Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4390 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

I Don't Know What's Going On. (Captain Marvel Cancellation?)

• 75 results
    Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

There's no Captain Marvel issue solicited for November!

But Kelly Sue DeConnick has said on twitter, "Carol Corps, Stay tuned, have faith, exciting news coming."

I don't know what to make of this. Does anyone have any thoughts? If the series has been cancelled, I don't know what news could be exciting. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Maybe a new series to showcase her more or the cover has a spoiler.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe a new series to showcase her more or the cover has a spoiler

I'm not sure. I've seen solicits post blank covers when there's spoilers, like with Hunger.

You think they could just be rebooting it? I suppose that's possible. Seems a little soon though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Captain Marvel Corps? I don't know.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like leading her own team?

That seems like the best option outside of a solo series.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

I haven't heard a thing, I know over the years Marvel has a history of canceling Carol's titles, and bringing them back, in some fashion or another. I feel like if they are gonna try something new with her, then add her to the Defenders.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea, whatever happens I just hope Kelly Sue is working on it, she's a great writer

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I haven't heard a thing, I know over the years Marvel has a history of canceling Carol's titles, and bringing them back, in some fashion or another. I feel like if they are gonna try something new with her, then add her to the Defenders.

Is that the best place for her? I've heard that series isn't so good.

@v_scarlotte_rose said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

Yea, whatever happens I just hope Kelly Sue is working on it, she's a great writer

Yeah, I've been liking what she's been doing so far. Hopefully whatever it is will be announced soon.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the series is that bad she would definitely be a plus.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

Avengers VS Superior Spider-Man? :P

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@delphic said:

Avengers VS Superior Spider-Man? :P

What?

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Delphic

@v_scarlotte_rose: Eh, just a silly idea I had. SpOck seems to be going the way of Superhero Supreme Overlord in his book with his systematic takeover of manhattan. The idea was that Surely the Avengers can't turn a blind eye to this forever. Seeing as Carol is part of the Avengers (and also one of Peter's friends) I could see a tie-in issue to that event; however, seeing as Infinity is marvel's current event, and that there are probably November solicits for both Avengers and Superior Spider-man, I doubt this was happen.

Long story short: Ignore me, I'm just being silly.

shol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By shol

My first guess was that Captain Marvel might be canceled and rebooted a couple of months later like Uncanny X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. or just canceled for the time-being like Journey Into Mystery. But after reading DeConnick's message on Twitter, I'm going to have to agree with Jonny_Anonymous that they might change the title into a Captain Marvel Corps team series. I, for one, am excited to see what DeConnick has in-store for us. Glad Captain Marvel #17 won't be the last time we see Carol headlining a series.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By cameron83

There's no Captain Marvel issue solicited for November!

But Kelly Sue DeConnick has said on twitter, "Carol Corps, Stay tuned, have faith, exciting news coming."

I don't know what to make of this. Does anyone have any thoughts? If the series has been cancelled, I don't know what news could be exciting. Does anyone have any thoughts?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47342

I don't think there's any need to worry :)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shol: It is kind of exciting. I just hope we don't have to wait too long to find out. I'm not totally sure what a Captain Marvel Corps would actually be, but if it's still Carol in charge with Kelly Sue writing, then it should still be O.K.

However if this means that Carol isn't technically in a solo series, I will be a bit disappointed, as that would mean that there are no female solo titles left at Marvel.

@cameron83: I'm not so much worried now. Just very confused and curious as to what's happening. If Kelly Sue says there's exciting new coming, it must still be good news for Carol I think.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

please be going back to Ms. Marvel please be going back to Ms. Marvel please be going back to Ms. Marvel

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shol:

It is kind of exciting. I just hope we don't have to wait too long to find out. I'm not totally sure what a Captain Marvel Corps would actually be, but if it's still Carol in charge with Kelly Sue writing, then it should still be O.K.

However if this means that Carol isn't technically in a solo series, I will be a bit disappointed, as that would mean that there are no female solo titles left at Marvel.

@cameron83: I'm not so much worried now. Just very confused and curious as to what's happening. If Kelly Sue says there's exciting new coming, it must still be good news for Carol I think.

