Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4390 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Captain Marvel(MCU)-The Most Powerful Superhero

• 83 results
    GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so its been stated that Captain Marvel(Mcu)will be the most powerful superhero,more than Thor and Hulk.a woman to be more powerful than Thor and Hulk???what do you guys think???

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where has this been stated. Show your source.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Where has this been stated. Show your source.

http://mashable.com/2014/10/28/marvel-first-female-superhero-powerful/

there is also on youtube when they showcased Marvel films.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:

Am I missing something? 'Cause that guy just seems to be talking about Carol from the comics to give people a frame of reference on her character going into the movies. Meaning none, or at least very little of that, will actually see play on the big screen. While I can see her standing right up there with the big boys, I doubt she'll be portrayed as tougher than them. She'll probably be in the same tier as Thor, Hulk, and Vision.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. So a glorified blogger type says it, it must be true.

I don't have any issue with Danvers being tough, but I think trying to make guys like Thor and Hulk obsolete beside her will do her more harm then good. It's enough that she'll be on the level.

I've been happy with the MCU thus far. I have faith they won't screw it up.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

@goodboy6 said:

Am I missing something? 'Cause that guy just seems to be talking about Carol from the comics to give people a frame of reference on her character going into the movies. Meaning none, or at least very little of that, will actually see play on the big screen. While I can see her standing right up there with the big boys, I doubt she'll be portrayed as tougher than them. She'll probably be in the same tier as Thor, Hulk, and Vision.

actually he says Mcu.in a way that Thor and Hulk are portrayed in the movies,its not hard to believe that she will be the most powerful.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GoodBoy6

@risingbean: well it would be weird when you see a giant monster with muscles and an alien with a hammer that can summon storms and in the middle is a woman who is more powerful than them.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: It isn't so much that Captain Marvel is a woman. The issue is if they make her stand head and shoulders above the big guys, then it becomes the Captain Marvel and friends show. They'd end up having to remove her for dramatic purposes in anything that wasn't a solo story. Keep in mind how Thor wasn't around for most of AoU. It would be like that.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: still its weird.many have their jaw dropped when they said that Captain Marvel will be the most powerful superhero.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: I would take the info with a grain of salt.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: I'd not trust the bloggers to know what they speak of concerning a movie not coming out for another three years.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: I'd not trust the bloggers to know what they speak of concerning a movie not coming out for another three years.

I will take that as an insult :(.my favourite character is Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers).Im only asking what do you guys think about Captain Marvel being the strongest superhero.90% of fans are hurt because of Thor and Hulk.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: No need to be insulted. It's too early for most to speculate. As I said earlier, if she is so powerful that nobody is in her league, it would limit her interaction with the larger MCU which would hurt her bottom line. She should be in league with the other MCU big dogs, Thor and Hulk.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GoodBoy6

@goodboy6: No need to be insulted. It's too early for most to speculate. As I said earlier, if she is so powerful that nobody is in her league, it would limit her interaction with the larger MCU which would hurt her bottom line. She should be in league with the other MCU big dogs, Thor and Hulk.

well not that powerful.only more powerful than Thor and Hulk,but not by much.fans were gone crazy when they heard that.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like Marvel to show off just how powerful Carol is by fighting the New Avengers for some reason and have her wreck the team. After stomping the lower tier characters, War Machine blitzes her, and flies her through several walls while punching punching her repeatedly and finally, he slams her in the ground. Despite all that, Carol starts to get up as if nothing happened. Rhodey throws a punch, but Carol easily catches his fist and punches him so hard, he's knocked into the stratosphere, one-shoting him.

Sorry to the Carol and Rhodey shippers, I'm not a big fan of that relationship.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

I'd like Marvel to show off just how powerful Carol is by fighting the New Avengers for some reason and have her wreck the team. After stomping the lower tier characters, War Machine blitzes her, and flies her through several walls while punching punching her repeatedly and finally, he slams her in the ground. Despite all that, Carol starts to get up as if nothing happened. Rhodey throws a punch, but Carol easily catches his fist and punches him so hard, he's knocked into the stratosphere, one-shoting him.

