Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4375 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

KATEE SACKOFF In Talks With Marvel for Avengers:AgeofUltron?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/112/845/original/Riddick-Sackhoff-feature-2.jpg?1378502427http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/096/928/original/capmarv2012002full_02.jpg?1364330460

Battlestar Galactica alumn Katee Sackoff is a name whose long been bandied about by fans as an ideal candidate for a superhero movie. The actress herself has fueled that fire by talking from time to time about playing Harley Quinn in a new Batman movie, or perhaps Captain Marvel at Marvel. But in an interview yesterday for the podcast Schmoes Know, Sackoff revealed that she has been in talks with Marvel about doing something for them in “the first quarter of next year.”

She was guarded about anything else, but when the podcast hosts brought up the idea of her playing Ms. Marvel she quickly corrected them saying the character was now known as Captain Marvel.

Sackoff is currently doing promotion for the movie Riddick which was released this week, in which she co-stars with two other actors already in line to play roles in Guardians of the Galaxy: Vin Diesel and Dave Bautista.

Although Sackoff has not done any live-action superhero work in either film or television, she voiced a detective in the animated movie Batman: Year One and interestingly voiced She-Hulk in a 2011 episode of Marvel’s The Super Hero Squad Show. But then again, there is a moment in Riddick where she has her hair styled exactly like Jamie McKelvie’s redesign of Captain Marvel (see above). Informal audition? Maybe, maybe not.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Yeah. Sackoff is pretty awesome. She should be a heroine for sure. If she's going to be Carol, I'd be all for it.

Now for Black Panther...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3 vance_astro  Moderator

She's not attractive enough. She kind of looks like a guy; however as long as Carol is in it..I don't care.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I'm not so sure about her for Carol, but It would be nice to see the character onscreen in some way.

Harley Quinn though? Seriously?

Also, when asked about Ms./Captain Marvel appearing in his films, Joss Whedon didn't seem very interested as apparently her powers aren't defined well enough.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By shanana

She's not attractive enough. She kind of looks like a guy; however as long as Carol is in it..I don't care.

This

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why does Carol need to be super-hot? Her backstory is she was an airforce pilot, that doesn't really require supermodel good looks. Katee has already proven she can play a tough hot shot lady in BSG. And she is sufficiently attractive enought to play Carol in her current costume. I care more about acting skill rather than looks and whether the actress can pull off the role; in those categories, I think Katee is fine.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't think of anyone better............

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

m3th is with JudasNixon and Vance Astro.

-m3th.O.D.-

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#9  Edited By Joygirl

Nyehehehehehehhe you wanna Katee my Sackoff.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

Nothing against Katee Sackoff but if she gets the role then she's going to be what I consider the perversion "Captain Marvel" then the character Ms. Marvel I've grown to be a fan of. *waits for someone to jump on that comment.*

Now I'm not sure I want her for the role but lots of people seem to like Yvonne Strahovski for it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

@vance_astro said:

Why does Carol need to be super-hot? Her backstory is she was an airforce pilot, that doesn't really require supermodel good looks. Katee has already proven she can play a tough hot shot lady in BSG. And she is sufficiently attractive enought to play Carol in her current costume. I care more about acting skill rather than looks and whether the actress can pull off the role; in those categories, I think Katee is fine.

Agreed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vance_astro  Moderator

@rdclip said:

Why does Carol need to be super-hot?

Ask the person who created her.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She isn't hot enough. Plain and simple; see what I did there.

CIN.

daedalus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By daedalus25

@dernman said:

Nothing against Katee Sackoff but if she gets the role then she's going to be what I consider the perversion "Captain Marvel" then the character Ms. Marvel I've grown to be a fan of. *waits for someone to jump on that comment.*

Now I'm not sure I want her for the role but lots of people seem to like Yvonne Strahovski for it.

Yvonne is still my #1 vote to play Ms. Marvel.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

Yvonne is still my #1 vote to play Ms. Marvel.

I've never really done a search on who I think should be Ms. Marvel. Right now Yvonne is my plan B if I can't find anyone better.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

She isn't hot enough. Plain and simple; see what I did there.

CIN.

The image above really doesn't do her justice. I at first thought the same thing, but after looking her up on Google I quickly changed my mind.

Her's a better image of her:

No Caption Provided

I could easily see her playing Ms. Marvel.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vance_astro  Moderator

@war_killer said:

The image above really doesn't do her justice. I at first thought the same thing, but after looking her up on Google I quickly changed my mind.

I saw her on Jimmy Kimmel, I still don't think she has the look physically to play Ms.Marvel. I know people are going to come in and say "all the matters is if she can act" but I don't believe that. The best performances in comic related films are ALWAYS given by people who actually have some resemblance to the character they're playing. Hugh Jackman isn't a good Wolverine just because he's a good actor, he has the look down. I have no doubt in my mind Marvel Studios would pick someone like her to play Carol, but I think they should keep looking.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

I saw her on Jimmy Kimmel, I still don't think she has the look physically to play Ms.Marvel. I know people are going to come in and say "all the matters is if she can act" but I don't believe that. The best performances in comic related films are ALWAYS given by people who actually have some resemblance to the character they're playing. Hugh Jackman isn't a good Wolverine just because he's a good actor, he has the look down. I have no doubt in my mind Marvel Studios would pick someone like her to play Carol, but I think they should keep looking.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I haven't seen her in anything before, so I can't say anything on her acting skills. As for her look and appearance, she has the look down and if we've learned anything from Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth, with the right trainer and a few good months of working out I can see her meeting the physical aspect of the role as well. But hey, Marvel's been pretty good when it comes to casting, so whoever they decide to go with, I'm sure it will be good.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vance_astro  Moderator

@war_killer said:

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I haven't seen her in anything before, so I can't say anything on her acting skills. As for her look and appearance, she has the look down and if we've learned anything from Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth, with the right trainer and a few good months of working out I can see her meeting the physical aspect of the role as well. But hey, Marvel's been pretty good when it comes to casting, so whoever they decide to go with, I'm sure it will be good.

Chris Evans isn't a good Captain America, he's just not a bad Captain America. Chris Hemsworth on the other hand is a PERFECT Thor.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

Chris Evans isn't a good Captain America, he's just not a bad Captain America. Chris Hemsworth on the other hand is a PERFECT Thor.

I disagree with you about Chris Evans, I thought he was a really great Captain America and did the role justice. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Hemsworth was an amazing Thor, that I do agree with. xD

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I would prefer someone in the area of a charlize theron to play Ms Marvel.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think these were proven false guys. She hasnt gotten into talks for any Marvel movie; Thank God.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.