Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4390 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Ms. Marvel in Avengers movie?

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By doordoor123

I was thinking that Carol Danvers could easily be in the Avengers movie as a part of SHIELD and it could set up for a Ms. Marvel movie. What do you think?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I have a feeling she won't be in it.Why,because comic based movies never make any sense.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By doordoor123
    @Vance Astro:  Im thinking that there could be a light mention, but thats it.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @doordoor123 said:
    " @Vance Astro:  Im thinking that there could be a light mention, but thats it. "

You would think that Gambit would have been in an actual X-men movie..being a popular character but no, they through him into Wolverine which makes no sense. So what are the odds that someone completely insignificant like..I don't know, JACK OF HEARTS will appear in an Avengers movie roster before Ms.Marvel?
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doordoor123
    @Vance Astro:  nooooooo. To be brutally honest all x-men movies failed the comics. But i think Ironman, Captain America, Thor and the Avengers are starting to redeem themselves.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @doordoor123 said:
    " @Vance Astro:  nooooooo. To be brutally honest all x-men movies failed the comics. But i think Ironman, Captain America, Thor and the Avengers are starting to redeem themselves. "

I would like to see Carol in the Cap movie to introduce her and then later have her appear in Avengers.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By doordoor123
    @Vance Astro:  youll never know till it happens.
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CylonDorado

Yeah, I'd be sad if there wasn't ONE female member, and Ms. Marvel would definalty be the best one to have (from a movie goer standpoint, she flies, shoots lasers, has super strength, and is hawt :D).  

Even if they didn't have a Ms. Marvel movie *sadface*, I do love the idea of her at least showing up without powers in one of the movies and getting them later.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By doordoor123
    @CylonDorado:  well there is black widow
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CylonDorado
    @doordoor123:
    Yeah, but she can't fly :'(. Oh well, I guess I'll take what I can get.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By doordoor123
    @CylonDorado:  I feel like the cast is going to be really weird for the avengers. Nick Fury, Black Widow, Ironman, Captain America. Thor, Hulk and War Machine?
    actually, looking at it, it looks like a good number.
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CylonDorado
    @doordoor123:
    But if they have too many characters, it might be hard to divy up the screen time.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

i think you'd need mar vel to show up(which would be awsome) before ms. marvel

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By doordoor123
    @CylonDorado:  If the Watchmen was fine im sure this will be too. It will just have to focus on 4 or 5 characters. Itll probably be a 3 hour movie.
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CylonDorado
    @joshmightbe: 

In a movie, it makes more sense for them to show up at the same time.
    homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By homeslice

ms marvel would be a great addition. she might only show up in the avengers movie tho if at all.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Icon

I can imagine Carol Danvers making an appearance, but not as Ms. Marvel, at least not right away (maybe in a sequel). If they include her they may want time to set up her character as she won't have the benefit of a prior "origin story" movie like other characters. And I doubt she will be in the Cap movie since that one is a period piece set during WW2, long before Carol's time. It would be nice to see her at some point though. The Avengers line-up is going to be pretty male-dominated by the looks of it. 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Joss Whedon is an encouraging sign, as he can handle ensemble casts with relative ease; case in point, Serenity. 

I don't think it would be too ridiculous to have Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp and Ms Marvel. Particularly since only Ant-Man, Wasp and Ms Marvel wouldn't have been established in prior films.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I wouldn't mind seeing Maj. Carol Danvers appear in the Avengers movie, but do I want to see Ms. Marvel flying around, I am not sure. I would be worried they would just use her as a filler character, kinda like what happened to Cover Girl in the new GI Joe movie.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Aronmorales
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @doordoor123 said:
    " @Vance Astro:  nooooooo. To be brutally honest all x-men movies failed the comics. But i think Ironman, Captain America, Thor and the Avengers are starting to redeem themselves. "
    I would like to see Carol in the Cap movie to introduce her and then later have her appear in Avengers. "
    That's not a bad idea...
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By G Bird

I'm up for a nude Ms. Marvel scene.... anybody with me?

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By DH69

heres an idea, since agent colsen has appeared in both iron man movies now, just off him and has danvers take his place. just as a background character

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By doordoor123

BUMP

E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

Heres a thought.... and don't freak if you don't like, but what if, for the sake of the movie, and the sake of Ms. Marvel, they change her origin. Give her Captain Marvel's origin, and use her to hint at the kree/ skrull war for the sequel. It could be a big reveal at the end of the movie. (That's optional. I don't think we need a big reveal in every movie, but I'm mostly saying that because, right off the bat, I wanna see Carol in thigh hies, and an open back one-peace bathing suit.) 
    Make her a Kree Captain in the the Kree armada, have her origin explain that she was sent to earth by her lover, Yonn-Rogs, to observe the human race, but when she discovered it wasn't a recon mission, it was something worse, she betrays her people to save the human race she's come to respect and admire. We see her in the first Avengers film as the love interest of Steve Rogers, who in this film is introduced to the modern world, and comes into contact with the story's main villains, Kang. He offers to take Cap back to before her was frozen and save him from loosing everything he loves. (In my opinion, the first avengers movie needs to focus on Cap. The man out of time angle is the meat and potatoes of that story.) Obviously he refuses, but the conflict is finally resolved by Carol, who reveals herself as a Kree. When she explains herself, she also reveals that the whole world will need the Avengers, because her people are at war with another race, and that war is coming to earth in one year! The next movie's Kree/ Skrull war, the one after that, in my opinion, should be the masters of evil. 
    DISCLAIMER: Non of the above statement is the actual story of the Avengers film. It is just the thoughts and opinions of a fan. 
    Now, why would you change Carol's origin to Mar-Vell's? It's pretty simple actually, and again, my opinion, but I seriously doubt anyone would follow this character through two-three movies just to watch him die of cancer. How else would the series end? How else should it end? It's an amazing story, but it's depressing, and lacks so much action. I know I'd watch it. You'd probably watch it, but you have to consider the general audience. And honestly, Right from the get-go, Mar-Vell's origin comes under scrutiny. It's to much like Superman. So is his costume! Give us a strong female character who just happens to look gorgeous, I think we can all say, under no uncertain terms that we'd be happy.