Sorry to the Carol and Rhodey shippers, I'm not a big fan of that relationship.

whoa in every Avenger movie they are fighting each other.the only one which Carol could fight is Thor because Asgardians and Kree have some bad blood.since she has some Kree in her it would be logically for her to fight Thor sinece Thor woudnt trust her.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yes, superheroes fighting eachother never gets old. I like how Ant-Man and Vision fought. Carol is only half Kree, but I'm sure Thor might mistake her for a Kree spy, or they could just armwrestle like they did in the EMH comic:

No Caption Provided

Oh, and Carol actually won that match! I have a feeling Captain Marvel in the movies will be up there with the EMH version of the same character. She KOed Ronan, pounded Griffin into the ground, and was as tough as Thor and almost as strong as the Hulk. That's something she proves by going toe to toe with The Hulk in a brawler lock.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

@goodboy6: Yes, superheroes fighting eachother never gets old. I like how Ant-Man and Vision fought. Carol is only half Kree, but I'm sure Thor might mistake her for a Kree spy, or they could just armwrestle like they did in the EMH comic:

No Caption Provided

Oh, and Carol actually won that match! I have a feeling Captain Marvel in the movies will be up there with the EMH version of the same character. She KOed Ronan, pounded Griffin into the ground, and was as tough as Thor and almost as strong as the Hulk. That's something she proves by going toe to toe with The Hulk in a brawler lock.

I think that Thor let her win in EHM.still I doubt that they will make every Avengers movie where they will fight it other.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6:

Nah, Ms Marvel crushed Thor. Seconds after the fight, Thor said "Umph! Odinson let you win!" That's what sore losers say. While its not canon, it's still badass, and is a version of Carol I wouldn't mind seeing in the movies.

Superheroes fight each other all the time. War Machine v Iron Man, Thor v Hulk, Thor v Iron Man, and Ant-Man v Falcon, and Cap v IM. I'd expect a Captain Marvel v Thor, Vision, or IM fight.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

@goodboy6:

Nah, Ms Marvel crushed Thor. Seconds after the fight, Thor said "Umph! Odinson let you win!" That's what sore losers say. While its not canon, it's still badass, and is a version of Carol I wouldn't mind seeing in the movies.

Superheroes fight each other all the time. War Machine v Iron Man, Thor v Hulk, Thor v Iron Man, and Ant-Man v Falcon, and Cap v IM. I'd expect a Captain Marvel v Thor, Vision, or IM fight.

still,I doubt that Thor would fight a woman.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mike5482

@goodboy6:

Why? Would he not fight a woman if the safety of the nine realms were at stake? Of course not. I don't believe in such a role. Women and men fight all the time in comics.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

@goodboy6:

Why? Would he not fight a woman if the safety of the nine realms were at stake? Of course not. I don't believe in such a role. Women and men fight all the time in comics.

this is not the comic version.besides Thor doesnt really look like a type to hit a woman,let alone to body slamming her.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: It doesn't matter, I'm applying real world logic. It may seem out of character, but what if Captain Marvel were trying to steal dangerous technology from the Avengers? Would none of the Avengers stop her simply because she's a woman? I don't think so.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

@goodboy6: It doesn't matter, I'm applying real world logic. It may seem out of character, but what if Captain Marvel were trying to steal dangerous technology from the Avengers? Would none of the Avengers stop her simply because she's a woman? I don't think so.

well I doubt that they will portray her as a villain against Avengers.the only thing would be "Asgardian-Kree thing".

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: I'm fine with just about any excuse, so long as it isn't overly contrived. Take the Iron Man vs Thor fight, for example. They aren't fighting each other because they don't like each other, they just have a different opinion on settling the matter. Considering the high risk of the teseract falling into the wrong hands, its understandable that they come to blows.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

@goodboy6: I'm fine with just about any excuse, so long as it isn't overly contrived. Take the Iron Man vs Thor fight, for example. They aren't fighting each other because they don't like each other, they just have a different opinion on settling the matter. Considering the high risk of the teseract falling into the wrong hands, its understandable that they come to blows.

yeah.we will see.they need to prove their statement "the most powerful superhero".

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Well, instead of fighting each other, Carol could fight and defeat a vilain so powerful, the other Avengers are hesitant about fighting him. Seeing how Carol does against badies compared to the Avengers could be a good indicator of just how powerful she really is.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

@goodboy6: Well, instead of fighting each other, Carol could fight and defeat a vilain so powerful, the other Avengers are hesitant about fighting him. Seeing how Carol does against badies compared to the Avengers could be a good indicator of just how powerful she really is.

well will see.first its her movie on the line.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't ironman more powerful then her in the comics? It doesn't make sense that she would be more powerful then Thor and hulk in the movies

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't ironman more powerful then her in the comics? It doesn't make sense that she would be more powerful then Thor and hulk in the movies

are you kidding me???she could defeat Iron-man with a finger flick.movies are not based on comics.they said she will be the most powerful superhero so its certain she will be more powerful than Thor and Hulk

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: hahahaahahahah bleeding edge would give her a great fight if not best her

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panthersrock: Nah, Carol is. Iron Man doesn't have anything that could compete with her energy absorption.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike5482 said:

@panthersrock: Nah, Carol is. Iron Man doesn't have anything that could compete with her energy absorption.

yeah especially in Mcu.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yeah, movie Carol would wreck IM. With absorbing his energy blasts, Carol would probably one shot him, knock him out of Stark Tower.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PanthersRock

@goodboy6: @mike5482: yes in the MCU maybe but in the comics ironman has energy absobtion as well and in a physical battle ironman is stronger and faster, tony knows who she is and he would not use his energy attacks, he would either h2h her in which he would win or he can trap her in a forcefield that held apocalypse and electro

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Sorry, but to me Carol will always be the hypocritical fascist that made her mark hunting heroes and heroines in civil war. Up till then she was just Rogue's back story, the character I first read and loved in the late 1970's died on that bridge and I find it just marketing that marvel is giving her a push now. If she doesn't sell they'll toss her into the trash heap.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mike5482

@panthersrock: I'm not sure how effective a force field would be against Carol since she has energy absorption.

Carol's energy absorption abilities are much more impressive than Iron Man's. With it, she can KO the Sentry or even feed off the power of a singularity and become Binary.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: @mike5482: yes in the MCU maybe but in the comics ironman has energy absobtion as well and in a physical battle ironman is stronger and faster, tony knows who she is and he would not use his energy attacks, he would either h2h her in which he would win or he can trap her in a forcefield that held apocalypse and electro

are you kidding me???Carol is much stronger.

Mike5482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Oh yes, the old "Carol is a fascist because of Civil War" nonsense. If anyone thinks that superheroing outside the law, vigilantes taking the law into your own hands is acceptable, then you're wrong.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yes he is ironman is a class 100 + and carol is about 90 sometimes at the 70 ton range, ironman has lifted a 16,000 ton nuclear reactor so please tell me how she is stronger then him, and his durability is just a good if not better surviving blows from sentry without even a scratch

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He gets speedblitzed punched across the city and thrown into the ground and he doesn't even have a scratch

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yes he is ironman is a class 100 + and carol is about 90 sometimes at the 70 ton range, ironman has lifted a 16,000 ton nuclear reactor so please tell me how she is stronger then him, and his durability is just a good if not better surviving blows from sentry without even a scratch

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He gets speedblitzed punched across the city and thrown into the ground and he doesn't even have a scratch

Im saying when she is Binary.besides she has yet to reach her full potential.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: I'm not sure what binary is could you explain what it is and how powerful she is with it?

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GoodBoy6

@panthersrock said:

@goodboy6: I'm not sure what binary is could you explain what it is and how powerful she is with it?

its like a Super Saiyan form from Dragon Ball.Her strength goes beyond 100+ and she can destroy the entire planet.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: holy sh*t does she have feats for that if so I'll concede but would his force field still work considering it held apocalypse

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well considering this is current Carol vs Hulk, she will require some serious power enhancement in the MCU (considering MCU Hulk seems above Carols strenght lvl as well):

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@mike5482 said:

@mark_stephen: Oh yes, the old "Carol is a fascist because of Civil War" nonsense. If anyone thinks that superheroing outside the law, vigilantes taking the law into your own hands is acceptable, then you're wrong.

That wasn't the point and you missed the first part of my description. But if you are a Carol fan have fun, I know what I read and what I read were the actions of hypocritical fascist who betrayed friends and allies and was richly rewarded for it. A woman who once threatened to break the wrist of a government agent rather than have her own secret id be put at risk a woman who once helped the X-men break into the Pentagon to keep their identities a secret went after such great and dangerous foes as the Prowler (with a full strike team just in case he proved too much for her) and beat up a woman in front of her daughter when it wasn't her own secret ID on the line. That's your heroine? The woman who gave zero help and support to She-Hulk when Tony depowered She-Hulk and dropped her into New Jersey. A woman who during cw hunted Cap for Tony and during the Illuminati business hunted Tony for Cap.

So yea, hypocritical fascist is how I'd describe her. Not nonsense. Carol as written will turn on friends if it favors what ever agenda she's adopted for that storyline.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GoodBoy6

@vascillator said:

Well considering this is current Carol vs Hulk, she will require some serious power enhancement in the MCU (considering MCU Hulk seems above Carols strenght lvl as well):

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

you are comparing her to Hulk???thats not fair.besides in Mcu Hulk is not so strong.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: holy sh*t does she have feats for that if so I'll concede but would his force field still work considering it held apocalypse

here it is

No Caption Provided

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PanthersRock

@goodboy6: nice is she always like this? Ironman loses to binary but I think he can beat normal ms marvel

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.