Name change on her CV profile

#1 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Now she is actually 'Captain Marvel' can we get rid of Ms. Marvel as the title of Carol's CV page please?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13157 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

Now she is actually 'Captain Marvel' can we get rid of Ms. Marvel as the title of Carol's CV page please?

they usually keep the character's most iconic name on the profile. its why they didnt change Dick Grayson's to Batman etc

#3 Edited by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

But it's important for her being called Captain Marvel now... at least we could change it in Carol Danvers

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@queenfrost_ said:

they usually keep the character's most iconic name on the profile. its why they didnt change Dick Grayson's to Batman etc

this

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering that too.

#6 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol Danvers would work better since she,s also been warbird photon ms marvel and I think there was one more iirc.

#7 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53: it was Binary :)

#8 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

When they change Captain Marvel to Shazam, or whatever that kid calls himself these days.

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Characters with who've had multiple or changing identities should have their actual name on the profile page, like Dick Grayson and Hank Pym. Carol, too.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crimsonlord53 said:

Carol Danvers would work better since she,s also been warbird photon ms marvel and I think there was one more iirc.

When did ever use the name Photon? Thought that was Monica Rambeau and Genis Vell.. 

@queenfrost_ said:

Truthfully Mar-Vell & Billy Batson should be the only "Captain Marvel". Carol Danvers,Monica Rambeau,Phylla-Vell,Noh-Varr,& Genis Vell have their own superhero names.
#11 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

Been discussed over at the editing & tools forum. Mods and others said no.

BB

#13 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

do you guys think that eventually most of the characters on this site will just be filled under their real name? all the Captain Marvels, Buckys, Hulks, and Batmen are gona get confusing one day. is the Dick Grayson profile the first in a long line?

#14 Posted by TheIronLord (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they won't change it, because stupid little things like that still give me hope they'll return to Ms Marvel and stop that crap with Captain Marvel. Most idiotic decision in comics. And worst change in costumes as well. Out of all the characters they had to destroy my favorite one. Sucks!!

#15 Posted by TheCannon (18732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

This.

#16 Posted by TheKnifeRose (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Would prefer Carol Danvers. She was Ms. Marvel too long to ignore, and assuming she doesn't change back (hopefully) from Captain Marvel, that will just mean she has two names she is going to be known by.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.