Captain Marvel Returns to Marvel in July

• 76 results
Posted by G-Man (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has released a mysterious teaser proclaiming the return of Captain Marvel.

No other information has been released. Details will be revealed Saturday, March 17 at the Talk To The Hat panel, 4:00PM PST, during Wondercon 2012!

What do you think this will be about? Who will be Captain Marvel?

#1 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be Captain Marvel who else would a Captain Marvel book be about

#2 Posted by Fhiz (476 posts) - - Show Bio

God, how great would it have been if DC didn't officially change their Captain Marvel's name to Shazam? Oh, the confusion! ...maybe.

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody is coming back from the dead... Why not Captain Marvel?

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

It had better be the real deal, and they better let him leave. If Marvel Comics doesn't want to deal with him, consistantly then they should just place him with the Annihilators, he's a cosmic hero. and one of my favorites, I'm tired Marvel Comics toying with this character , let him live.

#5 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep that Mar-vell Trademark alive!

Either way, I am excited to see his resurrection...

#6 Posted by Outside_85 (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it obviously wont be anyone with Batson as their last name.

#7 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Pass the mantle onto someone else! His death was so different and meaningful.

#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda hope it's Teddy Altman.

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Marvel's Captain Marvel, imo -_-

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, he's been dead for a while

#11 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Time for a Comic Vine exclusive:

I am Captain Marvel

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (58365 posts) - - Show Bio

ahahaha.
BB

#13 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Noh-Varr? Hopefully he wont be in that "protector" gear.

#14 Posted by Trodorne (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

Everybody is coming back from the dead... Why not Captain Marvel?

Why not indeed. the concept of Lady Death is a laughable idea. Is there really a purpose to her even existing in the marvel universe?

#15 Posted by ShadowX (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

No I think it's Hulkling, i think that captain Marvel in AVX is Hulkling, and this will continue his story.

#16 Posted by The V0id (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Captain Marvel featured on one of the Avengers vs X-Men covers? It would be awesome if the Phoenix Force could resurrect some or all of the characters who have died in Marvel.

#17 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be Noh-Varr not that stupid Young Avenger. >:(

#18 Posted by deadpool25mm (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos: yeah i hope its Noh-Varr too .

#19 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio

i kinda hope its Genis

#20 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably going to turn out to be that Marvel Boy guy who is now Protector or something, he will probably become Captain Marvel again, but this time for the good guys and be a real hero and really try to live up to being Captain Marvel.

#21 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos: @deadpool25mm: @ArtisticNeedham: sorry to disappoint

Secret Avengers #27
#22 Posted by Shimmy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I suppose that answers that then.

#23 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

No disrespect to Billy Batson( Shazam/Captain Marvel),this topic is not about him, it's about Mar-vell! Ironically my first 2 comics were about both of of these characters, one from Dc and one From Marvel, I hold them both in high regards. Now moving on, I believe that this Captain Marvel is Mar-vell, remembering that Genis-vell's body was seperated and sent to different realms in Thunderbolts 100 . Noh-Varr is on the cover so it couldn't be him, and Hulking just doesn't fit the profile aside of DNA. I just hope this is the real deal. Mar-vell needs to be placed on the Annihilators and kick a.. all through the universe,he should only come to earth if there is a serious problem lets say Phoenix! Live on Captain Marvel!

#24 Posted by Iridium (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't DC relaunching Captain Marvel but my the name Shazam, which while making some sense, it still really disappointing. I figure Marvel want to reaffirm the name in their Universe.

#25 Posted by CapFanboy (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!! YESS!!!!!! OH GOOOOOOD YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

#26 Posted by Grey56 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: Agreed. I don't mind if it's another person to take up the mantle - in fact I'd encourage it. Just not the original Mar-vell. We'll see though. Any excuse to get a series with more cosmic characters is a win with this guy.

#27 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

About time

#28 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it sure does look like Teddy Altman's version if Captain Marvel which is good, they've never done anything with Noh-Var he doesn't deserve to be Captain Marvel.

#29 Edited by PrimeDirective (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Teddy doesn't really have anything else to do in the wake of Children's Crusade, so it very well could be him. I REALLY hope it's Mar-Vell, but I doubt it with that color scheme. Also, I gotta ask... Is Captain Marvel really powerful enough to fit in with the Annihilators? I mean, I know he was a paragon of truth and justice that pretty much was the model hero of all the other heroes, but that had nothing to do with his strength and power, right? I never thought his strength was up there with Thor, Surfer, Sentry, and Hulk and photonic blasts aren't exactly the most terrifying thing to the forces of evil. I mean, I know he's an expert combatant and all, but I always thought his true strength came from his leadership, kinda like Captain America.

