Is Ms.Marvel Fat?

  • 163 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Dr.Spy (90 posts) - - Show Bio

 


 


 


 

Got this idea from a CBR forum. So what do you guys think, is Carol fat? I personally don't see it, but wouldn't mind her looking like so (Or fatter. Preferrably fatter). 
 
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

STOP MAKING THESE TYPE OF THREADS.YOU KNOW VERY WELL MS.MARVEL ISN'T FAT.

Moderator
#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

She is not fat, people just have a way of insulting her with using the word "Fat"

#4 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

she isnt fat
this is a stupid thread

#5 Posted by Dr.Spy (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx:
Was it Bendis who started the whole theme of being called fat getting to Carol?
#6 Posted by Dr.Spy (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
If you read my post, I even said I don't see her as being fat. This was more or less to call attention and debate to all the "She is fat" bashing she's been getting in the comics as of late.
#7 Posted by RioBravo (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind if they drew her with more curves in all the right places.

#8 Posted by Dr.Spy (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@RioBravo:
Neither would I. (See the Ms.Marvel vs. the Fatso-Ray pic I found for a rough idea up @ the top in the first post).
#9 Edited by Edgehunter (33 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dr.Spy said:

" @Vance Astro: If you read my post, I even said I don't see her as being fat. This was more or less to call attention and debate to all the "She is fat" bashing she's been getting in the comics as of late. "

The term fat shouldn't have been used.If you want to see Ms.Marvel with more curves..say that.Everyone can see she's not fat but when the title says "Is Ms.Marvel Fat?" Then you post a cover where she was fat and then say you would like to see her "fatter" people might not understand what you mean.I personally think Ms.Marvel is fine the way she is.Some of that dialouge in those scans seem fake.I don't really remember dialogue that heavily but do recall several times Ms.Marvel has been called fat.The fat thing with Ms.Marvel is just and inside joke like the whole "She-Hulk slept with Juggernaut thing".Basically still all i'm saying is you should chose better wording.We can all see that even though the characters are calling her fat in those scans that she's not at all fat.
#10 Posted by Dr.Spy (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgehunter:
Y'know, not to get too off topic, but I'd heard the whole "Shulkie slept with Juggy!" thing was just a skrull who slept with Cain Marko, but recently while browsing the She-Hulk on wiki, it said that, too was retconned and she did sleep with him.
#11 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

stoopid.

#12 Posted by Eccentric (189 posts) - - Show Bio

its impossible for any female comic character to be fat unless intended

#13 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. i just googled " fat Ms.Marvel" and this topic is all over the place...
whats the world coming to?

#14 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

 Carol fat? kidding right?, but the truth is not the first time I read, Carol is one the best body of marvel, besides being one of the most beautiful.

 Ms Marvel is not fat, it is absurd to think.

#15 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you serous!?
Ms Marvel has a body to die for!
 SHE'S GORGEOUSSS. <3

#16 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

No, she is not fat.
#17 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
she is just thick
#18 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because some supervillians refer to her as such doesn't make it so especially Doom, I mean calling a woman fat, whether she is or isn't, is almost as bad as calling her the "C" word. Heck to some women its even worse.
 
Its been stated before and I'll say it again, Ms Marvel is perfect.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" Just because some supervillians refer to her as such doesn't make it so especially Doom, I mean calling a woman fat, whether she is or isn't, is almost as bad as calling her the "C" word. Heck to some women its even worse.  Its been stated before and I'll say it again, Ms Marvel is perfect. "
Doom's dialouge doesn't even seem real.I know he's a d#ck but Doom usually dances around insults.You know he's so smart that he can insult people without them getting it.I know Bendis wrote it and he's pretty untrue to characters but to just come out and call Carol a fat whore...that seems a little odd.
Moderator
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" she is just thick "
She's not even that.If it wasn't for the Power Girl boobs she'd be pretty lean.
Moderator
#21 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis
#22 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

She is FIIIIIINEEEEEEE!!!!
#23 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Her bio in our Marvel encyclopedia says she's like 124 or so, there's NO WAY she could be fat, maybe everyone there is mistaking sweet meat for fat.
 
Wow that sounded perverted enough...

