Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4389 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

confused... beware spoilers

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

ok, i admit i'm still getting to grips with the Marvel Universe...

and i may not have picked the perfect comic here to be my first monthly introduction...

but seriously can someone explain all this to me...

first she was just Ms Marvel... then she got her Binary powers back, now she's lost her Binary powers, or had them taken away from her, never quite did understand the difference between Binary and Ms Marvel's minds...

anyway, and now she's a Skrull?

is there some sort of decoder ring or something i need to understand all this?

please, anyone?

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Copy

G-man started all of this skrull nonsense. I swear I saw him wearing a crown in his skrull form. :)

No idea and how did she lose her binary powers?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Methos

Copy says:

"G-man started all of this skrull nonsense. I swear I saw him wearing a crown in his skrull form. :)No idea and how did she lose her binary powers?"

i may have got it wrong, and this is what normally happens to her as Binary... as i said i'm only just getting to grips with the Marvel universe...

M

Avatar image for fenris_the_wolf
    Fenris the Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Fenris the Wolf

Wait she lost her Binary powers already? and is not a Skrull?

I'm so lost...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

Fenris the Wolf says:

"Wait she lost her Binary powers already? and is not a Skrull?"

i thought she just lost her binary powers and was a Skrull...

scratches head

confused...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"That threw me off too. For some reason I don't think she's really a Skrull. Not only do were get her inner monologue all the time in her book (and Mighty Avengers), when Cru was all involved with her DNA nothing happened. I figure that sort of thing might give her away. Cru was healing her perfectly every time she got jacked up, if Cru saw her Skrull DNA and healed her according to that she'd look like a Skrull every time she healed. Unless the Skrull is so far undercover (a sleeper) that it doesn't know it's a Skrull (so it wouldn't be in the thoughts we read) and it's copying her on a level that not even aliens can detect, I don't think she's a Skrull. It could be a way to ferret out who the real Skrull on the team is though."

has never been more confused

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Copy

Thanks m. And if she is a skrull, I feel bad for wonder man.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That threw me off too. For some reason I don't think she's really a Skrull. Not only do were get her inner monologue all the time in her book (and Mighty Avengers), when Cru was all involved with her DNA nothing happened. I figure that sort of thing might give her away. Cru was healing her perfectly every time she got jacked up, if Cru saw her Skrull DNA and healed her according to that she'd look like a Skrull every time she healed. Unless the Skrull is so far undercover (a sleeper) that it doesn't know it's a Skrull (so it wouldn't be in the thoughts we read) and it's copying her on a level that not even aliens can detect, I don't think she's a Skrull. It could be a way to ferret out who the real Skrull on the team is though.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andferne

Could there be two Ms Marvel's running around? One a Skrull and the other the real deal?

I liked Ms Marvel I hope she doesn't turn out to really be a Skrull.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Andferne says:

"Could there be two Ms Marvel's running around? One a Skrull and the other the real deal?"

That's what i think. Also there's an alternate reality Ms Marvel somewhere, from earlier in the series.
    Post Edited:2008-02-08 19:37:18

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

so we actually could have 3 Ms Marvels running around...

damn, this is getting worse than Supergirl lol

why do i always have to pick the complicated ones?

M

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andferne

Methos says:

"so we actually could have 3 Ms Marvels running around... damn, this is getting worse than Supergirl lol why do i always have to pick the complicated ones? M"

lol poor Methos. If it wasn't complicated, it wouldn't be fun though.....right?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

Ms. Marvel's a Skrull...?

And about two Ms. Marvel's running around, they already did that in issue 10

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck

I forgot to mention last night, I'm pretty sure this has been posted here before somewhere but here's the cover to issue 25:

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

AWWWW F#CK YOU MARVEL!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

i'm actually more intrigued by the premise of Ms Marvel being a Skrull...

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"i'm actually more intrigued by the premise of Ms Marvel being a Skrull... M"

So am I.well not so much intrigued as I am pissed! Ms.Marvel is my second favorite female superhero.We haven't discovered yet either if the skrulls are killing people and replacing them and Elektra and Blackbolt are dead.Or they are hiding them and replacing them meaning they both and Ms.Marvel are still alive.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

i'm not sure as to what the Skrulls have planned... as you can see i'm only just getting into the Marvel universe, but Ms Marvel has become a quick favorite of mine :D

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Buckshot says:

"That threw me off too. For some reason I don't think she's really a Skrull. Not only do were get her inner monologue all the time in her book (and Mighty Avengers), when Cru was all involved with her DNA nothing happened. I figure that sort of thing might give her away. Cru was healing her perfectly every time she got jacked up, if Cru saw her Skrull DNA and healed her according to that she'd look like a Skrull every time she healed. Unless the Skrull is so far undercover (a sleeper) that it doesn't know it's a Skrull (so it wouldn't be in the thoughts we read) and it's copying her on a level that not even aliens can detect, I don't think she's a Skrull. It could be a way to ferret out who the real Skrull on the team is though."
    I hope your right Buck.BTW I believe Ms.Marvel becomes Binary when she absorbs too much energy.I think When the Avengers fought he collective after he killed after flight,she absorbed alot of his energy and became Binary at the end of the comic.Or I think it happens when she absorbs cosmic energy.
    Post Edited:2008-02-09 11:25:14
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gmanfromheck

I really don't think Ms. Marvel is really a Skrull. An argument I made before was with all the thought balloons Bendis has used, it shows us what'd going on in their minds. Someone (sorry I forget who) said that maybe they are brainwashed into actually believing they are the hero they're impersonating. That makes sense to prevent telepaths and such read their minds. Buuuut we've already seen a couple who are fully aware they are skrulls:

Crusader:

and the Revolutionary from the Liberteens (sorry, don't have a scan of that).