#30 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Batson. F*ck Marvel.

#31 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw the stupid Young Avenger. Noh-Varr deserved the chance and his story was building to it all before Bendis just got bored of writing him and just abandoned it.

Noh-Varr
#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35155 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrimeDirective said:

Teddy doesn't really have anything else to do in the wake of Children's Crusade, so it very well could be him. I REALLY hope it's Mar-Vell, but I doubt it with that color scheme. Also, I gotta ask... Is Captain Marvel really powerful enough to fit in with the Annihilators? I mean, I know he was a paragon of truth and justice that pretty much was the model hero of all the other heroes, but that had nothing to do with his strength and power, right? I never thought his strength was up there with Thor, Surfer, Sentry, and Hulk and photonic blasts aren't exactly the most terrifying thing to the forces of evil. I mean, I know he's an expert combatant and all, but I always thought his true strength came from his leadership, kinda like Captain America.

The dude is pretty strong 

Also:
Bring Him Back 
#33 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully it will be a good comeback :) and worth to read it!

#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

The Secret Avengers solicits and tweets/facebook updates from Remender already confirmed this.

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

The Secret Avengers solicits and tweets/facebook updates from Remender already confirmed this.

Which version of "this"? That he's coming back or that its Mar-Vell?

#36 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I'm sorry.

Both.

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I'm sorry.

Both.

You better be, you have a lot to be sorry for.

#38 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Also:
Bring Him Back

Yip-yip.

#39 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Lord,I'd give a million bucks if its Mar-vell coming back (Hopefully Remender's tweets are true).I'd give a gazillion more bucks it Genis somehow shows up!!!

#40 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I'm sorry.

Both.

You better be, you have a lot to be sorry for.

Silence.

#41 Posted by GothamRed (2553 posts) - - Show Bio

so DC and marvel are bringing back their captain marvels now, alright. Anyway I hope Protector becomes captain marvel, either that or the original comes back. And if anyone is going to comment on this just know that I know DC changed their captain marvel's name to shazam.

#42 Edited by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's Mar-vell and not someone else .  

@ArtisticNeedham

:  
Only reason I don't see it being Noh-Varr is 
#43 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember...as certain as people seem....they don't know either.

#44 Edited by PrimeDirective (448 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I know he never had any energy manipulation feats on par with Quasar and as far as physical strength he's only a 15 tonner if I recall. Maybe 50, but even if that's the case, he's still falling short of being on par with Ronan. At best he could maybe get by with replacing Ikon on the Annihilators. She claims to be the perfect team leader? How about someone who's freaking omniscient about practically everything in the cosmos who even Steve, Tony, and Thor were willing to take orders from on occasion? I can see it now, Mar-Vell hanging in the back, pointing out their opponents' weaknesses and the rest of the team tearing them asunder.

#45 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

SHAZAM! xP

#46 Edited by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

God i hope they keep Mar-vell dead. I liked Captain Marvel, but the only reason he is interesting now is because he is dead. He is the one symbol of a true hero with a long history to have died. And not just 'a death'. He died of cancer. A real life decease. I dont think you should just get him up and running again. If you didnt want it to be so hard to revive a character, you shouldnt have killed him in this way. 

Just like Doug from the New Mutants, Captain Marvel fulfills a more interesting character being dead. Look at Doug now in his 'revived' status, they brought him back and he doesnt bring anything extra to the table. In his death, he helped shape the New Mutants. It haunted them for a long time, it was there "Thunderbird" dying. His interesting side was that he was dead, and nothing else. Just my 2 cents.

#47 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrimeDirective: Did  Quasar ever get his body back? or is he still a weird ghost thing?
#48 Posted by PrimeDirective (448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Teerack: I don't exactly remember... I think so, but all that Fault/Cancerverse stuff was kind of confusing to follow, so it may just be that his quantum energy body has taken on a more living appearance.
#49 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

There was an article floating about that it may in fact be Carol Danvers. I'll try and find the link.

#50 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Mar-Vell comes back to finally anoint Carol Danvers as the new Captain Marvel......ooooorrrr maybe he's finally coming back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.