#24 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @castleking said:
" she is just thick "
She's not even that.If it wasn't for the Power Girl boobs she'd be pretty lean. "
what about her birthing hips?
#25 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@The WeatherMan said:
" She is FIIIIIINEEEEEEE!!!! "
Agreed.
#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @castleking said:
" she is just thick "
She's not even that.If it wasn't for the Power Girl boobs she'd be pretty lean. "
what about her birthing hips?
"
Depends on who draws her.De Le Torre usually puts more meat on her.Pretty much no one else does.
Moderator
#27 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
lets be honest she aint no supergirl, wondergirl, x23 or even athletic look like domino or any other girl.... i think her body is more along the lines of Emma.
 
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

That's fan art.Emma was a stripper and she was never really all that "thick". 

Moderator
#29 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
she is older now so she is thicker. just like carol
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" she is older now so she is thicker. just like carol
"
Looks pretty skinny to me.... 

Moderator
#31 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
illusion casting on the reader -_-
#32 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate but... I would plow Ms. Marvel till next July. That is all.
#33 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms.Marvel is not fat, she is a real Woman, not a stick figure that forgot to eat breakfast,lunch,dinner and then snacks. I like the way Ms.Marvel is. Plus with her Strength, and Durablity and then her army training it adds muscle, its like her power is all in her mind. Anyway if you absorb and absorb im sure it has to go somewhere till its used :) 
 
Nope shes not fat, i cant believe im defending a fictional character about fat or not, is this the school ground -_-

#34 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel is great looking, not just saying that because I'm a guy, I mean she's not fat or skinny, she looks like a normal size woman of her age (but this my depend on which artist draws her).

#35 Posted by Comiclove5 (1256 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they mean she has a big butt for a white girl.
#36 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: It must have been a malfunctioning doombot!
#37 Edited by Ms.marvel1 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dr.Spy:

NO SHE IS NOT FAT!!!! YOU WANT FAT LOOK UP "BIG BERTHA"! Ms. Marvel is good looking!

You wanna get smacked like in the 1st picture?!?!!

#38 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eccentric said:
" its impossible for any female comic character to be fat unless intended "
Unless the artist has no sense of anatomy.
#39 Posted by Ms.marvel1 (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@The WeatherMan said:
"I'm sorry if this is inappropriate but... I would plow Ms. Marvel till next July. That is all. "

PERVERT!
#40 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she fat? Good Lord, yes! Oh no, she's backing up! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
Seriously though, that is one good looking woman.

#41 Posted by Ms.marvel1 (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"lets be honest she aint no supergirl, wondergirl, x23 or even athletic look like domino or any other girl.... i think her body is more along the lines of Emma.
 
 
"

LEAVE POOR EMMA ALONE! ITS NOT HER FAULT THEY DON'T WANNA DRAW HER WITH CLOTHES!
#42 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms.marvel1 said:
"

@Dr.Spy:

NO SHE IS NOT FAT!!!! YOU WANT FAT LOOK UP "BIG BERTHA"! Ms. Marvel is good looking!

You wanna get smacked like in the 1st picture?!?!!

"

 meet Big Bertha
#43 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Ms.marvel1 said:
"

@Dr.Spy:

NO SHE IS NOT FAT!!!! YOU WANT FAT LOOK UP "BIG BERTHA"! Ms. Marvel is good looking!

You wanna get smacked like in the 1st picture?!?!!

"

 meet Big Bertha
"
Oh my God. Someone accused her of being fat? You people make me sick! No wonder so many young girls are struggling with weight issues. This woman is not fat!
#44 Posted by Ms.marvel1 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay know not THAT big Bertha there was this one lady on marvel.com and she was like a shape shifter or wahtev and she looked pretty big sorry BIG BERTHA IS SKINNY my bad! XD FAIL!
#45 Posted by Ms.marvel1 (31 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms.marvel1: I'm just teasing, it's the same woman. She's normally small but can get really big.
#47 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms.marvel1: 
i know. theyre the same character. you apparently dont know anything about her. 
since you claim to know about Big Bertha how is it you dont know that shes a super model in real life?
#48 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Ms.marvel1:  i know. theyre the same character. you apparently dont know anything about her.  since you claim to know about Big Bertha how is it you dont know that shes a super model in real life? "
She's probably just seen her picture. It's not like she's a major character.
#49 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: I "respect" her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.