Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4389 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Where do you want to see Ms. Marvel go in the next 6 - 12 issues?

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kid Crow
    I'm a big fan of Ms. Marvel, been reading her since issue 1.  At times I feel writer Brian Reed, who has also been with her since issue 1, is not progressing her fast enough.  Though indeed he is progressing her and doing a fine job, I want to see her really shake the Marvel Universe.  I want to see her able to turn on and off her Binary Power or at least use it more often.  I want her to continue with her drive at being a Warrior, one who thrives in the fight, like she did against the Super-Skrulls.  I want her fighting more super-villians of a higher caliber.  Will she still lead the Avengers team?  I hope so.  Tell me your thoughts.  Let's chat!
    Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kid Crow
    Make Mine Ms. Marvel
    Make Mine Ms. Marvel
    methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By methias

As long as she stays an important character and he doesn't completely screw things up, I'm pretty much fine with whatever Brian wants to do. I talked to him when her current series was at about #18, and he seemed like he really wanted to do a good job with her and try to keep her fans happy. Personally, I'm still just rejoicing in her getting a new series, it took WAY too long.

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kid Crow
    Right.  Hercharacter has soooo much potential.  Let's hope Marvel does it right.
    Avatar image for king_of_hearts_11987
    King of Hearts 11987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The should just make Carol more powerful and get rid of the Binary thing.

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kid Crow
    I agree with making her more powerful.  But lets explore the Binary a bit more, I say.  I want to see her fight solo more formidable opponents, too.
    caption
    caption

Class Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Class Clown

ive said it before and ill say it again....PHOENIX!!!! =P
    id also want to see her duke it out with Storm, Supergirl (crossover), and Starfire (crossover)
    id also like her to take lead of the Avengers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Class Clown said:
    "ive said it before and ill say it again....PHOENIX!!!! =P
    id also want to see her duke it out with Storm, Supergirl (crossover), and Starfire (crossover)
    id also like her to take lead of the Avengers"
    If she becomes the Phoenix..which I doubt can happen.I will never read Ms.Marvel again.That is the worst idea since Gargan becoming Venom.
    If Ms.Marvel fights Storm..which I doubt because Storm is one of her only friends who aren't just pretending to be her friend in her face and then talking sh#t behind her back,I would be pissed because you know Ms.Marvel would easily beat her so they would have to fudge it.
    Leading the Avengers...Now that's not going to happen.
    Class Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Class Clown
    Vance Astro said:
    "Class Clown said:
    If she becomes the Phoenix..which I doubt can happen.I will never read Ms.Marvel again.That is the worst idea since Gargan becoming Venom.
    If Ms.Marvel fights Storm..which I doubt because Storm is one of her only friends who aren't just pretending to be her friend in her face and then talking sh#t behind her back,I would be pissed because you know Ms.Marvel would easily beat her so they would have to fudge it.
    "
    1-not becoming the Phoenix....fighting her (Jean)
    2-thts true
    3-why not?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Class Clown said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Class Clown said:
    "
    2-thts true
    3-why not?"
    1.That's even worse..she has no chance against Jean.
    2.Yup
    3.What team is she going to lead..she's not a Mighty Avenger any more and the team she is on...Cap & Cage will probably be fighting for leadership.
    Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kid Crow
    Why wouldn't Ms. Marvel lead the New Avengers?  I truly hope so.  Looks like the new Cap will...but no idea why since he is still fairly new to the scene and has never been part of a large group, nevermind leading one.
    caption
    caption

Class Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Class Clown
    Vance Astro said:
    "Class Clown said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Class Clown said:
    "
    2-thts true
    3-why not?"
    1.That's even worse..she has no chance against Jean.
    2.Yup
    3.What team is she going to lead..she's not a Mighty Avenger any more and the team she is on...Cap & Cage will probably be fighting for leadership.
    "
    with Binary and if she becomes powerful (which i hope she does) then it may be a good fight
    &i agree w.Kid Crow, Caps new. if anythingitll be btwn. Cage and Ms. Marvel
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Kid Crow said:
    "Why wouldn't Ms. Marvel lead the New Avengers?  I truly hope so.  Looks like the new Cap will...but no idea why since he is still fairly new to the scene and has never been part of a large group, nevermind leading one.
    The better question is why WOULD Ms.Marvel be the leader.She led one team her entire life.It's not going to happen.Captain America himself trusted Cage to take over and lead them and Bucky is the new Cap...if anyone will be the leader..it's not going to be a newcomer to the team that had been trying to arrest them.
    Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kid Crow
    Points taken, but ammends will be made, not to mention she has a little history of letting some of the New Avengers "fugitives" go when she could have arrested them.  I just want to see her become a leader.  It probably will be Cage or Cap (because of his symbolic nature).
    j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By j0k3rm4n
    Kid Crow said:
    "Points taken, but ammends will be made, not to mention she has a little history of letting some of the New Avengers "fugitives" go when she could have arrested them.  I just want to see her become a leader.  It probably will be Cage or Cap (because of his symbolic nature)."
    Yeah, it seems that Cage or Cap will surely keep leading roles in New Avengers...but my bets are all for Cage, since Bendis got some kind of weird fascination about him somehow...but let me make myself clear that I don't think he's a bad character or something like that. I just hope Carol will get some opportunity to lead the team in a particular situation as well...after all, she's made things with Norman Osborn pretty personal with the whole "Ascension" situation going on...

