Follow

Carnage

Character » Carnage appears in 714 issues.

Carnage is the offspring of the alien symbiote Venom. It bonded with the crazed serial killer, Cletus Kasady, thus creating one of Spider-Man's most murderous, brutal, and lethal adversaries.

A Question About Carnage's Comic Arcs

majestic8705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By majestic8705

Okay, first of all I'm going to come and out say I'm not much of a Carnage or Spiderman fan. My tastes in comics have usually been exclusive to the X-Men and Batman and, more recently, Deadpool (though I think the new arcs are pretty dumb tbh...Pulp, Extreme, Deadpool, Wade Wilson's War, Merc With a Mouth, Deadpool Corps, etc.). Those are the comics I know and love so while I can hold my own in any discussion of those characters, I know next to nothing about the Spiderman/Carnage stuff. 

Which brings me to the point of this post. A friend of mine, Lee, is a huge fan of Carnage and Spiderman (though more so Spiderman). From when Lee was a kid, he remembers reading a Spiderman and/or Carnage comic line that faced that beloved webslinger against an army of Carnages. I'm trying to find out whether or not such a comic series actually exists or not. The closest I've found so far is the Maximum Carnage arc where Carnage recruits an army of various evil type characters and runs amok in New York however, I vaguely recall Lee telling me that this was not the comic he was looking for (we both went to the FanExpo for the past couple years and someone suggested Maximum Carnage was the story Lee was looking for, Lee flipped through it and said that wasn't it and the comic guys had nothing else to suggest). I'm stuck on what to get Lee as a Christmas gift so I was thinking of tracking down the aforementioned arc and giving him that.

So, there's the question: Is there a Carnage story arc, besides Maximum Carnage, which pits Spiderman against an army of Carnage or Carnage like characters?  

Thanks!

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By .Spider-man.
    majestic8705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By majestic8705
    @.Spider-man.: I was thinking that one (after clicking on various links on the side bars). Now is the whole arc just those five issues or would I need to get that Clone Saga book 3 as well..?
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne

If you are just wanting to get the involvement of the symbiotes then I'd stick to those books. The Clone Saga series has pros and cons. People seem to love/hate it, or love to hate it. lol

KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KasadyCarnage
    @majestic8705 said:
    "Okay, first of all I'm going to come and out say I'm not much of a Carnage or Spiderman fan. My tastes in comics have usually been exclusive to the X-Men and Batman and, more recently, Deadpool (though I think the new arcs are pretty dumb tbh...Pulp, Extreme, Deadpool, Wade Wilson's War, Merc With a Mouth, Deadpool Corps, etc.). Those are the comics I know and love so while I can hold my own in any discussion of those characters, I know next to nothing about the Spiderman/Carnage stuff.  Which brings me to the point of this post. A friend of mine, Lee, is a huge fan of Carnage and Spiderman (though more so Spiderman). From when Lee was a kid, he remembers reading a Spiderman and/or Carnage comic line that faced that beloved webslinger against an army of Carnages. I'm trying to find out whether or not such a comic series actually exists or not. The closest I've found so far is the Maximum Carnage arc where Carnage recruits an army of various evil type characters and runs amok in New York however, I vaguely recall Lee telling me that this was not the comic he was looking for (we both went to the FanExpo for the past couple years and someone suggested Maximum Carnage was the story Lee was looking for, Lee flipped through it and said that wasn't it and the comic guys had nothing else to suggest). I'm stuck on what to get Lee as a Christmas gift so I was thinking of tracking down the aforementioned arc and giving him that. So, there's the question: Is there a Carnage story arc, besides Maximum Carnage, which pits Spiderman against an army of Carnage or Carnage like characters?   Thanks! "

I believe you are thinking of Planet of the Symbiotes. Bunch o' symbiote invade Earth and Carnage eats some o' them up, and grows 40 feet tall.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.