Please Tell me this isnt true!!!!!!!!!!

• 142 results
#1 Edited by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio
MS. MARVEL IS DEAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!? 
oh my god what the **** (yea this is so big I have to fully spell it out) when they killed wasp i thought they were done but no they came back for ms. marvel. And now that little bitch Moonstone is gonna be the new ms. marvel. 
#2 Edited by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
grimm said:
"
MS. MARVEL IS DEAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!? 
oh my god what the **** (yea this is so big I have to fully spell it out) when they killed wasp i thought they were done but no they came back for ms. marvel. And now that little bitch Moonstone is gonna be the new ms. marvel. 
"
No.
#3 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't she just get replaced

#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did this come from?

#5 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

She's not dead. She is on the New Avengers.

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.. she's not dead... yet

[=

#7 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Lol.. she's not dead... yet

[="
lol
#8 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

well i forgot where i read it but somewhere it said that she got info on Osborn from some girl and then he killed her.

then he replaced her with moonstone
#9 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
grimm said:
"well i forgot where i read it but somewhere it said that she got info on Osborn from some girl and then he killed her.
"
She is dead on one of her covers but we should all know by now covers almost never show what's in the comic these days.
#10 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio
grimm said:
"well i forgot where i read it but somewhere it said that she got info on Osborn from some girl and then he killed her.
"
SPOILERS

Osborn is replacing a lot of well known heroes, including Ms. Marvel, but the originals aren't dead.
#11 Edited by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain Hazard said:
"grimm said:
"
SPOILERS

Osborn is replacing a lot of well known heroes, including Ms. Marvel, but the originals aren't dead."
This shouldn't be a spoiler at this point we knew this before Secret Invasion was even over.If SOME PEOPLE payed attention to what was going on in comics..they would know that.
#12 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Captain Hazard said:
"grimm said:
"
SPOILERS

Osborn is replacing a lot of well known heroes, including Ms. Marvel, but the originals aren't dead."
This shouldn't be a spoiler at this point we knew this before Secret Invasion was even over.If SOME PEOPLE payed attention to what was going on in comics..they would know that."
I like to throw it up just in case.
#13 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio

here's the thing that annoyed me about that whole deal.  For years Carol has been a staunch supported of the SRA and even tried to arrest Spidey a few times.  But as soon as it was her in the Government crosshairs, she did exactly what Cap and the rest of the resistance did in Civil War. 

I don't believe this is true to her character

The Carol I know and love would have put her fist through Osborn's face and then turned herself in.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
Gamma.Girl said:
The Carol I know and love would have put her fist through Osborn's face and then turned herself in."
Well I guess it's safe to say..you don't know Carol very well eh?
#15 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gamma.Girl said:
The Carol I know and love would have put her fist through Osborn's face and then turned herself in."
Well I guess it's safe to say..you don't know Carol very well eh?"
you seem to be making a habbit of making snarky replies to my posts

did I do something to you?
#16 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

That's just part of Vance's charm ;-)

I do agree with you on Ms. Marvel though, I kept waiting for her to do the military thing and instead she ran. Her actions in the recent Ms Marvel weren;t much better.

#17 Posted by LstPaladin (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

MS Marvel...  I would surely hate to see her go

#18 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously? how come?

#19 Posted by Thunder Wave (56 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized said:

"seriously? how come?"

Marvel's greatest super heroine

#20 Edited by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
Gamma.Girl said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gamma.Girl said:

did I do something to you?"
No.Ms.Marvel is a superhero.She never killed villain (purposely) in her life.When she didn't stop Puppetmaster from killing himself,although it wasn't her fault and he made her fight her friends..she creid about it and went and had sex with Wonder Man.So yea..Norman is a bag of douche but Carol will..by no means,really kill him.

EDIT:For the record..I am not making it a habit to do anything to you.I replied to two of your posts and the first one was directed negatively toward my post and I responded quite nicely compared to what I would normally do.You said the Carol you know and love would have put her fist through Norman's face...so I can only assume you don't know Carol based on what I know about her.
#21 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
Thunder Wave said:
"

pixelized said:

"seriously? how come?"

"
not really.....
#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"grimm said:
"
She is dead on one of her covers but we should all know by now covers almost never show what's in the comic these days."
personally I think that's a better method than the old Superman covers where the entire story was told before you opened the comic :P
#23 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"grimm said:
"
She is dead on one of her covers but we should all know by now covers almost never show what's in the comic these days."
personally I think that's a better method than the old Superman covers where the entire story was told before you opened the comic :P"
lol, agreed
#24 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gamma.Girl said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gamma.Girl said:

No.Ms.Marvel is a superhero.She never killed villain (purposely) in her life.When she didn't stop Puppetmaster from killing himself,although it wasn't her fault and he made her fight her friends..she creid about it and went and had sex with Wonder Man.So yea..Norman is a bag of douche but Carol will..by no means,really kill him.

EDIT:For the record..I am not making it a habit to do anything to you.I replied to two of your posts and the first one was directed negatively toward my post and I responded quite nicely compared to what I would normally do.You said the Carol you know and love would have put her fist through Norman's face...so I can only assume you don't know Carol based on what I know about her.
"

I guess you haven't read recent issues then...

Carol, before she was even a Hero, killed her captor, or at least she thought she did.  The intent, motivation and desire where certainly there and she certainly did try. 

She killed any number of Skrulls in the Secret Invasion, she even said so herself. 

Think about what she's just been through... war against the Skrulls, and now a known supervillain tells her to take his orders or be arrested.

I'm truly surprised she didn't kill him on the spot
#25 Edited by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
Gamma.Girl said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gamma.Girl said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gamma.Girl said:

"

I guess you haven't read recent issues then...

