Jim Carrey as Carnage

• 100 results
#51 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

BatgirlBabs says:

"Carey will be a MUCH BETTER Carnage than Topher Grace was as Venom. But honestly, whats with all these super skinny guys? Carnage and Venom are supposed to be **PHYSICAL**
Post Edited:2008-04-26 12:16:55"

Seriously, I was disappointed at Venom's look in Spiderman 3. Come on, isn't Venom supposed to be all huge and muscular? Having him short and skinny just made him so..........wussy.

#52 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spartan says:

"BatgirlBabs says:
"Carey will be a MUCH BETTER Carnage than Topher Grace was as Venom. But honestly, whats with all these super skinny guys? Carnage and Venom are supposed to be **PHYSICAL**
Post Edited:2008-04-26 12:16:55"
Seriously, I was disappointed at Venom's look in Spiderman 3. Come on, isn't Venom supposed to be all huge and muscular? Having him short and skinny just made him so..........wussy."
Jim in my opinion will be a great carnage just watch 23 but after 2 goblins I think they could try new kind of villian carnage right after venom...um no
#53 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
venom hybrid said:
"

Jim carrey is a brilliant actor man he's hilarious but carnage seems a bit to evil for him.

"
dude watch the number 23 movie trust me jum is carnage...theres a cool video in youtube is fan made but it shows
 jim in carnage suit it looks good...
#54 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt they would even have a carnage, he seems to dark of a character, I mean he murders for fun.  Seems a bit much for a movie aimed for kids.

#55 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay.  Jim carrey is great.  And very few people seem to share your opinion about him Vance.  And try to tune down the i'm always right thing.

#56 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe when he was younger. I don't think he'd even accept the role now, especially with how bad Spider-Man 3 was. I also haven't even heard anything about a Spider-Man 4 being made. (Thank God)

#57 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Maybe when he was younger. I don't think he'd even accept the role now, especially with how bad Spider-Man 3 was. I also haven't even heard anything about a Spider-Man 4 being made. (Thank God)"
i admit that i hated the spider-man 3 mistakes they made,  but the movie still got the millions! and i still watch it, besides im a
 jim carrey fan but  the truth is jim is not comming out in so many films like he used to.. ok he might come out in a movie
 and do it awesomely but jim as kasedy would help he's carrear shine as much as he did in the past! even if i loved the number 23 :)
but i miss the crazy Jim carrey like in Ace, the mask, the cable guy. etc
#58 Posted by 9millakilla (8 posts) - - Show Bio

jim carrey isnt going to be carnage

#59 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

If any thing, I thing Denis Leary would be a sick Carnage.  He has that sadistic edge to him.

#60 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

dennis larry i don't know him im not sure but jim carry would be a good idea since i know him

#61 Posted by Burner_Boi_J (20 posts) - - Show Bio

If They Need A Nut Job To Play Carnage Jim Carry Is Your Man

#62 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Burner_Boi_J said:

"If They Need A Nut Job To Play Carnage Jim Carry Is Your Man"

thatz right!!! lol

#63 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey isn't funny....at all.And he sucks as a serious actor.And he's not playing Carnage!

#64 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84451 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could do it. He was crazy in 23 and showed he could pull off a dark character.

#65 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

in batman he was exactly like the producers wanted him to be. i think he can pull it off and actually do good in it i never thought he could be serious until i watched 23 but he can

#66 Posted by Dead Shooter (47 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a toss up between Jim Carrey and if he was still alive Heath Ledger because he was an awsome Joker

#67 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Dead Shooter said:
"

It would be a toss up between Jim Carrey and if he was still alive Heath Ledger because he was an awsome Joker

"
yeah heath ledger i like em
#68 Posted by Graft (1812 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I think he could do it. He was crazy in 23 and showed he could pull off a dark character.
"
#69 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so against this I don't know where to begin. I don't think Carrey could pull off the sadism that comes so naturally to Carnage without making it campy and stupid like his role as Riddler, due to the context he'd be in (namely, the terrible Spider-Man franchise which gets worse with each movie).

#70 Posted by Dead Shooter (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Well anyway Jim could pull off the crazy perfectly

#71 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Jim Carrey isn't funny....at all.And he sucks as a serious actor.And he's not playing Carnage!"