Hm. A Carol corps...I would DEFINITELY pay to see that. I just hope she doesn't go back to being "Ms. Marvel". I like the new one (especially the costume) better.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I'll be a bit surprised if they actually turn the Carol Corps into something in the series. It must be unusual for the name of a group of fans to end up being an in-canon team name.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I'll be a bit surprised if they actually turn the Carol Corps into something in the series. It must be unusual for the name of a group of fans to end up being an in-canon team name.

lol I was just kidding. But from what I hear,we shouldn't have anything really to worry about.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

New title maybe?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: We'll see soon enough. :)

I'm just thinking. Maybe with Marvel trying out X-Men and Defenders teams with only women, maybe they've decided to try it with the Avengers, and have Kelly Sue writing it with Carol as the leader.

I'm not necessarily a fan of single gendered teams, but if it has to happen, then I think she's the right person to be writing it.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:

We'll see soon enough. :)

I'm just thinking. Maybe with Marvel trying out X-Men and Defenders teams with only women, maybe they've decided to try it with the Avengers, and have Kelly Sue writing it with Carol as the leader.

I'm not necessarily a fan of single gendered teams, but if it has to happen, then I think she's the right person to be writing it.

Yeah,I'm not exactly a fan of those either,but...I don't know. I actually like X-men. I mean,it's not really like they even know that they are a team,just that they are the ones qualified while at the same time being the only ones available....it's just...I don't know. Something about that book makes me like it. Maybe it's the writing,the characters,the art....I just...don't know.

I mean,off the bat I would find an all female team would seem kinda forced,and I also thought the same of Fearless defenders (also another thing that I like)...it's just...I don't know what I like about them lol

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@cameron83: It could be a perfectly good series, and she's used 4 of my favourite female Avengers in Captain Marvel and Avengers Assemble, so it's quite possible the line-up would suit me pretty well too. It's just that I'd rather see equally mixed teams than have them split up by gender.

However, whilst New Avengers doesn't seem to be a proper Avengers team, it still uses the name. So if there is to be a an all-female team, at least there's an all-male one to balance things out.

@the_stegman: Something tells me it won't be just a new solo title, but that's just speculation. Could be anything.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By PeppeyHare

I just wish they'd change her name back to Ms. Marvel lol. She still have the new look and stuff. Don't get why they changed it in the first place

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@peppeyhare: Ms. Marvel you mean. I don't think it's ever been "Miss".

I'm O.K. with Ms. Marvel, but names like that don't really make sense to me. She took the "Marvel" part from Captain Marvel obviously, but with his name not being gender specific, it seems odd to make her name gendered. If he'd been called Mr. Marvel, then Ms. Marvel would be totally fine.

The name isn't the biggest thing though. She's been Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird and Captain Marvel, but as long as it's Carol, that's what's most important for me.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

please be going back to Ms. Marvel please be going back to Ms. Marvel please be going back to Ms. Marvel

I like that name better.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen a quote from Tom Brevoort which makes me wonder if there's another Avengers title coming. Maybe this is related to the exciting news?

"In the aftermath of INFINITY for a number of months we’re going to be going down to a single issue of AVENGERS every month, as Jonathan needs to recuperate. But that said, there’ll also be something else to take up that slot in the meantime, so you’ll not be deprived of Avengery goodness during those months."

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShadowX

Maybe Captain Marvel And Spiderwoman series?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

I think I would enjoy a series like that. That might be better than a new team series.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
    @tg1982 In response to your question in that other thread, I tag you here, as this is where I've been freaking out about the news.
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lykopis

I knew something would happen but I'm not too sure about this. As long as Carol doesn't get tied up in Fearless Defenders, I'll be okay.

Oh -- and a Spider Woman/Captain Marvel book would be fantastic.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: What's wrong with Fearless Defenders? I've read a few issues and liked it so far, and plan to pic up more. Did it go downhill after issue five?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lykopis

@delphic:

I was really excited about it - and the first couple of issues weren't too bad. If there was a complaint, it might be that there was a little bit male bashing going on (the scene where Dani Moonstar was being kidnapped and they had one of the guys say something to the effect of "she's just a girl" only to have his butt handed to him).

