Follow

Carnage

Character » Carnage appears in 714 issues.

Carnage is the offspring of the alien symbiote Venom. It bonded with the crazed serial killer, Cletus Kasady, thus creating one of Spider-Man's most murderous, brutal, and lethal adversaries.

Am I the only guy who likes Carnage?

• 93 results
    stupaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By stupaman

carnage is bad ass he's wat u'd get if john stamos bonded with the symbiote

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Mutant X
    stupaman said:
    "carnage is bad ass he's wat u'd get if john stamos bonded with the symbiote"
    ???

.... no comment.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Mutant X said:
    "They could've lasted longer than they did. I'm just saying I liked the idea of a bunch of alien goop turning someone into a freaky looking monster and giving him extraordinary powers. Marvel could have let it stay a little bit of a mystery. Instead, they decided to have a whole planet of them and have 8738946598639428 symbiotes.
    "
    What do you mean? Gargan is Venom...they had a recent outbreak in New Avengers,Mighty Avengers,and Deadpool with symbiotes.They just recently had an arc in Spider-Man with Brock as Anti-Venom.A symbiote appeared in Kingbreaker #3 which came out last week.What more do you want? There was no real mystery behind symbiotes.The longer they stayed around...the closer someone would come to finding out what their origin was.It was only a matter of time.Wolverine's origin was never revealed and then finally they just revealed it.People want to know and sooner or later..you're just going to have to tell them.Symbiotes are still around but in small doses.The whole concept is just boring at this point.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By SUNMAN
    stupaman said:
    "carnage is bad ass he's wat u'd get if john stamos bonded with the symbiote"
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    MrMiracle77 said:
    "Carnage was a bit of fresh air at the time.  Consider what was going on with Spidey when Carnage showed up: a pair of robots were pretending to be his parents.  I remember reading those comics and thinking to myself, "sweet jeebus, does this kid have anyone else in his life he can lose?  Oh?  Is that Carnage?  Thank god, we can get back to some superheroics!"

But looking back, Carnage was more than a little derivative.  He was the villainous progeny of a character who was himself the anti-hero progeny of Spiderman.
    "
    I agree
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#55  Edited By The_Martian
    John Valentine said:
    "
    What an undignified death.
    "
    I think that is the moment I started to think Sentry was cool:P
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By Erik
    Nobody said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "
    "
    I think that is the moment I started to think Sentry was cool:P
    "
    That was one of the few times he was cool.
    SpeedDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SpeedDown

The symbiote thing is overdone I think. But the characters themselves are still good. Haven't read what they're doing with the whole anti venom thing but it certainly sounds interesting. I think just seeing carnage do something different then the usual would be pretty cool.

Venom=sickest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Venom=sickest

I have always had a problem with Carnage. In fact, I found this topic by searching "carnage sucks" on google, lol.

First of all, it's important to note that Marvel created Carnage to replace Brock. They were going to kill off Venom entirely, but the fans wouldn't hear of it, so they decided to keep them both.

That was their first mistake: making ANOTHER symbiote. Venom was (and still is) one of the coolest Spider-Man villains ever, because he is basically Spider-Man's equal, but his opposite as well. He has all the same abilities, but he's bigger, looks different and even scares Spiderman himself (I remember reading an issue where Parker literally runs away from him).

Then Marvel makes...ANOTHER symbiote. And now the special bond Parker and Venom have is kind of ruined. What also pisses me off is that Carnage is this little bastard who is inanely powerful (able to form blades from his skin), but if Venom tries hard enough he can whup his ass. I don't get it, he's like 5'11" and Venom is 6'8", they're both symbiotes and Venom has more experience!

I just don't like him, plain and simple. But Venom isn't looking too good these days either. I think they fell off with him when they portrayed him as this huge, hulking....well, Hulk. In that 2003 comic, he was this giant ass dude. That doesn't even make sense! And Gargan is dissapointing. I don't like how his eyes show through the Symbiotes original eyes.

They need to return Venom's form to how McFarlane drew him in the late 80's, or whenever that was.

Lawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lawson

For a long time Venom was by far my favorite comic book character. What they did with venom in the 90s spidey cartoon is what spider-man 3 should have been.

When they got rid of Brock they killed Venom in my opinion. Gargan doesn't even come close.

As for carnage, yeah he should stay dead. He was good as a Venom plot line but in the end he just detracts from the spidey venom rivalry.

Avatar image for proffesor_shoganai
    PROFFESOR SHOGANAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carnage back in the day is pretty wild, when i was a kid i thought carnage was the coolest lookin villain

Venom=sickest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Venom=sickest

Lawson
    said:
    "

For a long time Venom was by far my favorite comic book character. What they did with venom in the 90s spidey cartoon is what spider-man 3 should have been.

When they got rid of Brock they killed Venom in my opinion. Gargan doesn't even come close.

As for carnage, yeah he should stay dead. He was good as a Venom plot line but in the end he just detracts from the spidey venom rivalry.

"
    Yeah. Gargan Sucks. He just looks really lame, and doesn't have that same fear that venom exerts.

And I agree about the Spiderman/Venom Rivalry. Carnage was a distraction.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DEGRAAF
    TheDrifter said:
    "Venom got me into comics in the first place, I thought Carnage was a great concept. They should've stopped at Toxin though, Regardless, I've just always liked him. Dunno why."
    i agree with this.  i love carnage. i like him better than venom bc he is willing to go that much farther. Toxin i wish they would show more of or just get rid of and they should have never let venom have more than one offspring. If they want to keep having offspring they should do it the right way and let toxin have an offspring. i dont think i like how the next offspring is stronger than all of the ones before it combined though. That just makes it to hard because your gonna need more and more people to beat each next offspring. its like a slow moving epidemic disease. no one can stop it and it just keeps growing and changing. almost like the beginning of vampires. they would need the Venom symbiote to destroy all the other ones other than that its a losing battle. luckily its only suppose to happen once to each symbiote
    chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By chris thompson

I have mixed feelings for carnage. sometimes I like him some times I think he is f-ing stupid.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SUNMAN

Carnage is cool, but he should be used a lot less than Venom. 

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

To answer your question....yes...probably

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By Nahero

i love carnage i just can't get enough of the guy but yeah as a hero i would take pleasure in beating him cuz hes a psycho but i wouldn't rip him in half like sentry did that guy was OD'ing.

point is that i do like him as a character and awesome villain but as a good person at heart i hate what he represent's himself as and what he does especially to people

and seriously i think there should have been (Carnage like) Symbiote slave's in Spiderman web of shadows and he needs to be in the next spider man game too

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Haha there's something strange about hearing you say "I just can't get enough of the guy"....would you say you have an addiction?

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Super-Buster

I like Carnage. He's the the guy who comes to mind when I think pure, unadulterated, evil violence for the sake of violence. The ultimate psychopath.

Dodad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Dodad

Carnage was stupid.  I'm glad Sentry killed him.  It's true the symbiote bit was overdone and the only one I liked was Venom.  Maximum Carnage real stunk.  I would have had him die then.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Andferne
    TheDrifter said:

"Venom got me into comics in the first place, I thought Carnage was a great concept. They should've stopped at Toxin though, Regardless, I've just always liked him. Dunno why."
    They should of stopped at Carnage. No Toxin or any of the others, retarded character.
    Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By Psychotime

AfterAndferne said:

"TheDrifter said:

"They should of stopped at Carnage. "
    True. Good thing most of them are dead. Toxin passes because they're trying out a GOOD symbiote for once. How's he doing right now, anyway?
    Spidercide92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Spidercide92

good news (for people who like carnage) he's not dead he'll be returning in Dark Reign : siniter spiderman mini series 

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Waffle Fries

hmmmmm, carnage was cool when he first came out, but after that... Maximum Carnage was a joke... and Toxin? really?

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74  Edited By ComicCrazy

carnage is a great villain!

THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By THALASTDRAGON

i luv carnage, i want him back in some way, he's pure insane, we need that back

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#76  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I used to love Carnage..I was a child then.I hate him now.He's based on a one-dimensional concept.

chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By chris thompson

I think Carnage should stay dead.

KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By KasadyCarnage

Carnage rules all you fools, ashame that Sentry killed him

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By grimreaper1980

i like him so much that i once wrote a story just playing around one time where dr. doom recruited him and several other great villains to take down the avengers( and yeah i think it would have worked). hear me out: juggernaut, carnage, malekith the accursed, gargantua, dr. spectrum, hyperion 2, speed demon, (squadron sinister, i know), evil hawk, constrictor, titanium man, flagsmasher(given upgrades), man-ape, cold heart, executioner, terrax, electro, attuma, bi-beast, graviton, and nitro

SylarKita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SylarKita

I like Carnage, maybe its because I have a weakness for psychopaths (I sort of do)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81  Edited By InnerVenom123

Carnage really did have potential. I dunno why Marvel just killed him off like that. Lazy writing.

chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By chris thompson

I liked him. Just not nearly as much as I do Venom! 

STRANGERS IN NIIIIIIIGHT!  Good song.
    striderevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By striderevil

There hasn't been an actual villain to rival Spiderman before the symbiotes came out. I mean seriously  Chameleon, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Green Goblin, Hammerhead, Hobgoblin, Hydro-Man, Kingpin, Kraven, Lizard, Morbius, Molten Man, Mysterio, Rhino, Sandman, Scarecrow, Scorpion, Swarm, Tarantula, Vermin, Vulture, and Will o' the Wisp. were all either too stupid, slow, or were Lex Luthor (Kingpin) type villains whose army of villains couldn't match up at the end of the day ,not to mention everything done revolves around an intricate plot which was better than reading the sad life of a super smart struggling journalist. Then steps in Venom. Hes bigger, stronger (though stupid) and immune to spidey sense and yet he targets only spiderman cause like all previous villain hes mad with a freaking conscience.   

Carnage is the only one truly nuts. And thats why he was so appealing. Oh look a man kill!!, oh look a child and family kill!!. What made him more interesting is the fact that Spidermans relationship with Venom was forced to change on his account. He is in my books one of the best villains out there just for the fact that hes a straightup, psycho no nonsense. He is what Doomsday is to Superman. Now since Kassidy is dead maybe someone with more brains and whose equally nuts (a new carnage owner) can make the Spiderman series appealing again. Spiderman has come out with so many suits it would be nice to see him fuse with a symbiote augment his powers instead of him looking for friends to back him up every-time venom or carnage comes knocking on his door. On a side note apart from Maximum carnage every other alternate stories and timelines were just plain dumb. I had high hopes for Spidey but that was just horrible to read.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @John Valentine said:
    "
    "

No Caption Provided
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By thegreatfour
    @InnerVenom123: I think a picture of Carnage should appear right next to the definition of insanity in the dictionary :P
    KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By KasadyCarnage
    @thegreatfour said:
    " @InnerVenom123: I think a picture of Carnage should appear right next to the definition of insanity in the dictionary :P "

My picture is already next to it. Carnage can be a little side note.
    Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• He's okay at times...
    KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By KasadyCarnage
    @venomoushatred1001 said:
    "

• He's okay at times...
    "

I didn't just read that... what I read was... He is ALWAYS great at ALL times.
    Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KasadyCarnage said:
    "@venomoushatred1001 said:
    "

• He's okay at times...
    "
    I didn't just read that... what I read was... He is ALWAYS great at ALL times. "

LOL
    ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#91  Edited By ThePRez

@Vance Astro said:

I used to love Carnage..I was a child then.I hate him now.He's based on a one-dimensional concept.

thats how I see this character

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#92  Edited By TheCannon

Carnage is one of my favorite villains.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By PaperDemon

Definitely not. Carnage is my favorite comic villain of all time.

No Caption Provided
    BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#94  Edited By BatWatch

No doubt he is a force to be reckoned with, but he is kind of one dimensional.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.