Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4390 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Casting Idea?

Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
    GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here's some pictures:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'd like to see Jennifer Lawrence as Captain Marvel..

1) I know she's Mystique in the newer X-Men movies. She was great in the newest one- DOFP. I also know she's finishing two film franchises, THG the last one Part 1, and 2.. and the X-Men, she has the Apocalypse coming up and she may have a spin-off movie for Mystique, which would be cool. It would be great to start another standalone franchise, and sign on with Marvel and introduce this character. And you know she's the Mystique of the past, and if they do future X-Men movies, with the old cast they'd probably have an older version of Mystique take the stage.

2) I also saw this article talking about 10 candidates for the lead, and she appeared among them. I think she's got the character look down.. the hair, facial features, etc.

I'm more familiar with the male version (original version) Captain Marvel, so this female version is a little new to me. I know all about Ms. Marvel, and was getting rightfully confused when I heard about this. So yeah, basically Carol Danvers takes the mantle as Captain Marvel, after it's main predecessor, etc. I'd like to look more into this..

Last part:

I was looking up some of the newer GOTG comics, I have yet to read. And found these comic strips:

3)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Some of the dialogue or liners I felt had an uncanny resemblance to the quirkiness of her personality which I found amusing. I remember SLP, so I feel like given that she could pull off the character.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love her, but I don't really see it.

Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
    GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13: Thanks for the feedback! Is there any character you'd like her to be cast as?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By youknowwhattodo

J-Law is already Mystique and Katniss Everdeen, I don't think she needs to be in 3 major franchises. My casting choice for Carol Danvers for now and forever will always be Elizabeth Banks. I'll begin by saying that playing an action hero is one of the easiest things in Hollywood to do, I'd say about a good 80% of actors/actresses could pull off an action hero, I mean we just saw Emily Blunt pull it off and I don't think anyone saw her as a hard-woman. Basically, Elizabeth Banks got that covered. What I think is more important to the casting choice of Carol Danvers is finding an actress who could pull of what is in my eyes the best aspect of her character and that is how down to earth Carol is as well as her sense of humor. While Jennifer Lawrence might be able to do this, I think that Mrs. Banks could just as if not more easily pull it off. She is getting older as an actress so she needs to be in there soon but I think Elizabeth would be perfect as Carol Danvers.

We don't have much time left, we need Elizabeth as Carol NOW!
    We don't have much time left, we need Elizabeth as Carol NOW!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

That last picture of Carol makes her look like a duck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.