There there was the too quick love between Annabelle and Valkyrie -- while I have nothing against LGBT characters in books, that they chose the first all women team to have one was a little off. Plus, this new character didn't exactly grieve the loss of her co-workers and was more focused on her developing crush? Just my take. Having all the females of Marvel show up for a couple of issues was cool, but to have them all go down in the face of this new Valkyrie was just silly. Silly, silly, silly. I mean, there are characters there who took on gods and huge powerhouses on their own and I am supposed to believe they would go down for the count in this? Just as a way to show Valkyrie as the toughest of them all -- or at least, this new Valkyrie?

The use of someone dying for "love" was eye-ball rolling. I don't mind Valkyrie's past being ret-conned, it does sound pretty cool but I put a lot of stock into story-telling and so far, the story-telling in this is kind of vapid and lazy.

LOL -- sorry, didn't mean to get rantish. I can admit I am being extra critical with this book but when you have characters like Dani and Misty in it (plus, potentially more), I really want it to do well and if the story is below par, then me continuing to support the book will be only because of the all-female part of it and I don't feel comfortable doing that.

Although -- I am kind of excited with what seems to be coming up, villain-wise. Considering this is a new book, it starting off rocky is excusable (to an extent). Oh, and Warrior Woman didn't exactly impress me. It was kinda over-kill.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

I knew something would happen but I'm not too sure about this. As long as Carol doesn't get tied up in Fearless Defenders, I'll be okay.

Oh -- and a Spider Woman/Captain Marvel book would be fantastic.

Outside of simply relaunching her solo title with a new #1, I think a permanent team up with Spider-Woman would be my preferred way to go.

But, if that means the end of her solo title, I hope they start some new female solo titles, as the idea of Marvel having none at all bothers me.

I wish someone would at least tell us when to expect an announcement. And I hope its sometime before the December solicits come out.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@delphic:

I was really excited about it - and the first couple of issues weren't too bad. If there was a complaint, it might be that there was a little bit male bashing going on (the scene where Dani Moonstar was being kidnapped and they had one of the guys say something to the effect of "she's just a girl" only to have his butt handed to him).

There there was the too quick love between Annabelle and Valkyrie -- while I have nothing against LGBT characters in books, that they chose the first all women team to have one was a little off. Plus, this new character didn't exactly grieve the loss of her co-workers and was more focused on her developing crush? Just my take. Having all the females of Marvel show up for a couple of issues was cool, but to have them all go down in the face of this new Valkyrie was just silly. Silly, silly, silly. I mean, there are characters there who took on gods and huge powerhouses on their own and I am supposed to believe they would go down for the count in this? Just as a way to show Valkyrie as the toughest of them all -- or at least, this new Valkyrie?

The use of someone dying for "love" was eye-ball rolling. I don't mind Valkyrie's past being ret-conned, it does sound pretty cool but I put a lot of stock into story-telling and so far, the story-telling in this is kind of vapid and lazy.

LOL -- sorry, didn't mean to get rantish. I can admit I am being extra critical with this book but when you have characters like Dani and Misty in it (plus, potentially more), I really want it to do well and if the story is below par, then me continuing to support the book will be only because of the all-female part of it and I don't feel comfortable doing that.

Although -- I am kind of excited with what seems to be coming up, villain-wise. Considering this is a new book, it starting off rocky is excusable (to an extent). Oh, and Warrior Woman didn't exactly impress me. It was kinda over-kill.

Warrior Woman? You mean Hippolyta? I thought it was pretty cool that they brought her back and turned her into something much more than what she was. Last time Hippolyta showed up she had her head put on a pike by her adolescent daughter who was a sad excuse for an Amazonian leader. Not to mention she was killed off in Hercules of all books. So before now, I don't think Hippolyta had any real importance in marvel. At least this way now the Amazon's have a better representative in Marvel.

Plus I'm sort of a Marvel newcomer. The only book I really read before Marvel NOW! was Spider-man, but with all these new books it's given me new ways to look at the Marvel characters, and introducing me to them in a way that is much easier than it has been in the past. It was the reason I sort of liked Avengers Arena, but I'm not going to bring that argument in here. Maybe though it's just because I'm more new to marvel than others that's the reason behind why I seem to be liking everything that everyone else hates right now.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lykopis

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

But, if that means the end of her solo title, I hope they start some new female solo titles, as the idea of Marvel having none at all bothers me.

