did Carol lose her powers temporarily?

#1 Posted by SUNMAN (7262 posts) - - Show Bio

How come Ms. Marvel no longer has her powers in some of her most recent issues? (30-34)

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91293 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently...

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by SUNMAN (7262 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. Well does anyone know why? I believe she has all her powers in the New Avengers books.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91293 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Okay. Well does anyone know why? I believe she has all her powers in the New Avengers books."
It will be revealed in Ms.Marvel #36.
Moderator Online
#5 Posted by danhimself (22650 posts) - - Show Bio

i think she just hasn't been using them for some reason

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91293 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"i think she just hasn't been using them for some reason"
The preview of #36 suggests she lost her powers.She has a dream about Cru and when she lost her powers last time and then she's on her knees looking at her hands.The dialouge suggests that something happens to her.
Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

She says in issue #34 that she still has her powers but cannot use them. Whether by choice or not is still up in the air.

#8 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe what happened in issue #37 and the ending has me so royally pissed I've pretty much dropped the book from my monthly titles. I get the whole Dark Reign thing and wanting to spotlight the bad guys but that fake Ms. Marvel lacks everything including but not withstanding simple elegance, wit, beauty, brass, etc, etc, etc, if they are trully intending on her being lead then I have no interest in reading it.

At least with Daken taking over Wolverine it's interesting the character is interesting and has more going on upstairs than that 3rd tier blond twat but that's just me.

#9 Posted by SUNMAN (7262 posts) - - Show Bio
Calix said:
"I can't believe what happened in issue #37 and the ending has me so royally pissed I've pretty much dropped the book from my monthly titles. I get the whole Dark Reign thing and wanting to spotlight the bad guys but that fake Ms. Marvel lacks everything including but not withstanding simple elegance, wit, beauty, brass, etc, etc, etc, if they are trully intending on her being lead then I have no interest in reading it.At least with Daken taking over Wolverine it's interesting the character is interesting and has more going on upstairs than that 3rd tier blond twat but that's just me."
its only temporary 
#10 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio

really?SUNMAN said:

"Calix said:
"I can't believe what happened in issue #37 and the ending has me so royally pissed I've pretty much dropped the book from my monthly titles. I get the whole Dark Reign thing and wanting to spotlight the bad guys but that fake Ms. Marvel lacks everything including but not withstanding simple elegance, wit, beauty, brass, etc, etc, etc, if they are trully intending on her being lead then I have no interest in reading it.At least with Daken taking over Wolverine it's interesting the character is interesting and has more going on upstairs than that 3rd tier blond twat but that's just me."
its only temporary 
"
really? aren't we just reaping the seeds sown back in Civil War?  I mean come on, this BS has been building up since then.  that was what? 2005?  4 years later you're still saying it's temporary.  I believe we'll be dealing with this crap as long as Joe Q is around.  Prick.
#11 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, when rogue absorbed them from her, don't you read comics

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91293 posts) - - Show Bio
@grimreaper1980 said:
" yeah, when rogue absorbed them from her, don't you read comics "
You don't even know what you're talking about.Read the OP.He's not talking about whether Ms.Marvel lost her powers ever in her career he means recently.And the answer is no.She still had her powers.She wasn't using them because she exhausted them and hurt herself.
Moderator Online
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91293 posts) - - Show Bio
@grimreaper1980 said:
" yeah, when rogue absorbed them from her, don't you read comics "
You don't even know what you're talking about.Read the OP.He's not talking about whether Ms.Marvel lost her powers ever in her career he means recently.And the answer is no.She still had her powers.She wasn't using them because she exhausted them and hurt herself.
Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.