Is it time for a new Ms. Marvel series?

#1 Edited by Joe_Amazing (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's only been about a year since the cancellation of her previous series, but now that everything is going "Heroic Age" over at Marvel, perhaps it's time for a new Ms. Marvel series?  She's shown she can carry a series by herself, plus as a strong feminist character, she needs to shine on her own outside of her adventures with the Avengers.  It just doesn't seem right having her just being part of an ensemble cast of heroes without a new solo series.

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

the fact that I've forgotten her character even exists anymore tells me yes

#3 Posted by SystemID (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Very much so. Yes.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Marvel is still doing "events" , no.That was her downfall in the first place.As soon as Bendis isn't writing a huge chunk of titles than Ms.Marvel should come back.Bendis' wack ass Secret Invasion,Dark Reign and Siege completely ruined her comic.He wasn't writing it but it's obvious Brian Reed was forced to put things in the comic that reflected the interest of Bendis.War of the Marvels is the worst thing i've ever read.The time Moonstone spent as Ms.Marvel was completely worthless and not a good read even a little bit,All of the ridiculous cameos and throw away issues weren't necessary.Like how Ms.Marvel's book was ahead in continuity of everyone's after Secret Invasion so they did that issue where Ms.Marvel teamed up with Spider-Man and they tried to make them an item.I'm sick of that too.I'm tired of Marvel making all of these characters "have a crush on" Spider-Man.You ever notice how every A-list male hero has like 4-5 random superheroines who have a crush on them, but will never act on their feelings? It's lame.

#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"As long as Marvel is still doing "events" , no.That was her downfall in the first place.As soon as Bendis isn't writing a huge chunk of titles than Ms.Marvel should come back.Bendis' wack ass Secret Invasion,Dark Reign and Siege completely ruined her comic.He wasn't writing it but it's obvious Brian Reed was forced to put things in the comic that reflected the interest of Bendis.War of the Marvels is the worst thing i've ever read.The time Moonstone spent as Ms.Marvel was completely worthless and not a good read even a little bit,All of the ridiculous cameos and throw away issues weren't necessary.Like how Ms.Marvel's book was ahead in continuity of everyone's after Secret Invasion so they did that issue where Ms.Marvel teamed up with Spider-Man and they tried to make them an item.I'm sick of that too.I'm tired of Marvel making all of these characters "have a crush on" Spider-Man.You ever notice how every A-list male hero has like 4-5 random superheroines who have a crush on them, but will never act on their feelings? It's lame. "

She has a crush on Spiderman??
#6 Edited by Joe_Amazing (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  I agree with you 110%, Vance.  What they need to do is distance a Ms. Marvel title from any events going on and just let the creative team on it focus on her.  Not what's going on in other books or events.
#7 Posted by PowerHerc (80712 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see her have another one, but if she doesn't sell well enough to merit an on-going, then why would they?
#8 Edited by Jake Fury (18064 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Shanana (52814 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel sucks when it comes to giving any of their females the spotlight, they should give both Ms. Marvel and Black Widow their series' back, cut this whole "She-Hulks" crap and give Jen her own title again, and why you're at it give Invisible Woman a mini-series or something please!

#11 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ms. Marvel does better as a team leader, like when she was leading the Mighty Avengers.  If it were me, I'd take Luke Cage off the New Avengers, or at least replace him as leader.  I don't dislike his character, but can he really be the leader of two teams at the same time?

#12 Posted by Joe_Amazing (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha:  Thanks for the opinion, Sha.  But what's with the spoiler attachment?
#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think its time for her to have a full on monthly series.. but I think a mini series would do the character nicely. She has a role in the New Avengers, a mini would be nice to just fill in some story instead of having her off on her own and then with the New Avengers. That's the problem with all these characters that people want to get their own comic, eventually the stories get watered down. A mini series will work better because the writer has a distinct goal of four, five, or six issues so they can give the character the attention they deserve and then move onto either another story or another character all together. That way you don't get writers losing interest in the character, which clearly happened with Brian Reed when he had to write Ms. M with Moonstone playing the part.

#14 Posted by fps_dean (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it's definitely time.  Ms. Marvel is one of my favorite characters so I'd be very happy!

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel owes Carol Danvers big time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.