Carol, before she was even a Hero, killed her captor, or at least she thought she did.  The intent, motivation and desire where certainly there and she certainly did try. 

She killed any number of Skrulls in the Secret Invasion, she even said so herself. 

Think about what she's just been through... war against the Skrulls, and now a known supervillain tells her to take his orders or be arrested.

I'm truly surprised she didn't kill him on the spot"
I have read every issue of Ms. Marvel from from 1968 to the present..even the one-shots and the annuals.
Carol killing someone because she had to..is exactly my point.Carol doesn't kill people for the hell of it..and she was also in the military at the time.

She didn't have to say she killed several skrulls..I watched her do it.Also proves my point..She had to kill them.Secret Invasion was a war not just some fight.

The difference between A war and a fight is...The fight is over when the opponent is knocked out or thrown out of reach.A war doesn't end until the enemy retreats or they are all dead.

Now..Carol is a New Avenger..so she has no reason to care if Norman is in charge..because she doesn't have to take orders from him she can go where she doesn't have to really take any orders.Carol destroyed and entire race and their planet..because she was provoked.It was literally her or them.So unless Norman is seconds away from killing her..I don't know what makes you think she would kill him.

So back to your first statement..I would say..I guess you haven't throughly read any issue of Ms.Marvel.
#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
Thunder Wave said:
"

pixelized said:

"seriously? how come?"

"
Agreed.
#27 Posted by John_Feaster (341 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by King Saturn (224194 posts) - - Show Bio
Ms. Marvel aint dead
#29 Edited by autolychus2 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I understand it, Carol Danvers is dead -- she's taken on a new identity (Catherine something), The confusion comes from the fact that Brian Reed said that Carol was dead in an interview. Of course, he was just attempting to ramp up the interest/angst factor. It's something comic book creators have been doing for a loooooong time and they should just stop it already.

Also: Moonstone taking over the Ms. Marvel identity is adding to the confusion.

#30 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish Karla [Moostone] had a different eye color from Carol. They're both blonde with blue eyes so it's hard to differentiate between the two of them

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
autolychus2 said:
"The way I understand it, Carol Danvers is dead -- she's taken on a new identity (Catherine something), The confusion comes from the fact that Brian Reed said that Carol was dead in an interview. Of course, he was just attempting to ramp up the interest/angst factor. It's something comic book creators have been doing for a loooooong time and they should just stop it already.

Also: Moonstone taking over the Ms. Marvel identity is adding to the confusion."
Well than you obviously don't understand.Carol Danvers isn't dead.
Moonstone taking for Ms.Marvel wouldn't cause for confusion if people just read comics....
#32 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

MS. MARVEL #39
Written by BRIAN REED
Penciled by PATRICK OLLIFFE
Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
The Dark Reign is in full effect. Carol Danvers is dead. Moonstone has taken on the mantle of Ms. Marvel. And the only hope for the forces of good is...Machine Man?! Brian Reed & Patrick Olliffe kick off a new chapter in the legend of Ms. Marvel!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

#33 Posted by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

so then she is dead? sweet :)

#34 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how the big companies are forcing the replacement heroes just for the sake of it....

first Daken over wolverine and now this?

#35 Posted by Erik (32796 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I just wish Karla [Moostone] had a different eye color from Carol. They're both blonde with blue eyes so it's hard to differentiate between the two of them"
Maybe Karla wears contacts. :p
#36 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Karla's eyes were green in Secret Invasion

#37 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER

Carol supernova-ed and killed herself, with the help of..... Michael Rossi
#38 Posted by Erik (32796 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"

SPOILER

Carol supernova-ed and killed herself, with the help of..... Michael Rossi"
I am still crying over it. 
#39 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

ew why?/ it was glorious.

"oh my gah, i can't control my powers. i got to get away"

3 seconds later...

BOOM!

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"ew why?/ it was glorious.

"oh my gah, i can't control my powers. i got to get away"

3 seconds later...

BOOM!

"
She's not dead.
#41 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

she's going to reattach her body?

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"she's going to reattach her body?"
Yes.
#43 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully someone doesn't run off her head.

Anyway, i don't really think she's dead either. She went all Binary before she exploded.

#44 Posted by Erik (32796 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
She's not dead."
I really hope she is not. It would be a shame to lose one of my favorite Marvel characters.
#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she is... she did go Binary before she 'exploded'... and since the explosion wasn't anywhere near big enough to destroy the earth, let alone damage the city below, we can safely assume that she was controlling the explosion somehow...

i believe this has all been a setup under Iron Man's control... he wants to see how Moonstone reacts and wants to test her for something....

Carol will come back, or maybe isn't going to disapere at all...

M

#46 Posted by Erik (32796 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"I don't think she is... she did go Binary before she 'exploded'... and since the explosion wasn't anywhere near big enough to destroy the earth, let alone damage the city below, we can safely assume that she was controlling the explosion somehow...i believe this has all been a setup under Iron Man's control... he wants to see how Moonstone reacts and wants to test her for something....Carol will come back, or maybe isn't going to disapere at all...M"
That could be interesting.
#47 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Vance Astro said:
She's not dead."
I really hope she is not. It would be a shame to lose one of my favorite Marvel characters.
"
Carol is a douche! ]= Join team Karla please.

#48 Posted by Erik (32796 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I not be on both Ms. Marvel teams?

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"erik said:
"Vance Astro said:
She's not dead."
"
Carol is a douche! ]= Join team Karla please."
Carol is a hero and a leader.Karla is some chick.
#50 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"erik said:
"Vance Astro said:
She's not dead."
"
Carol is a douche! ]= Join team Karla please."
Carol is a hero and a leader.Karla is some chick.
"
How she fought Julia Carpenter while Julia's daughter stood by and watched.... douche.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.