I wish someone would at least tell us when to expect an announcement. And I hope its sometime before the December solicits come out.

I would like to know what's happening sooner than later. I was worried about Captain Marvel's book for a while and although this is better news than having it cancelled, not knowing what exactly is happening is a bit nerve wracking. I have to agree, the change in this sounds like there being no female solo title in Marvel and while they slightly edge out DC in terms of female writers/artists, they fall behind in terms of output (when you factor in JIM cancellation.) :/

@delphic said:

Warrior Woman? You mean Hippolyta? I thought it was pretty cool that they brought her back and turned her into something much more than what she was. Last time Hippolyta showed up she had her head put on a pike by her adolescent daughter who was a sad excuse for an Amazonian leader. Not to mention she was killed off in Hercules of all books. So before now, I don't think Hippolyta had any real importance in marvel. At least this way now the Amazon's have a better representative in Marvel.

Plus I'm sort of a Marvel newcomer. The only book I really read before Marvel NOW! was Spider-man, but with all these new books it's given me new ways to look at the Marvel characters, and introducing me to them in a way that is much easier than it has been in the past. It was the reason I sort of liked Avengers Arena, but I'm not going to bring that argument in here. Maybe though it's just because I'm more new to marvel than others that's the reason behind why I seem to be liking everything that everyone else hates right now.

I read the Age of Ultron tie-in that had her story fleshed out a bit more ( I hadn't known much beforehand ) and while I did enjoy it, having her come in when there are other Marvel characters that could have been called in was disappointing for me. I do see your point of view and it's fair, for sure. I had a sour taste in my mouth in that it felt like some pale version of Wonder Woman and if we are going with Amazons AND Valkyries, then maybe a better and more thorough dive into the Amazon world would be in order.

And don't worry, you aren't the only person I know who is enjoying Avenger's Arena. In my instance, one of my all-time characters is in it and her depiction hasn't made me very happy. It's funny because I am dabbling in DC and seem to be okay with some character's portrayals which have others so upset. Clearly it makes a difference in our enjoyment of the books.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@delphic said:

I read the Age of Ultron tie-in that had her story fleshed out a bit more ( I hadn't known much beforehand ) and while I did enjoy it, having her come in when there are other Marvel characters that could have been called in was disappointing for me. I do see your point of view and it's fair, for sure. I had a sour taste in my mouth in that it felt like some pale version of Wonder Woman and if we are going with Amazons AND Valkyries, then maybe a better and more thorough dive into the Amazon world would be in order.

And don't worry, you aren't the only person I know who is enjoying Avenger's Arena. In my instance, one of my all-time characters is in it and her depiction hasn't made me very happy. It's funny because I am dabbling in DC and seem to be okay with some character's portrayals which have others so upset. Clearly it makes a difference in our enjoyment of the books.

The Amazon's of Marvel vs the Amazon's of DC are two very different cultures. If you ask me DC's version is more eloquent and traditional. Marvel's version is much more modernized. Needless to say Wonder Woman wouldn't exactly approve of Marvel's Amazon's (though I hear they are doing decent under Delphyne's rule). I'm actually working on an idea to explore that whole thing as a matter of fact.

Also, I can't say I am still enjoying Avengers Arena as I haven't read it in quite some time. Budget constraints and all that. I am interested though in learning about the new White Tiger. Ava Ayala. Learned about her from Ultimate Spiderman, and I'm looking forward to what will be done with her in mainstream marvel. Of course many are complaining that her existence is only because of that cartoon, but I for one don't feel like a character's origin should prevent them from becoming something more.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lykopis

@delphic said:

The Amazon's of Marvel vs the Amazon's of DC are two very different cultures. If you ask me DC's version is more eloquent and traditional. Marvel's version is much more modernized. Needless to say Wonder Woman wouldn't exactly approve of Marvel's Amazon's (though I hear they are doing decent under Delphyne's rule). I'm actually working on an idea to explore that whole thing as a matter of fact.