By the way, Kid Crow, what are your thoughts about Ms. Marvel's current story arc - "Secret Agent Carol Danvers"?
    Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kid Crow

Hi, Jokerman.  At first I was disappointed, since it was dealing with her past and ot progressing the character forward.  I thought that it was just "filler", so to speak.  I did like how Brian Reed portrayed her toughness.  He really poured it on, how tough and resilient she is as a character.  Now, the last part, Issue 34, was very interesting.  Why she had to hide her powers, I can only guess that she didn't want the people she was attacking to know their were super-powers involved (no idea, really).  But I'm sure theres a good reason for it.  I liked the hint that Spiderman got a date with her and possible future couple.  That would be very interesting.  And I must say I really like the fact that she's becoming much, much tougher in attitude and action.  Shewas actually going to blow that guys head off if it wasn't for Spidey intervening!  I want to see her with this attitude fighting super-villians of a higher caliber.

j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By j0k3rm4n
    Kid Crow said:
    "Hi, Jokerman.  At first I was disappointed, since it was dealing with her past and ot progressing the character forward.  I thought that it was just "filler", so to speak.  I did like how Brian Reed portrayed her toughness.  He really poured it on, how tough and resilient she is as a character.  Now, the last part, Issue 34, was very interesting.  Why she had to hide her powers, I can only guess that she didn't want the people she was attacking to know their were super-powers involved (no idea, really).  But I'm sure theres a good reason for it.  I liked the hint that Spiderman got a date with her and possible future couple.  That would be very interesting.  And I must say I really like the fact that she's becoming much, much tougher in attitude and action.  Shewas actually going to blow that guys head off if it wasn't for Spidey intervening!  I want to see her with this attitude fighting super-villians of a higher caliber."
    My thoughts exactly...Ms. Marvel #34 really opened up interesting possibilties for future story arcs, and thus, I hope Brian Reed will be able to develop the character further into the bigger roles in Marvel Universe by using them wisely.

But the thing that is really making me itch to know more about is Ms. Marvel #35. The official synopsis for it is:
    "A mass suicide by a branch of the Church of Hala has claimed the lives of twenty families. With Captain Marvel gone, Carol Danvers investigates this tragedy performed in his name, putting her directly in the path of would be Captain Marvel replacement: Noh Varr."

Appearently, they will make a pause for the "Ascension" story arc...or will they? I'm really intrigued by the way Carol could handle someone like Noh Varr (now under Osborn's payroll, since he's been confirmed as a member of the Dark Avengers) without using her powers, if Reed decided to keep it under the continuity of the "Dark Reign" timeline.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By John Valentine

I want Marvel to do an issue about her weekly trip the the supermarket.

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kid Crow

Jokerman, whats with her not using her powers?  Ans what character is Noh-Varr in the Dark Avengers?  Did you read the Dark Reign one-shot?  I believe the guy behind the door that shook everyone up was The Void aka Sentry but in Void form.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The WeatherMan

I don't care where she goes, as long as there is more sexy art!!! God, she is so friggin HOT!

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kid Crow

Lol, yeah she is.

caption
    caption
    j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By j0k3rm4n
    The WeatherMan said:
    "I don't care where she goes, as long as there is more sexy art!!! God, she is so friggin HOT!"
    Word!
    j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By j0k3rm4n
    Kid Crow said:
    "Jokerman, whats with her not using her powers?  Ans what character is Noh-Varr in the Dark Avengers?  Did you read the Dark Reign one-shot?  I believe the guy behind the door that shook everyone up was The Void aka Sentry but in Void form."
    Noh Varr is supposed to...let's say...don Captain Marvel's mantle from now on. He is known as Marvel Boy, a Kree that came from another dimension and ended up stuck to Marvel Universe 616's Earth. But the real bad thing about him is he will probably be one of the guys controlled by Osborn to serve people justice the way he sees it. And since "Ascension" has certainly something to do between Osborn and this Rashid guy, it would be no surprise that Osborn could send one of his "henchmen" after Carol in order to stop her.

