Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4389 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Please Tell me this isnt true!!!!!!!!!!

• 141 results
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    How she fought Julia Carpenter while Julia's daughter stood by and watched.... douche."
    At least she held back on her.She could have just killed her in front of her daughter.That would have been the douche move.What she actually did to Julia was what she was told to do and what she had to do.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    How she fought Julia Carpenter while Julia's daughter stood by and watched.... douche."
    At least she held back on her.She could have just killed her in front of her daughter.That would have been the douche move.What she actually did to Julia was what she was told to do and what she had to do.
    "
    Having Julia's daughter out there watching her mom get beat up by this "hero" is ridiculous. Killing her would have been even more so. Again, Carol can think for herself, she can be quite inconsiderate.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pixelized
    erik said:
    "Can I not be on both Ms. Marvel teams?"
    More of you has to be on Karla's
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By Calix
    Methos said:
    "I don't think she is... she did go Binary before she 'exploded'... and since the explosion wasn't anywhere near big enough to destroy the earth, let alone damage the city below, we can safely assume that she was controlling the explosion somehow...i believe this has all been a setup under Iron Man's control... he wants to see how Moonstone reacts and wants to test her for something....Carol will come back, or maybe isn't going to disapere at all...M"

I doubt that. Iron Man is trying to save his own hide right now. I seriously could careless if the Ms. Marvel Persona was lost to that blond twat. I was always more partial to the name Warbird.

@ whomever said that Carol was contracdicting herself or her reaction to Norman.
    SRA supporter does not automatically by default compliance with Osborn rule. She believed that the SRA was to make superheroes more accountable which was why she supported it not just because it was the LAW. Osborn is a murdering psychopath/terrorist with delusions of self-importance and grandeur. Tony was an arrogant ass but the most important difference Tony boiled down to being a good guy where as Osborn is not!
    Next you will tell me that is a terrorist by some means got to be the Director of Homeland Security we all would just abide by the supossed law he/she upholds.

Osborn didn't confront/talk to Danvers on his own. Had he done so he would have gotten a beating but she wouldn't have killed him.... well she wouldn't have killed him prior to him presenting that blond twat as Ms. Marvel after that I am not so sure. but I digress Osborn had Ares & Sentry with him their was no way she was going to win that fight she might have been able to hurt Ares a bit ( I really doubt that) but Sentry????? Running was the only option in this case. She is smart enough to realize that Osborn you have to tackle in a different manner since the usual beat him up wont work thou I can tell you this much if she does get a chance to thump him a solid one she will.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "
    Having Julia's daughter out there watching her mom get beat up by this "hero" is ridiculous. Killing her would have been even more so. Again, Carol can think for herself, she can be quite inconsiderate. "
    Are you kidding with this? Cops have a mind of their own but they still have to take orders and do what they were told to do.Carol and Wonder Man was Tony's 5.0.They had to go out and apprehend people who don't register.If Julia hadn't tried to smash Carol with a car...she probably wouldn't have beat her down in front of her daughter.She could have just registered and that would have never happened.They ended up forcing her to register anyone.Julia brought it on herself.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "
    Having Julia's daughter out there watching her mom get beat up by this "hero" is ridiculous. Killing her would have been even more so. Again, Carol can think for herself, she can be quite inconsiderate. "
    Are you kidding with this? Cops have a mind of their own but they still have to take orders and do what they were told to do.Carol and Wonder Man was Tony's 5.0.They had to go out and apprehend people who don't register.If Julia hadn't tried to smash Carol with a car...she probably wouldn't have beat her down in front of her daughter.She could have just registered and that would have never happened.They ended up forcing her to register anyone.Julia brought it on herself.
    "
    Carol could have easily walked away and told Iron Man she couldn't catch Julia and then they would have just moved on to the next. Instead... Wonder man, Rachel, and ...whomever was watching Rachel all just sat back and watched the brawl. It was too much.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    Carol could have easily walked away and told Iron Man she couldn't catch Julia and then they would have just moved on to the next. Instead... Wonder man, Rachel, and ...whomever was watching Rachel all just sat back and watched the brawl. It was too much."
    How could she have walked away and lied to Tony is Wonder Man was there and could see she's a liar? Every time Carol has let someone go she was only with Shield Agents or by herself.
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Calix
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "

and another thing do you really want to fling a label like douche around cause I need only point out to what Moonstone did to von Strucker, hell I'll just point to Moonstone being well Moonstone and the whole douche thing is settled.
    If you are going to be bad and be all lippy and what not then she should at least be more than what she currently is.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    Carol could have easily walked away and told Iron Man she couldn't catch Julia and then they would have just moved on to the next. Instead... Wonder man, Rachel, and ...whomever was watching Rachel all just sat back and watched the brawl. It was too much."
    How could she have walked away and lied to Tony is Wonder Man was there and could see she's a liar? Every time Carol has let someone go she was only with Shield Agents or by herself.
    "
    She could have convinced him or something, i just felt like that entire scene/situation was handled completely wrong. It's Julia Carpenter, capable of lifting 10 tons max, and shoots webbing, and i'm to believe the two of them could not have subdued her in a way that wouldn't be damaging to her daughter???
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "
    She could have convinced him or something, i just felt like that entire scene/situation was handled completely wrong. It's Julia Carpenter, capable of lifting 10 tons max, and shoots webbing, and i'm to believe the two of them could not have subdued her in a way that wouldn't be damaging to her daughter???"
    It's a plot device Pix...it had to happen so that Civil War looked like a real tragedy.Everyone on Tony's side including him has done something aren't proud of.Karla is no better....
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Calix
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "
    She could have convinced him or something, i just felt like that entire scene/situation was handled completely wrong. It's Julia Carpenter, capable of lifting 10 tons max, and shoots webbing, and i'm to believe the two of them could not have subdued her in a way that wouldn't be damaging to her daughter???"

I do agree with Danvers handling the Julia situation very wrong and while she could have called the whole thing of the times that I've seen her not enforce the SRA act was when the anti and pro sides were working in tandem for whatever disaster had just happened.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Calix said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "

I do agree with Danvers handling the Julia situation very wrong and while she could have called the whole thing of the times that I've seen her not enforce the SRA act was when the anti and pro sides were working in tandem for whatever disaster had just happened."
    The thing is..Carol knows she was wrong and she cried about it.That's the hero coming out.She didn't want to do that.She was a victim of circumstance.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    It's a plot device Pix...it had to happen so that Civil War looked like a real tragedy.Everyone on Tony's side including him has done something aren't proud of.Karla is no better...."
    LOL Karla's a villain, or was [maybe still is] it's her nature, but this is Carol Danvers, someone who is supposed to be above and beyond average people. I just didn't like the way that situation and then how she was when those students were blown up at X-Institute, it got to the point where i just couldn't believe her anymore.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    It's a plot device Pix...it had to happen so that Civil War looked like a real tragedy.Everyone on Tony's side including him has done something aren't proud of.Karla is no better...."
    LOL Karla's a villain, or was [maybe still is] it's her nature, but this is Carol Danvers, someone who is supposed to be above and beyond average people. I just didn't like the way that situation and then how she was when those students were blown up at X-Institute, it got to the point where i just couldn't believe her anymore. "
    It was during CIVIL WAR....
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Calix
    Vance Astro said:
    "Calix said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "

I do agree with Danvers handling the Julia situation very wrong and while she could have called the whole thing of the times that I've seen her not enforce the SRA act was when the anti and pro sides were working in tandem for whatever disaster had just happened."
    The thing is..Carol knows she was wrong and she cried about it.That's the hero coming out.She didn't want to do that.She was a victim of circumstance.
    "

Point taken. or course one musn't forget that Julia did have a hand in this. She could have prevented the whole thing by signing up alas it was one of those loose loose situations for both sides. Which is why I stuck with Tony thru this mess. SRA was a no win scenario.