Also, I can't say I am still enjoying Avengers Arena as I haven't read it in quite some time. Budget constraints and all that. I am interested though in learning about the new White Tiger. Ava Ayala. Learned about her from Ultimate Spiderman, and I'm looking forward to what will be done with her in mainstream marvel. Of course many are complaining that her existence is only because of that cartoon, but I for one don't feel like a character's origin should prevent them from becoming something more.

From what I read (thanks for the link, btw), I can't see Diana being too happy with Marvel's take on Amazons either, lol. You have sparked my interest so I'll mark it on my every growing list of stories I want to get under my reading belt.

Funny how you brought up the origins of Ava Ayala -- that is X-23's origins as well and she's arguably one of the most popular Marvel characters out there. So I agree with you, entirely. :)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

I would like to know what's happening sooner than later. I was worried about Captain America's book for a while and although this is better news than having it cancelled, not knowing what exactly is happening is a bit nerve wracking. I have to agree, the change in this sounds like there being no female solo title in Marvel and while they slightly edge out DC in terms of female writers/artists, they fall behind in terms of output (when you factor in JIM cancellation.) :/

It seems everyone's keeping pretty quiet about it for now. Someone asked Tom Brevoort when there would be news, and he said "Afraid you’re just going to have to hold your breath and wait and see on this one. All in good time." To me, that makes it sound like it could actually be a while before they announce it, as "all in good time" sounds further away than if he'd said something like "soon". Maybe I'm overthinking that though.

There was an article that said that Black Widow would be becoming a bigger part of the Marvel universe soon, so it seems possible that they'll try her out in a solo title again. I have mixed feeling on that happening though, as I'm not into her being pushed as the female face of Marvel, but at least there would be some solo female representation.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems everyone's keeping pretty quiet about it for now. Someone asked Tom Brevoort when there would be news, and he said

"Afraid you’re just going to have to hold your breath and wait and see on this one. All in good time."

To me, that makes it sound like it could actually be a while before they announce it, as "all in good time" sounds further away than if he'd said something like "soon". Maybe I'm overthinking that though.

There was an article that said that Black Widow would be becoming a bigger part of the Marvel universe soon, so it seems possible that they'll try her out in a solo title again. I have mixed feeling on that happening though, as I'm not into her being pushed as the female face of Marvel, but at least there would be

some

solo female representation.

I don't like the way that sounds, tbh. Is it that they are hoping for something to happen from now until then? I am still reeling from the disappointment of Sif's short run (such a well-written book too) so anymore bad news would be hard to take.

Hmm. Not to make it sound like I'm not a Black Widow fan (because I am) but if that is the angle they are taking, then comments that have been building about the Marvel comic universe matching up with the movie has even more substance to them. While I am not saying I wouldn't support the book, I am with you about the uneasiness having the character be the face for Marvel. If Storm wasn't already in so many books, I would be more comfortable with her own ongoing since she's never had one before. That's just me writing and thinking at the same time, what I really want is Carol to keep her book and maybe a more powerful and stronger push from Marvel to keep it in the forefront of comic enthusiast's minds.

I guess we can only wait like Brevoort cruelly said.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never read captain marvel. she doesn't really appeal to me. if they give it a new number 1 ill try it

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@lykopis: Hoping for something to happen? I'm not sure what you mean. If Kelly Sue says it's exciting, then it seems likely to be good news rather than bad. I hope anyway.

I don't really have a strong opinion of Black Widow, though I think I read some thing recently that made me dislike her a little. I can't remember what it was though. I'm pretty sure as a U.K. fan, I'm unable to support the chances of a series not being cancelled, as the word seems to be that under 20,000 is dangerous, and that seems to be based on North American sales figures.

As not much of an X-Men reader, Storm does kind of seem like she'd be an O.K. choice to try in a solo series. Though she does seem to be in quite a few team titles at the moment(I think it's between 6 and 8, but I don't actually know). Are there other X-Men who could work?

