere heroine to being just another Avenger. Bendis is well-known for having a hard-on for Spider-Woman and has been pushing for her to be Marvel's premiere heroine for some time now. Notice Spider-Woman's prominence in practically everything Bendis does for Marvel. Apparently he believes Marvel's top hero/heroine should both be spider-themed. I have nothing against Spider-Woman, but I hate when a writer has such influence that he's able to dictate his taste in characters on an entire publisher like this.   Bendis also writes New Avengers (the only comic Ms Marvel currently appears in), and I don't think it's a coincidence that Ms Marvel has been nothing but a punching bag for supervillains throughout the title's run. He has really been pissing me off. 
    Not to mention while Ms. Marvel's running around doing really nothing in New Avengers, Spider-Woman is living it up in Avengers Tower on the Avengers....great job at not picking favorites Bendis.... -__-
    Tempest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tempest55

What would you guys recommend for a new reader to pick up about Mrs. Marvel, any TPB's or story arcs specifically?

zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zerophyte
    @Tempest55 said:
    What would you guys recommend for a new reader to pick up about Mrs. Marvel, any TPB's or story arcs specifically?
    Its Ms. Marvel , not Mrs. Marvel
    Tempest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tempest55
    @zerophyte said:

@Tempest55 said:

Its Ms. Marvel , not Mrs. Marvel
    All right sweet, thanks a lot. I'll look it up at my local comic store, I hope they aren't sold out of that. Appreciate the advice :P
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

She is with the New Avengers now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.