Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4380 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Where is Ms. Marvel????

kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

Edited By kingoftheworld

She has been seen in one panel of each issue of New Avengers (vol. 2) has anyone else seen her? 
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I agree where has she been 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I think the real question is why is she in the New Avengers at all?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

I don;t think they know what to do with her but they want her as a heavy hitter on that team.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " I don;t think they know what to do with her but they want her as a heavy hitter on that team. "
    What does that make Luke and Thing then? Okay sure, Luke can be "the leader". But what about the Thing? Honestly I think you're right, Ms. Marvel has the potential to be one of Marvel's biggest female characters, hitting up there with others like Storm and Invisible Woman, but instead they've let Bendis throw her to the side and could care less about the character.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @War Killer said:
    " @PrinceIMC said:
    " I don;t think they know what to do with her but they want her as a heavy hitter on that team. "
    What does that make Luke and Thing then? Okay sure, Luke can be "the leader". But what about the Thing? Honestly I think you're right, Ms. Marvel has the potential to be one of Marvel's biggest female characters, hitting up there with others like Storm and Invisible Woman, but instead they've let Bendis throw her to the side and could care less about the character. "

Luke and Thing are strong and durable but Carol's also got flight, energy absorption and energy blasts. That's what they need her for, but like I said they just don't know what to do with her in that team.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Shadowdoggy

yeah, where HAS she been? 
    I miss seeing her every month in a solo title and on New Avengers 
    I'm going through Danvers withdrawl
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @PrinceIMC said:
    What does that make Luke and Thing then? Okay sure, Luke can be "the leader". But what about the Thing? Honestly I think you're right, Ms. Marvel has the potential to be one of Marvel's biggest female characters, hitting up there with others like Storm and Invisible Woman, but instead they've let Bendis throw her to the side and could care less about the character. "
    Luke and Thing are strong and durable but Carol's also got flight, energy absorption and energy blasts. That's what they need her for, but like I said they just don't know what to do with her in that team. "
    I can understand that, but for flight they do have Jessica Jones. But really this team seems to be more into handling street-level threats while the main Avengers deal with the bigger super-human threats. So really they don't need that much in the heavy hitter's department. Personally I believe Ms. Marvel in on this team is because Bendis wanted his Spider-Woman on the main team when in truth she should be on the New Avengers (and hey, look at that, she has energy blasts as well, go figure.) while Ms. Marvel would make more sense in being on the main team.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    I can understand that, but for flight they do have Jessica Jones. But really this team seems to be more into handling street-level threats while the main Avengers deal with the bigger super-human threats. So really they don't need that much in the heavy hitter's department. Personally I believe Ms. Marvel in on this team is because Bendis wanted his Spider-Woman on the main team when in truth she should be on the New Avengers (and hey, look at that, she has energy blasts as well, go figure.) while Ms. Marvel would make more sense in being on the main team. "
    This is probably true.Bendis obviously favors Spider-Woman.All the Avengers teams are mismatched though.It seems like Bendis picked his teams and then Brubaker got the leftovers.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    I can understand that, but for flight they do have Jessica Jones. But really this team seems to be more into handling street-level threats while the main Avengers deal with the bigger super-human threats. So really they don't need that much in the heavy hitter's department. Personally I believe Ms. Marvel in on this team is because Bendis wanted his Spider-Woman on the main team when in truth she should be on the New Avengers (and hey, look at that, she has energy blasts as well, go figure.) while Ms. Marvel would make more sense in being on the main team. "
    This is probably true.Bendis obviously favors Spider-Woman.All the Avengers teams are mismatched though.It seems like Bendis picked his teams and then Brubaker got the leftovers. "
    Well at least Brubaker's team actually make a little more sense since most of the members have dealt in that line of work before and have experience. But I do agree with the team's rosters being messed up, I mean why is Red Hulk on the Avengers again? Oh because they need a Hulk on the team? What about that green guy who....Oh, Bendis just wanted another Sentry? Okay, yeah, that makes total sense now! -__-
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    This is probably true.Bendis obviously favors Spider-Woman.All the Avengers teams are mismatched though.It seems like Bendis picked his teams and then Brubaker got the leftovers. "
    Well at least Brubaker's team actually make a little more sense since most of the members have dealt in that line of work before and have experience. But I do agree with the team's rosters being messed up, I mean why is Red Hulk on the Avengers again? Oh because they need a Hulk on the team? What about that green guy who....Oh, Bendis just wanted another Sentry? Okay, yeah, that makes total sense now! -__- "
    Bendis has really been milking the shock value gimmick.He never does it right either.The last 3 Marvel events got my hopes up for nothing.The ending of Siege wasn't surprising at all.It's EXACTLY what I expected and it was poorly written on top of that.Red Hulk on the Avengers is awful.There are tons of Avengers with nowhere to go out there.Still pisses me off what he did with Echo.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc
    @War Killer said:
    "I think the real question is why is she in the New Avengers at all? "

