Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4375 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

I'm sorry to say this but she's not ready to date.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar

I don't mean the character as a character in the Marvel Universe. I mean as a franchise and a brand, Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel could not survive well if she dated someone like Spiderman or Ironman who's brand is larger and more well known. The threat of her character becoming a supporting member of another major Marvel character's story is very real when people try to push a Captain Marvel/Spider-man/Ironman/<Insert any other major Marvel character here>

The character as it stands, is far too new in the position she's in.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

I agree shes better off waiting for some one she really likes rather then settling for Spider-Man or Tony, or Captain by default. Shes better off waiting for some Demi God or Kree dude that she meshes with alot better then any of the main avengers.

TheKnifeRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheKnifeRose

Really absolutely no reason to rush it. I'd rather she be independent and let her brand build as Captain Marvel then push into another ill fated comic romance that would outshine what she is currently.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrimeDirective

The thing is, Carol wears the pants in her and Pete's relationship. She's the pilot and he rides shotgun. She picks the restaraunt and picks up the check. She won't even wait on his web-swinging... She'll just pick him up and carry him. I don't think he'd outshine her, especially when he has to hide behind her when the bullets start flying. No, if anything, she take him down a peg.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darthfury78

I am in no rush to see a Peter Parker x Carol Danvers relationship develop into a romantic one either. This is why they should stay at the PALS level. But the type of relationship that Peter has with Carol should be expanded to include a diverse mix of other heroines like Black Widow, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, and Psylocke. If Marvel would add a few other heroines into the mix, then no one would be bothered with Peter x Carol too much as he would have other heroines to develop his friendship with that some of us wouldn't mind seeing.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sovereign91001

@PrimeDirective said:

The thing is, Carol wears the pants in her and Pete's relationship. She's the pilot and he rides shotgun. She picks the restaraunt and picks up the check. She won't even wait on his web-swinging... She'll just pick him up and carry him. I don't think he'd outshine her, especially when he has to hide behind her when the bullets start flying. No, if anything, she take him down a peg.

Truth.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I agree. Keep her single for a while to let her flourish in her new role.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, except no. He is Spiderman, & no one knows who she is. Your post is flawed because, its like saying Batman cant hang with Supes or WW. Batman far eclipses Wonder Woman, & its the same with Spiderman with Ms Marvel.

As for them dating, its horrible. I am against having Laurel Lance on Arrow, all its done is reduce her to a pointless love triangle between Oliver & Tommy, & now she's done nothing in 9 episodes in S2. Wait, one episode she had to be saved from a killer. She is supposed to become Black Canary. She is DC's second female franchise character after Wonder Woman. & she is taking pills because everyone abandons her. She is this close to being the pointless Lana Lang of that show. All Black Canry will be known as is GA's girlfriend. Same with Ms Marvel. The chick whose banging Spidey while MJ is away.

Heroes should never be involved with each other. Ok, there are a few exceptions, Cyclops-Emma,Jean/Hope; Reed-Sue; Ant-man-Wasp; you can get away with it with WW& Bats or Supes, but Heroes need a supporting cast, & that includes a romantic love interest. Clack-Lois; WW-Steve Trevor; Spidey-MJ,Gwen; you do not cross over franchises. You just dont.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primedirective said:

Heroes should never be involved with each other. Ok, there are a few exceptions, Cyclops-Emma,Jean/Hope; Reed-Sue; Ant-man-Wasp; you can get away with it with WW& Bats or Supes, but Heroes need a supporting cast, & that includes a romantic love interest. Clack-Lois; WW-Steve Trevor; Spidey-MJ,Gwen; you do not cross over franchises. You just dont.

It depends on the writer and how well the story is executed.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By M3th

So... what about it?

-ABstract4$$#073-

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i agree she does have a whole lot to deal with.

still if sentry does back back fully maybe they can both start a thing and battle evil in space

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By z3ro180
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

She found someone

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darthfury78

@daredevil21134: So Marvel shot down the idea of Peter Parker x Carol Danvers for War Machine whose personality is just like Carol's? LOL

We'll see how this relationship progressed. Hope it last as long as Peter's marriage to Mary Jane. Although, for Carol, history has shown that Carol's relationship with guys similar to her own personality traits is doomed to fail. Just look at her relationship with Mar-Vell and Simon Williams, for example. Both guys were similar to Carol in every respect. And James Rhodes is no exception.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lifeofvibe

Shes really is cool and she's seemingly perfect for anyone including batman but I have to agree she really would becomes a supporting character If she dated characters like those like wonder women is becoming

And it becomes such a such a shame if crap like that started happening in the marvel universe

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darthfury78

@lifeofvibe said:

Shes really is cool and she's seemingly perfect for anyone including batman but I have to agree she really would become a supporting character If she dated characters like those like wonder women is becoming

And it becomes such a such a shame if crap like that started happening in the marvel universe

It depends on how the writer handles it. Nothing wrong with being a supporting character if the two sides are balanced to form a major character that works together. Just imagine if Carol wasn't a superhero to begin with. Then it would not be a big deal as to who she's dating.

I will say that if Peter Parker x Carol Danvers shared a romantic relationship together, it would take place on another Earth, outside the mainstream Marvel Universe.

No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

Once you goblack you never go back hahaha

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I really don't get the Spidey and Carol thing. Yes I know of the past events were the venom suit found tht Carol had feelings for Peter but I feel that's more of a brother sister relationship. Carol and Cap would have been a good pairing because if anyone has read New Avengers you will find that Cap is the one person that Carol has the most intimacy ( not sexual but being able to talk about her secrets her desires stuff she cannot tell anyone else). But War Machine is also a great match for her. Both have similar back grounds with their military training. It can work.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darthfury78

@humanrocket said:

I really don't get the Spidey and Carol thing. Yes I know of the past events were the venom suit found that Carol had feelings for Peter but I feel that's more of a brother sister relationship. Carol and Cap would have been a good pairing because if anyone has read New Avengers you will find that Cap is the one person that Carol has the most intimacy ( not sexual but being able to talk about her secrets her desires stuff she cannot tell anyone else). But War Machine is also a great match for her. Both have similar back grounds with their military training. It can work.

According to Daniel:

RWG95: Did anyone know that one of the writers where setting up a romance between these two(Peter x Carol) but the higher-ups Marvel shot it down before it could actually finish, the set up already started with the Dark Reign.

It's such a shame that Marvel killed the idea. And the current writer for Carol's series isn't interested in the idea either. Thus, the seeds to a potential relationship between Peter and Carol was killed off before it had a change to rival his past relationship with the Black Cat.

But if you do not believe me, here is Daniel's website if you wish to ask him about it directly:

http://rwg95.deviantart.com/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.