The Fate of Mar-Vell Revealed? SPOILERS!

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

So the fate of Captain Marvel has been decided in Young Avengers Presents #2

I guess Cap Marvel won't be staying in the Marvel Universe after the Secret Invasion. Dang it!

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Whos the kid?

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

His son, Hulkling.

#4 Posted by DEADPOOL (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

...Was Hulkling checking out his father?

#5 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

i HOPE not

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"...Was Hulkling checking out his father?"
What?
#7 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother f@cker! f@ck f@ck!

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

:P

#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

What the f@Ck is the point of that, I mean come the feck on, Oh yeah we brought him back and after this is all over we are throwing him to the side again, OH THANKS FOR THAT MARVEL, YOU BUNCH OF RETARDS, STOP DESTROYING MY FAV CHARACTERS!

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Arrow says:

"Mother f@cker! f@ck f@ck!"
My thoughts exactly.
#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

They should put him on a team or something like Mighty Avengers.

#12 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio

SONS... OF... B!TCHES... This is complete bullshit, in his series they are making it seem like he is a goddamn Skrull and in this other series (besides drawing him terribly), they are saying that he is not going to be around much longer.

#13 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

They should never have brought him back in the first place. But since they did, killing him off again so soon is just a waste. The could have at least tried to justify his presence by giving him a long-term role in the MU...

#14 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I think after I read The New Avengers Illumianati issue #4, that Marvel might be preparing us for Marvel-Boy/ Noh-Varr to take over the helm. Since his other son Genis is dead, and his daughter is the new Quasar. Then we have Hulking who is not even close to being a warrior as of yet.

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

avengpymhawk says:

"I think after I read The New Avengers Illumianati issue #4, that Marvel might be preparing us for Marvel-Boy/ Noh-Varr to take over the helm. Since his other son Genis is dead, and his daughter is the new Quasar. Then we have Hulking who is not even close to being a warrior as of yet."
I was thinking that too, but I hope not. So far anyone they have had taken the "Captain Marvel" role has not been nearly as cool as Mar-Vell.
#16 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

this could be the reason ...

#17 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Well after reading Secret Invasion #1, it looks like Noh-Varr will be the new Captain Marvel. Looks like I predicted right.

#18 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

well... who ever read Captain Marvel #5 now knows why he will never come back...

#19 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS from Captain Marvel #5

So it was revealed that a skrull was geneticly alter to be a exact match of Mar-Vell in every single way. And be accident his memeory was alter to believe that he was Mar-Vell. This skrull has learned the truth, but it was basicly like Mar-Vell learning the truth that he was a skrull. The real Mar-Vell wouldn't just join them and this skrull Mar-vell isn't either. So it seems that he is planning on sticking around to fill the Mar-Vell shoes. So if this guy is a genetic match of Mar-Vell, and has all of Mar-Vell's memories, thoughts, and feelings, can we forget that he is actually just a clone/skrull and go on to having Captain Marvel again in the Marvel Universe?

#20 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Who else can be a Skrull? I think its people who arent that active. I have some pic I made of people I do and dont trust but I dont know how to put pic on a post.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.