She's there as the 'Hot chick" on the team even though she has a lot more to offer as a character. 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Well at least Brubaker's team actually make a little more sense since most of the members have dealt in that line of work before and have experience. But I do agree with the team's rosters being messed up, I mean why is Red Hulk on the Avengers again? Oh because they need a Hulk on the team? What about that green guy who....Oh, Bendis just wanted another Sentry? Okay, yeah, that makes total sense now! -__- "
    Bendis has really been milking the shock value gimmick.He never does it right either.The last 3 Marvel events got my hopes up for nothing.The ending of Siege wasn't surprising at all.It's EXACTLY what I expected and it was poorly written on top of that.Red Hulk on the Avengers is awful.There are tons of Avengers with nowhere to go out there.Still pisses me off what he did with Echo. "
    Didn't she pop up in New Avengers for like one panel recently?

But I agree, Bendis just needs to leave the Avengers all together and just except his time on the book is over, let a new writer have they're take on the team for once again instead of hogging the series to himself.....
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    Didn't she pop up in New Avengers for like one panel recently?  But I agree, Bendis just needs to leave the Avengers all together and just except his time on the book is over, let a new writer have they're take on the team for once again instead of hogging the series to himself..... "
    Yea...Cage and Jessica needed a babysitter and they had a panel full of people auditioning for the job.One of them was Echo..her quote was "You know I used to be on this f#ckin team".It was a funny joke but at the same time it's insensitive to people who actually like the character and as the guy who has written alot of books for her.I can't see why he doesn't realize that people are annoyed by building up a character only to have them disappear and not explain where they are.He's writing too much.I would love to have seen Dan Slott write New Avengers.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro: Slott's Mighty Avengers was one of the best Avengers books we've had in a long time. Really I'd love it if he take over the Avengers while also still writing ASM!

But I agree with Bendis doing to much, I heard he was going to be leaving the book soon,  and with his new MK series coming out, I hope he does.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro: Slott's Mighty Avengers was one of the best Avengers books we've had in a long time. Really I'd love it if he take over the Avengers while also still writing ASM! 
    Completely agreed.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceIMC

Oh that's true. Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel should swap. But then you'd have Jessica Drew and Jessica Jones on the same team and it might explode.
    kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By kingoftheworld

Marvel makes a big show of how they want their female characters used but acutally dont use them at all. When was the last time a girl kicked ass in a comic? 

and did anybody actually read "Girl Comics" "Her-oes"  or any of their other " look we write comics with females in them" bull shit books.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " Oh that's true. Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel should swap. But then you'd have Jessica Drew and Jessica Jones on the same team and it might explode. "
    They've worked together before and not as Spider-Woman and Jewel but as Jessica Jones and Jessica Drew.
    CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I think the bigger question is Where is Waldo? But seriously Marvel needs to give her some respect and give her something to do, she's not just another pretty face. (she says that in MUA2)

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @PrinceIMC said:
    " Oh that's true. Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel should swap. But then you'd have Jessica Drew and Jessica Jones on the same team and it might explode. "
    They've worked together before and not as Spider-Woman and Jewel but as Jessica Jones and Jessica Drew. "

True but that was when they were both retired superheroes working together as private eyes but now they're formerely retired superheroes who became superheroes again. I'm one of the people though that believe that Jessica Jones was created because he wasn't allowed to use Jessica Drew so can't help but see the similarities.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @PowerHerc said:
    "She's there as the 'Hot chick" on the team even though she has a lot more to offer as a character.  "
    QFT

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.