Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4386 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Are you happy with the new Ms.Marvel?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I know its a bit early to really come to a conclusion about the new Ms.Marvel since we have yet to see how everything plays out. So i guess the question is more along the lines of who were you hoping would get the mantle or are you happy with an unknown?

For me, I was hoping and praying we would get America Chavez (Miss America) as the new Ms.Marvel. I thought she was perfect for it, especially with young avengers ending.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Whatever rocks Marvel's boat.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

There's only one Ms. Marvel I care about:

Carol Danvers
    Carol Danvers

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I didn't really want anyone taking the name(even Carol), but I think I'm happy enough with Kamala.

When I heard someone was taking it, my main theories were it being Anya Corazon(Spider-Girl) or Darla Deering(Ms. Thing), mainly because Anya has just turned up in comics after a while away, and FF is ending soon, which I thought at the time would leave Darla otherwise stranded.

Knowing that Kamala Khan was created before they had the idea to give her the Ms. Marvel identity means that the name may not have been used if there wasn't a sensible reason to use it. I can't think why the name would go to anyone other than a new hero inspired by Carol, or potentially a sidekick of Carols.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darthfury78

I say that they should have brought back Sharon Ventura as Ms. Marvel. But first, they must restore Sharon back to her human form, and have a power set that is as strong as Rogue, when she had Carol's powers.

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Carol Danvers
    Carol Danvers

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't care for the new Ms Marvel.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Manchine

Carol Danvers
    Carol Danvers

daedalus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Carol Danvers
    Carol Danvers

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the worst, moronic ideas ever that the comic industry has is this idiotic name swapping, identity sharing stuff. All it does is dilute the franchise & creates confusion. For every new fan these reboots bring in, they lose an older hardcore fan that they aliented for no good reason. Plus they might lose people who were just sorta there, because its just not really worth going through the effort to keep up with a fictional character.

Ms Marvel is & always will be Carol Danvers. Even Captain Marvel is Captain Mar-Vell. Bruce wayne is always Batman, Clark is Superman, these will never change. Most would be glad to have this level of recognition.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol Danvers
    Carol Danvers

yup this

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PeppeyHare

I'll decide after I read the book.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowing that Kamala Khan was created before they had the idea to give her the Ms. Marvel identity means that the name may not have been used if there wasn't a sensible reason to use it. I can't think why the name would go to anyone other than a new hero inspired by Carol, or potentially a sidekick of Carols.

How do you think that works, exactly? Does Kamala have to get in contact with Ms. Marvel and get her blessing? Does she just start using the name and hope no one notices, and if the original does, she allows it?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jonsmith: I think I read that they won't be meeting for a while, seeing as Carol is going on a space trip soon, so I don't know when her reaction will be shown. It seems from Point One that Kamala is known to a certain number of the general public as Ms. Marvel, so it seems possible that Carol could find out the name is being used without actually meeting Kamala first.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: I am hoping she takes the mantle for a good reason, she's already in the carol corp? I think she will be a Inhuman, but unlike most inhumans she will step forward when people are in trouble and make a Ms Marvel inspired costume... Then settle into the name as the comic run progresses... But time will tell. Though treading interviews I think the old troubled teenager becomes hero line will be taken.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished reading it, and I loved it, best comic I've read in ages... Such a great ending too, looking forward to the next one

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

"Guys guys! I have this GREAT IDEA! Let's take the only headline non-X-Men female that's ever found ANY solo traction in the comics universe, and change her completely! Comics reders LOVE change, having their favourites replaced and just generally being meddled with by executive decisions, AMIRITE?!"

Counting the days until this ridiculous gimmick is dropped and Carol is back as Captain Marvel.

The sales will tell the story. This idea will bomb, be forced by face-saving and Marvel's ego to limp on like a dying horse for about two years, then when hardly anyone is looking will be quietly brushed under the carpet like the doomed experiment it is. In the Marvel Encyclopedia of 2017, Kamala will be an embarrassing three line/one image footnote on the Carol Danvers splash page.

At absolute best, if the planets align and the Marvel publicity machine glows white from effort, she'll be a Stephanie Brown. But even that will take a miracle and several Faustian pacts with actual demons. Peter Parker's marriage probably paid for the issue one overinflated sales of this book.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@celineness: So negative, did you read it? It's a pretty good first issue... I can see her becoming a memebr of an Inhumanity school for gifted youngsters, shes already better then any of the new xmen that have come out in recent times... IMHO... Looking forward to Captain Marvel though

strejda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobramorph: And Wally West will always be Flash and Jaimie Reyes will alway be Blue Beetle. Sorry, but why is it such a big deal? I get if Nightwing would become Batman forever (no pun intended) since that would just reinforce him being seen just as Batman-lite but why is it such a deal with Carol?

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicbookfan93: it introduced the new character, it wasn't dark story wise, no batman style angst here, she's a teenager but no X-23 angst either, reminded me of an Xmen origin to be honest, showed her life and why she would want to wish to be Ms Marvel. As for fight scenes... Nope. More damsons Creek then Agents of Shield. So possible not the one to buy if you like fight scenes.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no!

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm indifferent to Kamala

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage .

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely.She's definitely her own character and has her own powerset,the whole name thing was just because she adores Carol.

Definitely one of the better "new" characters Marvel brought

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little indifferent.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Indifferent, but I don't think I'm in her target audience anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.