Ultimate Marvel

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

So whats the low down on the Ultimate Captain Marvel? how much dose he differ from the 616 version? is he more or less power full? should I pick up some trades he features in?

#2 Posted by Alternaut (484 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't differ all that much from the original 616 Stan Lee concept except he doesn't really have a Uniblaster [I think it was called, I'm not sure]. There's other differences like the Kree are gigantic fish and thus he was actually surgically made to appear like a human. I'd say he's more powerful than Mar-Vell in his original incarnation, which he's based on, but not more powerful than the Nega-Bands incarnation that's vastly more powerful or whatever. I'd advise you pick up the original Ultimate Galactus trilogy, his appearances aren't really all that great or spectacular. He looks cool in the original series he appeared in [Ultimate Secret] and does some stuff but afterward he's kind of treated as a throwaway character [like in the following part of the Galactus Trilogy, Ultimate Extinction and his appearance in the most recent Ultimate Mystery and Ultimate Doom].

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alternaut said:
" He doesn't differ all that much from the original 616 Stan Lee concept except he doesn't really have a Uniblaster [I think it was called, I'm not sure]. There's other differences like the Kree are gigantic fish and thus he was actually surgically made to appear like a human. I'd say he's more powerful than Mar-Vell in his original incarnation, which he's based on, but not more powerful than the Nega-Bands incarnation that's vastly more powerful or whatever. I'd advise you pick up the original Ultimate Galactus trilogy, his appearances aren't really all that great or spectacular. He looks cool in the original series he appeared in [Ultimate Secret] and does some stuff but afterward he's kind of treated as a throwaway character [like in the following part of the Galactus Trilogy, Ultimate Extinction and his appearance in the most recent Ultimate Mystery and Ultimate Doom]. "
Ok thanks, I had planned on picking up the Ultimate Galactus trilogy anyway. I dont like how they ignore this character in the 616 and by the sound of it the 6160 as well.
#4 Posted by TheCannon (18296 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever hear of google?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.