Did you read GtoG by the way? I would have PM'd but those are down.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    LOL Karla's a villain, or was [maybe still is] it's her nature, but this is Carol Danvers, someone who is supposed to be above and beyond average people. I just didn't like the way that situation and then how she was when those students were blown up at X-Institute, it got to the point where i just couldn't believe her anymore. "
    "
    that's the excuse for, "Hey Emma, i know 20+ students were just blown to bits, but if you get a spare minute could you circle letter "A" for me please?"
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By pixelized
    Calix said:
    Point taken. or course one musn't forget that Julia did have a hand in this. She could have prevented the whole thing by signing up alas it was one of those loose loose situations for both sides. Which is why I stuck with Tony thru this mess. SRA was a no win scenario.Did you read GtoG by the way? I would have PM'd but those are down."
    She didn't want to register though. Why wasn't saying "no" enough?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "
    that's the excuse for, "Hey Emma, i know 20+ students were just blown to bits, but if you get a spare minute could you circle letter "A" for me please?""
    That is an excuse.She would have never even been asked to go there under normal circumstances.She was doing what she was told to do.You act as if Carol did these things for the purpose of being a douche.She had to do it.
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Calix
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:

Karla is the leader of the Thunderbolt initiative and team shrink she was supposed to be above and beyond at the very least her cohorts and that wasn't the case either.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Calix said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    Karla is the leader of the Thunderbolt initiative and team shrink she was supposed to be above and beyond at the very least her cohorts and that wasn't the case either. "
    She's responsible for Norman going back to Green Goblin and gutting Swordsman.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    gutting Swordsman."
    when was that revealed?

Calix said:
    Karla is the leader of the Thunderbolt initiative and team shrink she was supposed to be above and beyond at the very least her cohorts and that wasn't the case either. "
    She was leader because she told Osborn she wanted to be, not because of good morals. She was debunked by songbird, and then had her mom killed.

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Calix

May pixelized said:

"Calix said:
    Point taken. or course one musn't forget that Julia did have a hand in this. She could have prevented the whole thing by signing up alas it was one of those loose loose situations for both sides. Which is why I stuck with Tony thru this mess. SRA was a no win scenario.Did you read GtoG by the way? I would have PM'd but those are down."
    She didn't want to register though. Why wasn't saying "no" enough?"

Because this wasn't a date this was the law which at that time meant something different. Saying no wasn't an option. You signed or you fought/went underground.

and can we not bring Emma in this.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    That is an excuse.She would have never even been asked to go there under normal circumstances.She was doing what she was told to do.You act as if Carol did these things for the purpose of being a douche.She had to do it."
    Yeah, she picked the most opportune times to go and ask people to register.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    gutting Swordsman."
    when was that revealed?

Calix said:
    She was leader because she told Osborn she wanted to be, not because of good morals. She was debunked by songbird, and then had her mom killed."
    Osborn didn't want Songbird to be the leader..because she was the only one there who was actually "good".Songbird spoke up and asked to take Moonstone's place.

You didn't see Norman stab Swordsman?

pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    That is an excuse.She would have never even been asked to go there under normal circumstances.She was doing what she was told to do.You act as if Carol did these things for the purpose of being a douche.She had to do it."
    Yeah, she picked the most opportune times to go and ask people to register."
    She didn't pick that time..it was picked for her.Again,a plot device.
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Calix
    Vance Astro said:
    "Calix said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    She's responsible for Norman going back to Green Goblin and gutting Swordsman.
    "

I was under the impression that it was the four telepaths that were being held in the mountain were the cause of this.

pixelized said:
    Calix said:
    She was leader because she told Osborn she wanted to be, not because of good morals. She was debunked by songbird, and then had her mom killed."

Moonstone wanted leadership and she got debunked by Songbird because the latter had something on Norman.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    Osborn didn't want Songbird to be the leader..because she was the only one there who was actually "good".Songbird spoke up and asked to take Moonstone's place.
    "
    What are we arguing, we know Karla is evil. lol

Vance Astro said:

Of course, just didn't know it was due to Karla.

Vance Astro said:

She didn't pick that time..it was picked for her.Again,a plot device.
    "

ok

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By pixelized
    Calix said:
    Moonstone wanted leadership and she got debunked by Songbird because the latter had something on Norman."
    I'm not seeing your point though.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    Vance Astro said:

Of course, just didn't know it was due to Karla.
    You think Osborn could turn back into the Goblin at will before Karla started hiding his medication?
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Calix

You stated that she hadn't wanted leadership of the Thunderbolts and I am showing that she did but got demoted.

You are stating that Danvers is a douche or portrayed douche behavior based on that one situation whereas Moonstone has displayed similar behavior to far worse repeatedly....

