Follow

Carnage

Character » Carnage appears in 714 issues.

Carnage is the offspring of the alien symbiote Venom. It bonded with the crazed serial killer, Cletus Kasady, thus creating one of Spider-Man's most murderous, brutal, and lethal adversaries.

Carnage... What should I read?

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Zomboid

I've always found this guy interesting, mostly just from what I've heard of him. He's always seemed liked the kind of character I'd love. Now, I'm not really a huge Spider-man fan, and haven't really read much Spidery comics. But I really wanna read about Carnage.

So my question is simply what would you all suggest I read, regarding Carnage? I've heard much about Maximum Carnage, but is that the first story I should read? I know there's also a mini-series that came out recently, does anyone know when it's being released as a trade? But I need to know what to read besides those two stories, and possibly a suggested order? Thanks for the help.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979
    Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zomboid
    @Kairan1979: Will do, thanks. Anyone have any other suggestions or answers?
    Mjneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Mjneal

If you're just getting into Carnage you must read "Mind Bomb" and "It's A Wonderful Life" These delve into the mind of a psychopath and really give you a feel for who Cletus is. They're some of the best comics I've read. Fair warning though they're pretty brutal.

RUSTMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RUSTMAN
    @Zomboid said:

I know there's also a mini-series that came out recently, does anyone know when it's being released as a trade? 

The hardcover came out today (24/8) so perfect timing for you... I'm going to pick it up, I've heard great things about Zeb Wells' writing in the series. 
    Also there will be another mini series coming out called Carnage USA which also looks to be good. 
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32808

Hope that helps!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zomboid
    @Mjneal: Sounds perfect! I love brutally insane and psychotic sort of stuff, lol. I'll definitely check those out. Are these two stories collected in any TPB, or do I have to get ahold of the single issues?

@RUSTMAN: Wow, perfect timing indeed. I'll pick it up too, but I might read some of these other suggestions first.

@Jake Fury: This looks like a good trade to introduce myself to Carnage. I'll look for it, thanks.
    TheVenomSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheVenomSite
    Carnage checklist - I will definitely recommend his origin as well (ASM 361-363).
    Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zomboid
    @TheVenomSite: Wow, that link helps a ton. Thanks!
    spidey1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spidey1fan

venom vs carnage, and carnage

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.