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Dark Cell

I think it would be beneficial for Marvel to have a Ms Marvel film and or feature her in the Avengers. 
    Y? 
    because all the hero films have really been about men....so what no women? + you may get more women go see the film alongside the usual male audience, thus more money $$ 

and it would stop people like me complaining about the lack of Ms Marvel on the silver screen. :)

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By bingbangboom

The thing is that there is a strong rumor that Carol will be in the Avengers movie. Marvel is planning to make the Avengers a super big budget movie, similar to the Lord of the Rings with a very epic tale and longer movie. Just like LOTR, they balanced multiple characters in different areas, so it won't be like 10 people just all the time but split up. 

The rumor is that she will be Carol in it and the movie will involve the Kree and Skrulls, with Carol getting her powers from the Kree. I would expect that her character will be more similar to her Ultimate version until she gets her powers. Don't think a Captain Marvel will be in it right away or at least in the same way because he might just be undercover as a regular guy. Don't expect a full "secret invasion" but instead take points from it that will lead into multiple movies but it seems like they will be going in a big invasion to save the world hence the grouping of heroes.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Magian
    @doordoor123:
    No, I disagree with you. The movies except maybe the third,were very good. They didn't follow the comics exactly but that would be very dificult to be done. But the movie with Wolverine, wasn't good, that's true.
    rogue_kiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By rogue_kiss

Who would you cast as Ms. Marvel, if it were up to you?

(I would have a nerd-gasm if she would somehow make a movie appearance. PRETTY PLEASE, Marvel?)

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Gothic Storm
    Introducing Carol Danvers in the Cap movie would not make any sense. The movie will be based in WWII and the only reason Cap is the same age now as he was then is due to the freezing. If Carol was in it, unless they tossed her in at the tail end of the credits, she would be a senior citizen by now. Now, if she was introduced in the THOR movie... THAT would work. I'm afraid though that the Avengers movie is going to be all men and poor Black Widow is going to have to put up with them all. The writers will probably have her make some goofy remark about it such as, "Hmm.. all men. Next time I get to make the roster, Nick."
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aronmorales
    @Gothic Storm: Well of course she wouldn't be back in WWII, that's just crazy-talk, but at the end, that is if they show Cap being resurrected from the ice and such, she could be one of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents present.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WW-Fan

i think she should be in it! isnt there like one Heroine in that movie? one or two?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I would shoot someone if Ms Marvel won't at least be in the sequel.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#33  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @WW-Fan said:
    " i think she should be in it! isnt there like one Heroine in that movie? one or two? "
    Black Widow as far as we know is the only female who will be in the Avengers movie, there are rumors of Wasp and characters like Maria Hill and Spider-Woman "appearing" in the film as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, but like I said, they're only rumors with little to nothing to back up those claims. Personally I think we'll be seeing characters who have connections to S.H.I.E.L.D. in the movies since it would be easier for Marvel to do their origins, hence why Ms. Marvel would be in it or a sequel as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and then probably go through some Super-Soldier program, same with Ant-Man, I'm thinking Eric O'Grady will be the man behind the helmet and be an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well, while Hank Pym be the one credited for the creation of the suit, same goes for characters like She-Hulk who would be connected to Hulk, and so forth.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WW-Fan
    @War Killer said:
    " @WW-Fan said:
    " i think she should be in it! isnt there like one Heroine in that movie? one or two? "
    Black Widow as far as we know is the only female who will be in the Avengers movie, there are rumors of Wasp and characters like Maria Hill and Spider-Woman "appearing" in the film as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, but like I said, they're only rumors with little to nothing to back up those claims. Personally I think we'll be seeing characters who have connections to S.H.I.E.L.D. in the movies since it would be easier for Marvel to do their origins, hence why Ms. Marvel would be in it or a sequel as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and then probably go through some Super-Soldier program, same with Ant-Man, I'm thinking Eric O'Grady will be the man behind the helmet and be an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well, while Hank Pym be the one credited for the creation of the suit, same goes for characters like She-Hulk who would be connected to Hulk, and so forth."

it would be cool if Spider Woman would be in it! or Scarlet Witch! i mean i look at her like Wonder Woman in Justice League
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By joshmightbe

You need captain marvel introduced before miss marvel

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By fps_dean
    @Vance Astro said:
    " I have a feeling she won't be in it.Why,because comic based movies never make any sense. "
    I think we may see her in it as Carol Danvers.  In which case if they make a sequel, then we may see her in it as Ms. Marvel.
    jimmyraker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jimmyraker
    @G Bird said:
    I'm up for a nude Ms. Marvel scene.... anybody with me?

i'm totally agree with you ! i wait a ms marvel naked scene in the comicbook too !
    digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By digimod

Ms Marvel is one of those characters that may work (somewhat) in comics but just does not have the right  appeal for film

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By fps_dean

They have hinted at Ms.Marvel in the avengers, but I feel it will be as Carol  Danvers.  She may be in the second movie as Ms. Marvel, but I imagine she would just be Carol Danvers, shield agent in the first.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.