With the whole story between Carol and Mar-Vell, I guess it would be interesting to see what she will do against a man that should be responsible to carry on with Mar-Vell's legacy.

And yeah...the Sentry in the Void form was something else, wasn't it? Weird thing is him being seemingly normal in all of those "Dark Reign" solicitations...but we can count on the rule that says things are not always what they look like, huh?
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The WeatherMan

Her thies are like Godly!!! OMG! SMTYEMNDYEujkagsduygbfajlkwgefuaywe!!!!!! I think I'm going to faint...

j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By j0k3rm4n

And let me say my theories could be wrong as hell too...after all, I'm just guessing how things will be after those "Dark Reign" tie-ins.

And hey, Kid Crow, could that "Carol Danvers-Warbird-alternative realtiy" person (remember?) be trouble again some time, in your opinion? A new encounter between her and Carol would certainly be something else as well.

caption
    caption
    Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kid Crow

I will be very interesting, to see what happens within the Dark reign series.  I'm looking forward to it.  As for Warbird (because she does indeed consider herself Warbird), it's a difficult situation to have a clone of the main character still here in 616. I suppose she's locked away somewhere but for her to come back...it should be as an ally or something.  What if they worked together?  That would be cool to me.  Otherwise the storyline is too predictable.  Power-struggle fight.  One wins.  Maybe have her  have her own series, WARBIRD.  Ohmygod...is THIS the one who looks like the old-school Ms. Marvel in the Dark Avengers?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ms.Marvel killled Warbird.

j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By j0k3rm4n
    Kid Crow said:
    "I will be very interesting, to see what happens within the Dark reign series.  I'm looking forward to it.  As for Warbird (because she does indeed consider herself Warbird), it's a difficult situation to have a clone of the main character still here in 616. I suppose she's locked away somewhere but for her to come back...it should be as an ally or something.  What if they worked together?  That would be cool to me.  Otherwise the storyline is too predictable.  Power-struggle fight.  One wins.  Maybe have her  have her own series, WARBIRD.  Ohmygod...is THIS the one who looks like the old-school Ms. Marvel in the Dark Avengers?"
    Just what I was thinking about...it's possible, but most of people think she's actually Moonstone (from Thunderbolts) in Ms. Marvel's old-school costume.
    And I don't think this Warbird person is dead..., by reading Ms. Marvel v2 #10 again, it seems to me SHIELD(?) stabilized her and took her into custody. So, nothing would stop Osborn to take over all of SHIELD's business and get this alternate Carol to fight under his orders at the promise of letting 616's Carol for her to chase after.
    Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kid Crow

Exactly.  Warbird didn't die.  She's in custody.  Sucks to be her, I tell you.  Ok, ok...I want to get back to the forum title...what direction do you want to see Ms. Marvel go in the next year?
    Me, I want to see her more battle-focused.  I want to see new fights where she beats the hell out of her opponent, close to death.  This is the new Carol I want ot see.  Battle-focused and intense...but as an honest warrior.  She is smart, focused and intense.  She isnt messing around anymore.  Maybe this gets her into some trouble.  This is one idea I had, a general concept.

caption
    caption

j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By j0k3rm4n

It would be nice to see Carol getting more in touch with the warrior side of hers and being battle-focused, taking the fight back to the people who have wronged her. After all, for everything she's been through recently, she might as well find the opportunity to kick more bad guys' asses. There will be a dark, scary world for superheroes during this "Dark Reign" situation, so I guess it'll be really the right time for Carol to fight intesively and bravely, just the way she is supposed to be.

And hey, this thing with Namor could be great too, especially since he's now a member of the "IllumiNaughty". By the way, Kid Crow, what comic will that cover art you found be from?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Kid Crow said:
    "Where do you want to see Ms. Marvel go in the next 6 - 12 issues?"
    A nude beach.

I saw some people saying "make her more powerful." I say no. I hate it when characters get augmented, especially for no reason other than "they can be."
    Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Deathshroud
    Kid Crow said:
    "Lol, yeah she is.
    caption
    caption
    "
    im so coloring this tonight .
    j0k3rm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By j0k3rm4n
    DEADPOOL said:
    "Kid Crow said:
    "Where do you want to see Ms. Marvel go in the next 6 - 12 issues?"
    A nude beach.

I saw some people saying "make her more powerful." I say no. I hate it when characters get augmented, especially for no reason other than "they can be.""
    Yeah, dude!
    There's no doubt a really interesting story could be made out of it....something like "Ms. Marvel's Wild Day Off", lol!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.