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Methos

hmmm...

so Skrull Watch has another 'possible' to add to their list lol

M
    Post Edited:2008-02-09 12:29:34

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By methias

If she is a Skrull I'm burning down Marvel's headquarters.

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Holacik

Methos says:

"i'm not sure as to what the Skrulls have planned... as you can see i'm only just getting into the Marvel universe, but Ms Marvel has become a quick favorite of mine :D M"

I'd recomend checking out Iron Fist, that series is awesome.

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Holacik

Methos says:

"i'm not sure as to what the Skrulls have planned... as you can see i'm only just getting into the Marvel universe, but Ms Marvel has become a quick favorite of mine :D M"

The Skrull empire is pretty much gone, their homeworld was eaten by Galactus, it's probably a start to a new empire.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By zero edge

Buckshot says:

Yeah I agree, I don't think she's a skrull. I think Iron Man could be the Skrull trying to throw us all off.
    Post Edited:2008-02-09 13:03:21

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

zero edge says:

"Yeah I agree, I don't think she's a skrull. If anything, Iron Man could be the Skrull trying to throw us all off."

Iron Man as a Skrull...

he could have been a Skrull since before Civil War and all of it is one elaborate Skrull Plot to throw earth's mutants / metahumans into chaos...

i like it :D

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

The problem wit Iron Man being a Skrull (I've mentioned this in the other Skrull thread which is where we should be talking about all this http://www.comicvine.com/message/skrull-watch-08/460686/&c=124&page=7#post505543 ) is after Ultron gave him a sex change, Reed Richards and Hank Pym gave him a full diagnostic check. They looked at him inside and out. So unless they're Skrulls too, Tony Stark can't be.

The Skrulls may be smart and have advanced technology but I don't think they'd be smart enough to trick Richards and Pym. After all, these are the dudes that got tricked into being cows.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Methos

dunno...

i'll just wait and see what happens...

but it is fun to speculate about how long this invasion has been going on for

M

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By warlock360

wasnt it since the day the fantastic 4 assembled?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Methos

Vance Astro says:

"I don't think so.If Iron Man of all people is a skrull Civil War was a total waste of time."

or Civil War was just another piece in the larger Skrull invasion plan...

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"zero edge says:
    "Yeah I agree, I don't think she's a skrull. If anything, Iron Man could be the Skrull trying to throw us all off."
    Iron Man as a Skrull... he could have been a Skrull since before Civil War and all of it is one elaborate Skrull Plot to throw earth's mutants / metahumans into chaos... i like it :D M "

I don't think so.If Iron Man of all people is a skrull Civil War was a total waste of time.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "I don't think so.If Iron Man of all people is a skrull Civil War was a total waste of time."
    or Civil War was just another piece in the larger Skrull invasion plan... M "

Yes exactly,however Iron Man is the greatest asset to the skrull invasion.If Iron Man is a skrull,Earth already lost.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Methos

which may be the actual point of it...

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"which may be the actual point of it... M"

Well then...ummmm....ummmmm...If earth loses then what will be left? Damnit Marvel..the suspense is killing me.I honestly don't think Tony is a skrull though.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Methos

maybe Earth loosing is the next major arc...

with a massive crossover story following every issue about how the remaining heroes / villains survive the invasion and try and fight back

hell, even i'd buy that lol

M

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By warlock360

Snap i just thought about sumthin... what if EVERYONE except the person that is mostly expected to be one (Iron Man) is a Skrull!?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"maybe Earth loosing is the next major arc... with a massive crossover story following **every** issue about how the remaining heroes / villains survive the invasion and try and fight back hell, even i'd buy that lol M"

Actually Methos,that would be kind of cool.If the Skrulls took over earth and then we get to see how humans live under skrulls and then it will be like Civil War all over again with heroes hiding out everywhere,waiting to strike.Only to rise up again and take earth back.Sounds good to me.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Methos

Vance Astro says:

"Actually Methos,that would be kind of cool.If the Skrulls took over earth and then we get to see how humans live under skrulls and then it will be like Civil War all over again with heroes hiding out everywhere,waiting to strike.Only to rise up again and take earth back.Sounds good to me."

yeah, that would be an amazingly dark story... it's have to be done well though and with amazing artwork all the way through...

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Warlock360 says:

"Snap i just thought about sumthin... what if EVERYONE except the person that is mostly expected to be one (Iron Man) is a Skrull!?"

Then as I said,Earth doesn't stand a chance,but I'm sure people have always suspected him.Jessica Drew just started trusting him too.If it isn't him this thing can go two ways if not then it's only one way.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Actually Methos,that would be kind of cool.If the Skrulls took over earth and then we get to see how humans live under skrulls and then it will be like Civil War all over again with heroes hiding out everywhere,waiting to strike.Only to rise up again and take earth back.Sounds good to me."
    yeah, that would be an amazingly dark story... it's have to be done well though and with amazing artwork all the way through... M"

speaking of artwork,I would hope to see some Alex Ross on this project.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By warlock360

maybe the krees would get involved and wed get a Genis-Vell come back?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Methos

Vance Astro says:

"speaking of artwork,I would hope to see some Alex Ross on this project."

that would be cool :D

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Warlock360 says:

"maybe the krees would get involved and wed get a Genis-Vell come back?"

The Kree are soft,I wouldn't count on it.The only thing here is if Dr.Strange,Silver Surfer,or Thor are skrulls in addition to Tony.We are really done.I don't think that they would let the Earth be taken over but you know it could go either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.