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By pixelized
    Calix said:
    "You stated that she hadn't wanted leadership of the Thunderbolts and I am showing that she did but got demoted.You are stating that Danvers is a douche or portrayed douche behavior based on that one situation whereas Moonstone has displayed similar behavior to far worse repeatedly...."
    Moonstone is evil, always has been, that's the major difference between her and Carol. Moonstone also wanted to be leader because she felt she was above them all, not because she had good battle strategies and everything else. And carol's doucheyness was based off two instances!

Vance Astro said:
    You think Osborn could turn back into the Goblin at will before Karla started hiding his medication?"
    No, i know about the GG thing, but i just didn't know she convinced him to kill swordsman, i thought he did that has Norman.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    Vance Astro said:
    You think Osborn could turn back into the Goblin at will before Karla started hiding his medication?"
    No, i know about the GG thing, but i just didn't know she convinced him to kill swordsman, i thought he did that has Norman."
    She didn't convince him to do it..he did it because he was out of control.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By pixelized

Ohhhh Gotcha! I won't Mr. Strucker to return though ]=

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Calix
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "

Evil implies some sort of higher purpose or at least moderate intrigue in their plotting and scheming and Karla is neither to my recollection. she is just a bad "guy" and she even sucks at that.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By pixelized
    Calix said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "
    Evil implies some sort of higher purpose or at least moderate intrigue in their plotting and scheming and Karla is neither to my recollection. she is just a bad "guy" and she even sucks at that."
    are we going to debate technicalities now?
    GammaGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GammaGirl

and all of this debate, while entertaining, has nothing to do with the "death" of Ms. Marvel.  As of last issue, she appears to be dead.  Of course we all hope not.  I understand that Karla is now "Ms. Marvel" and taking over the title but I really hope there's something more in store for Carol.  I've always loved her since she was introduced to Marvel Comics.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By pixelized

why comment on something that ended nearly 2 weeks ago?

GammaGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GammaGirl
    pixelized said:
    "why comment on something that ended nearly 2 weeks ago?"

...  why  not? interesting comment considering you necroed this thread yourself a while back
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By pixelized

you made it seem as though it was still going when that conversation was dead, so even bringing it up was beating a dead horse.

GammaGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GammaGirl

I guess it was lame attempt to steer the thread away from debates on wether Karla is "evil" or not and perhaps dredge up fresh speculation on if Carol is "dead" or not.

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
    Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Loaded Revolver

It's no point in speculating at this point.We will never know until someone actually confirms her DOA.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By John_Feaster

I can't get too worked-up over it.

From Civil War on, Carol Danvers has been depicted by the honchos at Marvel as a fame-seeking, violent gloryhound who has betrayed most of her oldest friends and - though she always seems to know he's a bastatd - followed Stark blindly, even when his policies were obviously destroying the fabric of the Marvel Universe.

I know it's not her fault...it's Bendis and company...but still, that's the impression I now have of her. A woman who will beat a friend to within an inch of her life right in front of her daughter, support a Regestration act that amounted to near-slavery (it was regester and serve at Camp Hammond...or go to jail. Man, that's at least indentured servitude!) and helped imprison people without trials in Reed's Negative Zone prison. She's hadly had a will of her own, and only durring the last 6 months has she seemed to question her own actions. It's refreshing to see her - when faced with the same dicision Cap was forced to make (follow a system you know is wrong, or become an outlaw) - make the right choice, but it's too little too late to save the character for me.

Norman Osborn is employing villains to hunt down heroes (just like Stark did), forcing heroes to regester their identitys and serve as soldiers in the Iniative (just like Stark did) and willing to ignore basic human rights to push his agenda through (just...like Stark), so where is the conflict of interest between the two? Carol was willing to do all that to be thought of as a Good Little Girl by the media. She seems to think that these are wrong when enforced by Norman, but the EXACT SAME LAWS were just fine when Stark was calling the shots.

No. I hate the whiney martinet that Carol's become. I hope she comes back some day, and has the chance to be a real person once again as opposed to a willing tool for any boob in a tin suit...but the Carol Danvers I've been shown durring the last few years I won't miss at all. I mean, it's said that the cold, unempathic manner she's aquired is the result of Rogues' attack, but the Carol Danvers who stayed with the X-Men, saved Kitty Prydes life and joined the StarJammers wasn't much like that at all, so it's clearly something Bendis decided to give her to make her "deeper" (more shallow) for a modern audience.