#72 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Sovereign Vance said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Jim Carrey isn't funny....at all.And he sucks as a serious actor.And he's not playing Carnage!"
Millions of moviegoers would tend to disagree with you, Vance. I'm a big fan of Jim Carrey myself. He's a versatile actor, and a brilliant comedic mind. Also, there's no need to quote yourself, if you want attention that bad just tell us.
#73 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess he would play a good Cletus Cassidy, but he should have nothing to do with him as Carnage. After seeing Venom, all i can say is CGI!

#74 Posted by Omni Soldier (3 posts) - - Show Bio

May be a little late to this, but why does Vance keep hatin on Jim. Jim Carrey may be a little eccentric in his roles but i believe he would do well. It's not like McGuire is doing a better job as Spider- Man.

P.S. Peter Parker didn't look like a Dork after highschool

#75 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey would ruin Carnage so NO!

#76 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i think david caruso could play a better carnage then venom and his acting sucks in CIS Miami.

#77 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Cary is better suited to play the Green Goblin!!!

#78 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@Midnight Lantern:
Jim is haha crazy not psycho killing people crazy
#79 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does play carnage (My fav character) I will never go see the movie it would just piss me off.

#80 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

No, no and triple no. If Carnage was to appear in a movie I would want him played by the guy from Scream.

#81 Posted by GodOfDoom (311 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Jim Carrey would be a great Carnage. he pulled off the "crazy guy" role in 23 pretty well.

if not Jim Carrey i think Kevin Bacon would be a good Carnage too.

#82 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

F#ck Jim Carey and Carnage.

#83 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

It might work , strong emphasis on might

#84 Edited by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@KasadyCarnage said:
" If he does play carnage (My fav character) I will never go see the movie it would just piss me off. "
I'm pretty sure that's a lie right there. If my favorite character was to appear in a movie, regardless of who's playing him/her, I'd be the first in line at the theater.

And it seems like a LOT of people agree that Jim Carrey would be an awesome Cletus Kasady. I've been saying this since the first Spider-man. The guy's perfect to play Kasady.

@Korg
said:
" Sovereign Vance said:
"Vance Astro said:
Millions of moviegoers would tend to disagree with you, Vance. I'm a big fan of Jim Carrey myself. He's a versatile actor, and a brilliant comedic mind. Also, there's no need to quote yourself, if you want attention that bad just tell us. "
Yeah I 100% agree. You gotta learn to overlook his comments. He complains about everything that he doesn't agree with, like someone cares.
#85 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X:
No way, think about it. He will make a mockory of Carnage and go like "Hey Spidey wana box of chocolates" and do stupid things like that.
#86 Posted by HroandCarnage (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the best actor for Carnage is Robert Pattinson not Jim Kerry

#87 Posted by HroandCarnage (20 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like Kletus Cassidy!!!!!!!!!!!
#88 Edited by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

F**K NO!!
#89 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@KasadyCarnage: He be trollin >_>
#90 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just no. -_-

#91 Posted by cloverfield (455 posts) - - Show Bio

no because he is just too funny to play carnage

#92 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

well its obviously not true 
cos the thread is 2 years old 

#93 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Spider-man.: Yes, exactly.

@HroandCarnage:  Dude, you're more messed up than Carnage himself if you think HE could be Carnage.
#94 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want him to be carnage
But i don't believe it too

#95 Posted by HroandCarnage (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Pattinson looks like serial killer.Here he looks like Cletus Cassidy!He played role of vampire(Edward Cullen).So he can play role of Carnage good than anyone!
#96 Posted by HroandCarnage (20 posts) - - Show Bio

What will you say about  it?

#97 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

He Was Born for that Role.

#98 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I hate the character, I'd love Jim Carrey for it. 

#99 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" As much as I hate the character, I'd love Jim Carrey for it.  "
Why?
#100 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative:  

Well if you look at the way Carnage's been written over the years, you'll find that he's an insane individual who gets a jolly out of ending lives.  He finds it almost hilarious to kill someone. Now if you want an actor who can be disturbed, creepy, and humorous, Jim Carrey's you're man. He's been insane (23), he's been creepy (Series of Unfortunate Events), and he's always been hilarious (Ace Ventura). He's a perfect candidate. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.