Thoughts on the Art So Far?

#1 Posted by Lea_Drago (310 posts) - - Show Bio

What do y'all think of the art in her book so far? It took me a while to get into it, but I kind of love it.

#2 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the artwork, but as I said elsewhere, I feel it's unfitting for the book. Seems more proper in a post-apocalyptic or horror setting.

I confess that I'd probably have a better opinion of it if it wasn't so drastically different from the cover art, though. I know it's not uncommon for comic books to do that, but "Captain Marvel" is pretty bad about it.

#3 Edited by davelecave (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I really disliked it. In scenes where they're standing around talking it's bearable, but the fight scenes were incredibly messy. I couldn't tell what was going on half the time. The fact that the cover art is sweet makes it all the more frustrating.

#4 Posted by kittyloveslockheed (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with TheCommissar, it's not bad art (except for that strange Captain America shot where he looked almost like a skrull!), I just don't think it fits this title.

I am preferential to cleaner lines and defined coloring, though. My husband likes it and doesn't find it as distracting as I do. It's definitely personal preference, but since it seems to rubbing a lot of people the wrong way, I'm interested to see if the title's art changes.

#5 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of gritty art I find it distracting.

#6 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Too messy for superheroes.

#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like it. At all. It's a mess. It doesn't fit the tone of the book at all. As mediocre as he is at drawing women, the McGuinness cover evokes the tone and style the book should have. It's not Punisher, it's not Daredevil, it's not Thunderbolts... so why is it drawn like it is? Plus, the skin tones makes everyone look perpetually queasy.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17961 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the art although it does seem a little messy at times.

#9 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't. Like.

#10 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight scenes are messy and hard to follow, but other then that, it's alright...

#11 Posted by bane289 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. the bold edgyness really helps describe Carols personality

#12 Posted by RioBravo (61 posts) - - Show Bio

The art would be good for a horror comic. For a Carol Danvers comic, the art is awful. One of the worst mismatches between artist and subject I've ever seen from Marvel.

#13 Posted by Zoch81 (279 posts) - - Show Bio

I like art I think its really good

#14 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nothing wrong with the artwork.

#15 Posted by JairamGanpat (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it quite awesome :)

#16 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3623 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. It reminds me of some of the stories featuring Nova and Silver Surfer. The painting elevates the story and I think that it serves the combat scenes very well to have this messy quality to them, depicting fast and brutal actions.

#17 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE the artwork so far, and the preview images of future issues look just as good. And that last page in issue #1......^_^

My only complaint would be is that Soy was inconsistent with the Captain Marvel symbol on her chest. It was non-existent in quite a few panels.

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's nothing good but it isn't that bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.