But...Moonstone? Really? I've seen the first issue, and it looks like it's just going to be more of the same psycho babble that we got in Thunderbolts back in the day. I don't think that we saw ANYTHING in the first Karla-Dominated issue that Kurt Busiak didn't show us 10 years ago. "I'm a bitch with mother-issue" could have been the title of the story. For goodness sakes, if THAT'S all I'm going to get from the NEW Ms. Marvel, then their's no point in reading it either.

How about this. Just give me a Ms. Marvel who can be a heroine, without amping the Bitch Factor to 11 and ripping the knob off. The whole Civil War era Carol didn't make much sense to me, because she'd spent YEARS in space, fighting along side a band of rebils (the Star Jammers) against a tyranical empire with a charismatic dictator and an army of superheros (the Shi'ar and the Imp. Guard), and NEVER ONCE SAW THE IRONY of her new position as the enforcer of Iron Thugs New World Order.

Good by, Carol. I'd have missed you even 5 years ago, but these days...I just cant care. Maybe we need this seperation for the bloom to return to the rose.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By pixelized

She doesn't have Mother issues, she killed her because she thought she was doing what was best for her mom.

And that Was just an introduction to Karla Sofen, the next issue is supposed to be something completely different.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By John_Feaster

The problem is that that's the SAME INTRODUCTION we got to Karla 10 YEARS AGO! I remember Busiak covering all those bases back then, and as she abandond her mother after she sacrificed everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - for her to go to school, then I'd have to argue that she does indeed have Mother Issues.

I feel like they started her off in her series with yet another tired retelling of her origins, as opposed to saying anything new. Everything I learned about her in that issue, I knew from decade-old issues of the Thunderbolts. As I know their plan is to kill Carol and replace her with another cold, snarky blond in a skimpy costume, I can safely say I wont be reading it. They should have tried harder with their first issue...as opposed to takeing the reader down memory lane. We live in an age whe a person can just do a Google Search for "Moonstone" and find out all we need about her past. I'm just saying...they could have tried harder.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    John_Feaster said:
    "   The problem is that that's the SAME INTRODUCTION we got to Karla 10 YEARS AGO! I remember Busiak covering all those bases back then, and as she abandond her mother after she sacrificed everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - for her to go to school, then I'd have to argue that she does indeed have Mother Issues.    I feel like they started her off in her series with yet another tired retelling of her origins, as opposed to saying anything new. Everything I learned about her in that issue, I knew from decade-old issues of the Thunderbolts. As I know their plan is to kill Carol and replace her with another cold, snarky blond in a skimpy costume, I can safely say I wont be reading it. They should have tried harder with their first issue...as opposed to takeing the reader down memory lane. We live in an age whe a person can just do a Google Search for "Moonstone" and find out all we need about her past. I'm just saying...they could have tried harder."
    Nobody gives a sh#t about Moonstone to begin with so they had to retell her origin because people who are just discovering her wouldn't know.Moonstone isn't very popular and the Thunderbolts weren't either when she was a founding member.Just because you knew all that stuff a decade ago doesn't mean everyone else did.They do this with plenty of characters too even well known ones.I have seen Daredevil's origin in his comics over a dozen times just with different artists and pictures.Same story though.Same with Cap and the Punisher.It's not a big deal.If your not going to read Ms.Marvel,that's fine but don't not read it for silly reasons.You never know this comic could shape up and you could really grow to like Moonstone.It seems to me you're making to much of something they do in all comics.It's so common I don't see why anyone would care.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By pixelized
    Exactly Vance. And like i said, it was one issue, letting new readers know who Karla is.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    John_Feaster said:
    "   I can't get too worked-up over it.

From Civil War on, Carol Danvers has been depicted by the honchos at Marvel as a fame-seeking, violent gloryhound who has betrayed most of her oldest friends and - though she always seems to know he's a bastatd - followed Stark blindly, even when his policies were obviously destroying the fabric of the Marvel Universe.