Speaking of films, what if the exciting news is going to be the announcement of a Carol film, and they're going to relaunch the comic with a new #1 to catch the interest and attention of new readers? I think I would be O.K. with that, if there was reason to believe the film would be good anyway.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Hoping for something to happen? I'm not sure what you mean. If Kelly Sue says it's exciting, then it seems likely to be good news rather than bad. I hope anyway.

I don't really have a strong opinion of Black Widow, though I think I read some thing recently that made me dislike her a little. I can't remember what it was though. I'm pretty sure as a U.K. fan, I'm unable to support the chances of a series not being cancelled, as the word seems to be that under 20,000 is dangerous, and that seems to be based on North American sales figures.

As not much of an X-Men reader, Storm does kind of seem like she'd be an O.K. choice to try in a solo series. Though she does seem to be in quite a few team titles at the moment(I think it's between 6 and 8, but I don't actually know). Are there other X-Men who could work?

Speaking of films, what if the exciting news is going to be the announcement of a Carol film, and they're going to relaunch the comic with a new #1 to catch the interest and attention of new readers? I think I would be O.K. with that, if there was reason to believe the film would be good anyway.

You made my heart stop and my stomach flip with your last paragraph...I cannot tell you how excited I would be, just to have a movie out there amongst all these heavies with a female protagonist. I am like you, the worst would be for it to be done half@ssed and forever panned like Catwoman and Elektra (I have seen neither so I don't know how bad they supposedly are) but someone has to make the leap and since DC doesn't seem willing to take the plunge with Wonder Woman, then I would be happy with a Captain Marvel film.

Oh, and I mean more like they are waiting to see if the sales numbers raise up before committing to whatever they say is in the horizon. I don't really think that, but I know of new books being late or not getting off the ground at all despite solicits and art teams in place (like the Young Doctor Doom book that had Cloonan drawing that was abruptly shelved).

Yes, Storm is already too much out there -- maybe the young Jean in her own ongoing, dealing with life in the future? I sincerely don't know of another character which could carry her own book (there is Psylocke, but just like Storm, she's in several books as well and my favourite Rogue headlined Legacy for a long already).

Do you think Spiderwoman could carry a book on her own?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#47  Edited By knighthood

I would hate that. There is no way I'd pick that up. At least if it was a GL or Nova corp type thing.

@shadowx said:

I think I would enjoy a series like that. That might be better than a new team series.

I would be more interested in that.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't care much about the series.I tried it out and I found out that's it's not my kind of thing because I couldn't enjoy as much as I wanted to.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: I think it's about time someone tried another female solo film, as Elektra was quite a while ago(8 years?). There seems to be this strange idea that the films didn't work because the main character was a woman, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so perhaps a good one now would show that there is potential for others too. If Wonder Woman isn't happening yet because people in charge think that female superhero films don't work, A Captain/Ms. Marvel film doing well could be the spark that starts it off. Then maybe other companies would start looking at what characters they have the rights to and start making films out of them. This could lead to raised sales of comics for these characters, so they might start new series' at #1 and start equalising the ratio of male to female solo titles. Things could maybe change for the better if this one potential film goes down well.

Oh, I see. This would seem like a kind of odd time to look at the numbers, as they'll probably rise slightly in the next two months because of being Infinity tie-ins. However, they could perhaps be waiting to announce the new Carol project at a point where more readers than usual happen to have a copy of her monthly series. If non-regular readers buy her Infinity issues, like them, and then hear of a great new jumping on point with a new series, it could pick up some extra interest.

Maybe if they tried out a few unlikely ones, they might get a surprise hit. What about Mystique? I don't know what she's doing at the moment, so I don't know if a solo series would fit, but I liked her previous series from what I've read(most of it).

I think so. I've read a good few of her solo issues(41 out of 66 I think), and I think she does work pretty well as a solo character. Her last solo series only ended because of time problems due to trying to publish it at the same time as making the motion comic, so if they try again with just a comic, it could potentially work.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Mystique's solo series was great. I wasn't a fan of the character (well, I was a fan but I didn't "like" like her) until someone recommended her book. Considering she is the focus and lead of the "bad" guys in both Uncanny and All New X-Men, it could be a good idea.

Like you, I can't understand why a solo female superhero movie is not at the very least, in the works. The common sense behind it is like a neon light.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.