I know it's not her fault...it's Bendis and company...but still, that's the impression I now have of her. A woman who will beat a friend to within an inch of her life right in front of her daughter, support a Regestration act that amounted to near-slavery (it was regester and serve at Camp Hammond...or go to jail. Man, that's at least indentured servitude!) and helped imprison people without trials in Reed's Negative Zone prison. She's hadly had a will of her own, and only durring the last 6 months has she seemed to question her own actions. It's refreshing to see her - when faced with the same dicision Cap was forced to make (follow a system you know is wrong, or become an outlaw) - make the right choice, but it's too little too late to save the character for me.   Norman Osborn is employing villains to hunt down heroes (just like Stark did), forcing heroes to regester their identitys and serve as soldiers in the Iniative (just like Stark did) and willing to ignore basic human rights to push his agenda through (just...like Stark), so where is the conflict of interest between the two? Carol was willing to do all that to be thought of as a Good Little Girl by the media. She seems to think that these are wrong when enforced by Norman, but the EXACT SAME LAWS were just fine when Stark was calling the shots.   No. I hate the whiney martinet that Carol's become. I hope she comes back some day, and has the chance to be a real person once again as opposed to a willing tool for any boob in a tin suit...but the Carol Danvers I've been shown durring the last few years I won't miss at all. I mean, it's said that the cold, unempathic manner she's aquired is the result of Rogues' attack, but the Carol Danvers who stayed with the X-Men, saved Kitty Prydes life and joined the StarJammers wasn't much like that at all, so it's clearly something Bendis decided to give her to make her "deeper" (more shallow) for a modern audience.   But...Moonstone? Really? I've seen the first issue, and it looks like it's just going to be more of the same psycho babble that we got in Thunderbolts back in the day. I don't think that we saw ANYTHING in the first Karla-Dominated issue that Kurt Busiak didn't show us 10 years ago. "I'm a bitch with mother-issue" could have been the title of the story. For goodness sakes, if THAT'S all I'm going to get from the NEW Ms. Marvel, then their's no point in reading it either.   How about this. Just give me a Ms. Marvel who can be a heroine, without amping the Bitch Factor to 11 and ripping the knob off. The whole Civil War era Carol didn't make much sense to me, because she'd spent YEARS in space, fighting along side a band of rebils (the Star Jammers) against a tyranical empire with a charismatic dictator and an army of superheros (the Shi'ar and the Imp. Guard), and NEVER ONCE SAW THE IRONY of her new position as the enforcer of Iron Thugs New World Order.   Good by, Carol. I'd have missed you even 5 years ago, but these days...I just cant care. Maybe we need this seperation for the bloom to return to the rose."
    I read Civil War and I don't think the description you are giving is accurate to Carol.First of all,almost everything she did was on Stark's orders so I don't see where the fame-seeking and gloryhound BS comes in.Secondly she didn't betray anyone.She did what she was required by law to do.She still had friends on the registered side.How many times did she let Cage and the New Avengers go? How many times did she find them and then give them a chance to leave? How many times did she cry about what she was doing and her role in Civil War? I'm sick and tired of people taking things out of context.From how much Carol cried you can obviously tell she didn't want to do any of that stuff.Alot of people followed Stark blindly,Reed almost lost his wife over it but nobody made a big deal about that!

Most of this stuff you are saying is just completely outlandish.There is so much to break down but I don't give enough of a sh#t to do so I just want you to know I read this and you whining about nothing.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Exactly Vance. And like i said, it was one issue, letting new readers know who Karla is. "
    Not just new readers but people who just don't know who Karla is.He's acting as if she's an A-List hero.I'm sure they are going to give background on all the people taking over books whether you know their origins or not.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Exactly Vance. And like i said, it was one issue, letting new readers know who Karla is. "
    Not just new readers but people who just don't know who Karla is.He's acting as if she's an A-List hero.I'm sure they are going to give background on all the people taking over books whether you know their origins or not.
    "
    Exactly. Karla, let alone Thunderbolts in general, have never been a household name... someone taking over the role as Ms. Marvel needs an introduction, especially when most people will say, "who" when they hear her name.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "
    Exactly. Karla, let alone Thunderbolts in general, have never been a household name... someone taking over the role as Ms. Marvel needs an introduction, especially when most people will say, "who" when they hear her name."
    Wii vibe :)
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By John_Feaster

That bothers me a lot too. I mean...is it just me, or are we supposed to assume that the whole world thinks that Karla is Carol? I mean, it seems that any cop or reporter worth his salt can figure out that this ISN'T CAROL! And as the whole flippin' world KNOWS Karla is a criminal...well, I just think they're being lazy. But hey, to Bendis and Company it's "Character" that's important...not history or common sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.